Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5508&start_row=71

Do you believe evolution

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 87
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/20/2014 2:42:57 PM

King,

Africans are closer to the 'original' whatever than white people. But dat don't mean dem supreme still. Black man IS de original man so naturally.... dat statement no wrong. It's how they try to use and twist it to = supremacy / more 'evolved' when a lie. Mutation does not necessarily equate to or have anything to do with 'Better.'
If you see whe Iah say

But the story goes....

Original microscopic cellular forms of life in the new waters of the recently formed Earth. Den come bacteria and pathogens. Den sealife. Now fast forward way way way down de line past all dinosaur and everything. The original PRIMATE (not human). From which descended the line which would become homosapian, and a DIFFERENT line of genetics which would go onto become the Great Ape. That does not mean humans come from Apes which is the argument i Keep on repeatedly seeing. More like an estranged cousin. I....was....never.....an Ape. A madness. If you burn science den ok, but at least get the argument dat u burn right.

Selassie I

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 11/21/2014 6:44:27 AM

the bible is not theory. its a book.

evolution is a theory.

Ras Tafari is a way of life

Jah bless

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 11/21/2014 6:58:24 AM

I and I might be confusing you with different bible verses but in reality the bible is just a book to be read from beginning to the end.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/18/2015 1:14:33 PM

All who don't 'believe' in evolution, watch this space.

Creation, first hand....

http://www.iflscience.com/environment/newly-emerged-island-could-be-natural-lab-study-evolution

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/18/2015 3:02:33 PM

Beautiful!!!

Iwo Eleru, Nigeria's oldest known human habitation so far I believe

A skull found there suggest that primitive humans survived up to atleast 13,000 years ago long side modern humans and maybe interbred,
thats about 30,000 yrs after the first humans is said to have left Africa for the Andaman Islands

My thing would be were these first one out mordern man or were of the primitive like the Iwo Eleru skull and if so why did the evolunary stage take the same route

But Iyah we came from da stars, from the planet Rizq on the mothership we just havent been able to fix it to fly back but one day we go get it straight and lee way from ya...lol

Dont truly know weh deh we come from but where is evolution taking us now?

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 5/19/2015 12:57:19 PM

many rastas say you should deal with your history. it's maybe also because of the black movement thing. african history is part of every africans identity (to a certain extent) but i don't think our heritage itself is that important. it's not about where (exactly) we come from. it's about where we are going to (even if that's africa again).

i honour the story of adam and eve. like it was mentioned. the story can even be compared to kemetic legends. but i don't think i have to believe that there was a physical place which looked like a garden or one of our parks of today and there was a man called "man" or adam and a girl called "life" or eve. and satan appeared as an animal on a tree. it's all about the message. mankind is holy. mankind is more than skin, flesh and bones.

but i don't come from monkey

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 5/19/2015 3:33:57 PM

I & I heritage is very important. I & I de human race are in de same family with all primates. Ones & ones may look down pon other animal species but dat doesn't change de fact dat mankind & all other primates share de same ancestors. All de monkeys are I & I brothers & sistas too. I & I come from monkey. If yu give de name Adam to de first man then Adam was a monkey, ape or Ape descendent. Yo bible fiction story of Adam & Eve correlates with de theory of evolution. Raspect to all monkeys/apes

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/24/2015 4:23:35 AM

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/24/2015 5:34:50 AM

At what point does man become conscious of being man and think of where he comes from

I was reading an articles where they taught monkeys to use money, and all the human actions ober money sprang up, even prostitution

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 5/24/2015 8:26:50 AM

i don't want to talk about the bible again to convince somebody, but regarding this question, it's all i can deal with. in my view, animals are divine creatures too. we don't have the right to do what "we" are doing right now when it comes to food production and animal treatment in general. so yes, i respect animals and i know that apes are very intelligent and because of their body shape and behaviour it might seem that they have the same heritage but in the end, an animal is an animal to me. if you say they are brothers and sisters it's ok. and i think it's even inspiring because we have to treat them right but to me they are animals. nothing more or less. even when some people talk about their pets, they say that they are just like a person to them. so they should be treated with the same respect as human beings.

to me, my love for animals ends with that imagination. a human being shares the same destiny, the same mission, the same blood as a enemy, a colleague, a friend or a girlfirend or family member with me but an animal is just a creature that shares the same natural sources on earth as we. i'm a vegan. but IF i could only survive by eating an animal i would do so. i think that's ok. i think it's a fitting example. once there was this plane crash and the survivors had to eat parts of the corps of the persons who were killed during the crash. i don't know if that's a sin or something questionable but to me it's definitely something impure. it's a whole different case. so in my view, a human being and an animal are two different things.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 87

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I