Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4748&start_row=51

PREMARRITAL SEX

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 65
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: chica Sent: 8/14/2012 3:19:02 PM

Nazarite, I have but two words in reply to this recent posting of yours: THANK YOU!!!!!

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 8/14/2012 3:33:44 PM

Yes I Sister, give thanks.

Guidence and Itection to the I. Keep standing firm as a strong, dignified wombman in babylon so the girls can see they don't have to choose the vanity road.

Blessed love

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/14/2012 3:37:25 PM

And a heartfelt thank you to everyone who has builded on this reasoning. It seemed at first that everyone was hesitant about approching this issue. Even though it seemed to be off to a slow start, I believe it has been very fruitful to many. It has given each of us some things to consider when searching for life partners, as well as consideration for how we approach and treat each other as children of Jah.

Brother Nazarite, when I first witnessed the manner in which the bredren address the sistren, I must say, I was impressed. My fear was perhaps this was just for show, but my heart said, "Keep watching and listening, ask Jah to show you if it is true or not."

What I have found is that the bredren are genuinely respecful towards this I, even though we do not always disagree. The few instances where that has not been the case are not even worth mentioning or remembering. I am grateful for this forum and for this family. Blessings to all sistren and bredren. Jah's peace be with each of us.

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 8/14/2012 4:06:39 PM

Any true RastafarI man will treat wombmen with the utmost respect. It comes naturally to I and I, so if a man is under locks and isn't treating wombmen with Raspect, then by all means call him out for the brute he is, no matter if he calls the girls empress or sister while he abuses them.

Blessed love

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/14/2012 4:08:52 PM

Thank you for the wise counsel.

Messenger: King David Jah Sent: 8/22/2012 5:12:36 AM

THE I STILL GAT 2 QUESTIONS
1.WHEN IS ONE CONCIDERED TO BE MARRIED,ONCE THEY HAVE THE PAPERS OR ONCE THEY HAVE SEX?
2.SOME SAY SEX IS PRIMARILY FOR REPRODUCTION WAT IF YO NUMBER OF CHILDREN IF ENOUGH WILL YU STOP HAVIN SEX?
3.THE I GAT MI EMPRESS AND WI HAVE PLANS TO STAY TOGETHER THE I IS 22 AND THE EMPRESS IS 20 IS IT OK IF WI START TO BE PHYSICALY CONNECTED?

THE I NEED HELP COZ MI DONT WANT TO LIVE AN IMMORAL LIFE.

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 8/22/2012 5:40:32 AM

Brethren,

Just do it whatever way seems possible and safest to you!

That means, you can have sex with her before you stay together,
Or you can first stay together and then have sex!
I don't see any immorality if your ultimate goal is to marry her and start your family!

Bless..

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/23/2012 4:16:19 PM

Sex is married if the I doesn't stay with the one the I has had sex with Jah will be vex

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/23/2012 7:13:58 PM

King David Jah wrote:
"THE I STILL GAT 2 QUESTIONS
1.WHEN IS ONE CONCIDERED TO BE MARRIED,ONCE THEY HAVE THE PAPERS OR ONCE THEY HAVE SEX?
2.SOME SAY SEX IS PRIMARILY FOR REPRODUCTION WAT IF YO NUMBER OF CHILDREN IF ENOUGH WILL YU STOP HAVIN SEX?
3.THE I GAT MI EMPRESS AND WI HAVE PLANS TO STAY TOGETHER THE I IS 22 AND THE EMPRESS IS 20 IS IT OK IF WI START TO BE PHYSICALY CONNECTED?"

Greetings, King David Jah.

Consider this: Sex is a physical act which any animal can perform. It does not mean you are committed to the person you hare having sex with.

Many people have sex for purposes other than procreation. We know that procreation can only take place if the sex act is performed. But let us be real. Many people have sex because they like the way it feels, period. So that whether they have one child or 20 children, they continue to have sex long after procreation has been accomplished.

As far back as biblical days, when a child is born of a union that included sex, but did not include marriage, the child was labeled a bastard – a child without a name. This stigma stays with the child forever. Even in today’s world, when there are so many baby mamas and baby daddies, the stigma of bastard is still there.

By making your commitment to your partner official through the act of a written commitment, it protects your children from being labeled bastards. It also protects your partner’s name. It offers her respect of her family that she would otherwise not receive.

I firmly believe that sex and marriage are 2 different things.

Marriage is a commitment that 2 people make to each other. Marriage requires commitment. Sex does not.

When we look at the example set by HIM, he did marry his partner. No one can refute that fact. People might offer you fifty-eleven reasons why HIM married his empress, but at the end of the day, guess what? HIM MARRIED HIM EMPRESS! This means he committed to their marriage in writing. No refuting that.

Are you committed to your empress?

Do you believe it is important that she knows she is loved and cared for by her partner, so much so that to marry her would not be an act forced upon you, but an act you would commit as a way of protecting her name, the name of your future seeds, her reputation, and building a solid foundation?

If your answer to these questions is yes, then I believe you know what to do. If your answer to these questions is no, then I believe you know what to do. Whatever you decide, ask Jah for guidance. And remember the example set by HIM.

One love...

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 8/23/2012 7:52:15 PM

That is why I and I have to hold high standards when it comes to who I and I become intimately involved with. It isn't so much a sex before marriage thing as much as just a responsibility thing.
The way I deal with it is like this: I would never sleep with a wombman I wasn't sure I could live with as I Empress. So like I said in that last big Reasoning, that means that I have to know and Reason with the Empress first and have a good relationship before I even consider making a sexual connection. For that to happen, the Empress would have to overstand the significance and commitment of the act of I and I becoming One flesh.
Although I defended it, and I know exactly what Sister Chica is saying about marriage certificates, I am one of those men for who a marriage certificate is not essential. If I have got to the point with an Empress that I can make that sexual connection, then that is enough for I, and the wombman is I Empress. If I and I Reasoned after that and came to the conclusion that I and I should 'get married' for any of the very good reasons that the Sister listed then so it goes.

That is just I though still. I know plenty of Rastas who view it different. Some who even say they're 'gyalists', but I don't really rate that Livity. It is too irresponsible.
An example of a Ras who lives different to I, but I still have deep Raspect for, is an Idren I know has been involved with a lot of different wombmen and probably still is with a few. I don't stick I nose in his business so I don't know for sure who he is involved with at the moment, but it is definately not a lustful Livity he is living. Every wombman he is involved with knows he is not faithful to one wombman, and he doesn't go for looks, he goes for an Iritual connection every time. That Livity is not one I would live, since I follow the example of His Majesty to the letter in that regard, but not everyone lives the same, and this Idren moves with Raspect and responsibility in the way he goes about things.

Blessed love

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 65

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I