Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6077&start_row=1

'Black' and 'White'

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 94
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/5/2015 8:45:38 PM

H.I.M Qedamawi Haile Selassie: "I must say that Black and White, as forms of speech, and as a means of judging Mankind, should be eliminated from Human society. Human beings are precisely the same whatever colour, race, creed or national origin they may be."

1 Samuel 16:7 -- But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/5/2015 8:49:31 PM

What language did he say that in?

Praise HIM
Africa Ipreme

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/5/2015 9:02:44 PM

H.I.M Qedamawi Haile Selassie: "[But as it is] In the Amharic language alone that I am able to speak my mind from my heart and with all the force of my spirit;"

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/5/2015 9:17:56 PM

Emperor Haile Selassie I Speaks In English
Watch Video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y9txgoiHrU

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/5/2015 9:43:02 PM

H.I.M Qedamawi Haile Selassie: "We in Ethiopia have one of the oldest versions of the Bible, but however old the version may be, in whatever language it might be written, the Word remains one and the same. It transcends all boundaries of empires and all conceptions of race, it is eternal."

H.I.M Qedamawi Haile Selassie: "However wise or however mighty a person may be, he is like a ship without a rudder if he is without God. A rudderless ship is at the mercy of the waves and the wind, drifts wherever they take it and if there arises a whirlwind it is smashed against the rocks and become as if it has never existed. It is our firm belief that a soul without Christ is bound to meet with no better fate."

H.I.M Qedamawi Haile Selassie: "Today man sees all his hopes and aspirations crumbling before him. He is perplexed and knows not whither he is drifting. But he must realise that the Bible is his refuge, and the rallying point for all humanity. In it man will find the solution of his present difficulties and guidance for his future action, and unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great Message, he cannot hope for salvation. For my part I glory in the Bible."

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/6/2015 6:12:32 AM

When did he say that? What information was available at the time?

Are we to believe the statements of a man some 40 years ago are not liable to change? This the same man who said Change is the law of life/nature

Many a rasta who burn bible today havr started off from a point of bible study
I n I are not bound by the words of any man as though they are Unchangeable unquestionable religious dogma. Unlike HIM I n I are no orthodox CHRISTIAN. I and I say HAILE Selassie I the First black african sovereign supreme, I n I say Haile SELASSIE is I. I n I reject every part of that which is now known to be a system of white supremacy. Re: black and white: ?semantics, we could easily replace with European ancestry / none euro ancestry or African. HIM had no problem identifying with race where needed:

'We Africans will fight..."

Blessed

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/6/2015 7:04:53 AM

"Supra national" leader of all Africans

"But through all that has been said and written and done in these years, there runs a common theme. Unity is the accepted goal. We argue about means; We discuss alternative paths to the same objectives; We engage in debates about techniques and tactics. But when semantics are stripped away, there is little argument among us. We are determined to create a union of Africans. In a very real sense, our continent is unmade; it still awaits its creation and its creators. It is our duty and privilege to rouse the slumbering giant of Africa, not to the nationalism of Europe in the Nineteenth Century, not to regional consciousness, but to the vision of a single African brotherhood bending its united efforts toward the achievement of a greater and nobler goal."

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/6/2015 8:32:22 AM

H.I.M Qedamawi Haile Selassie: "Where are we to look for our survival, for the answers to the questions which have never before been posed? We must look, first, to Almighty God, Who has raised man above the animals and endowed him with intelligence and reason. We must put our faith in Him, that He will not desert us or permit us to destroy humanity which He created in His image. And we must look into ourselves, into the depth of our souls. We must become something we have never been and for which our education and experience and environment have ill-prepared us. We must become bigger than we have been: more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook. We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community."

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/6/2015 8:52:38 AM

+ "UNTIL that day........We Africans will fight, if necessary, and we know that we shall win, as we are confident in the victory of good over evil."

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/6/2015 8:57:10 AM

African Christ

"Today, We name as our FIRST great task the final liberating of those Africans still dominated by FOREIGN EXPLOITATION and CONTROL. With the goal in sight, and unqualified triumph within our grasp, let us not now falter or lag or relax. We must make one final SUPREME effort; now, when the struggle grows weary, when so much has been won that the thrilling sense of achievement has brought us near satiation. Our liberty is meaningless unless all AFRICANS are free."

Notice your last couple speeches were addressing the UN ie on the International diplomat format. Whereas my speeches are addressing Africans. Where the supreme removal of foreign domination and control is priority. I can overs that

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 94

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I