Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4748&start_row=1

PREMARRITAL SEX

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 65
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: King David Jah Sent: 7/7/2012 8:16:45 AM

Greetings kings and queens
I man want to know if sex before marriage is evil or not.
Some bredren once sed ders notin evil about it.I man love to uphold purity nd righteousness in l life. i man seek for overstanding.

Messenger: chica Sent: 7/9/2012 1:59:44 PM

King David Jah, I once heard a gentleman say, "I will NEVER marry a woman just to have sex with her!!" And I agreed with him 100 percent.
And so I stated to him: "You are 100 percent right. You should NEVER marry a woman just to have sex with her. Marry her because you want to honor her. Marry her to legitimize your children's names. Marry her because she supports you, has your back. Marry her because she puts up with your family. Marry her because she shares your dreams, hopes, aspirations. Marry her because she loves you and you love her. Marry her to provide the benefit of security that comes with marriage. Marry her, and then make sweet love to her. But for heaven's sake, don't EVER marry her just to have sex. You would be doing her a disservice as well as yourself!'... Blessings^

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 7/26/2012 1:03:46 PM

Sex before an official marriage could never be evil if it is had with the intention of bringing forth offsprings, seen?

Sex before marriage is sinful if it is had for pleasure only, seen?

So sex could never be evil if the partners have purposed to reproduce,
be it before or after the marriage as long as it is not fornication, seen?

Bless..

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/2/2012 4:20:49 PM

Why would you want to reproduce with a woman and not make her a wife and provide her the security that comes with marriage as well as a legitimate name for your seed?

Messenger: burningbush Sent: 8/2/2012 10:08:20 PM

Marriage is not defined by a piece of paper, but by our souls and hearts.

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/3/2012 1:48:09 PM

If the souls and hearts are truly committed, one to the other, what does "the piece of paper" hurt? What is wrong with legitimizing the marriage commitment and future seeds by the act of commiting to the union in written form? Who does that hurt?

Messenger: burningbush Sent: 8/3/2012 3:57:15 PM

It doesn't hurt anything, but it doesn't accomplish anything either.

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/3/2012 4:39:07 PM

I beg to disagree with you in that regard. Here is what it accomplishes from a womyn's perspective:

1. Her partner cares enough for her to make her his wife.
2. Her partner cares enough for her to put it in writing.
3. Her partner is concerned about her reputation.
4. Her partner is concerned about legitimizing their seeds. (Sad as it may be, chldren born out of wedlock are still referred to as "bastards," and treated differently at the family reunion.)
5. Her partner agrees to this commitment to show his trustworthiness and his hope for the best where she is concerned.
6. Her partner wants to make this "official" as one bredren posted and to put her mind at rest that he is in it for the long haul and will not abandon her or their family at the first sign of conflict.
7. Her partner wants to prove to her that this is not all "just talk," that he is not about B.S. when it comes to BUILDING with her.

Just a few reasons from a womyn's perspective.

I try to imagine someone approaching an empress and saying:

"Empress, I want to to have sex with you, hopefully relieve you of your virginity, and impregnate you without benefit of marriage, because I am committed to you and I love you. By the way, Empress, I am NOT willing to put any of this in writing. I am NOT willing to make it official. I know putting it in writing would not hurt anything, I just do not want to do that. I know it would do much to comfort and encourage you regarding my intentions for you, but I simply WILL NOT put it in writing, because I FEEL IT WOULD NOT ACCOMPLISH ANYTHJING!"

Which one of you men would want that kind of man for your daughter?

Messenger: burningbush Sent: 8/3/2012 5:54:46 PM

I respect your views, but hold on to ma view still.

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/3/2012 6:26:17 PM

I suppose this means you do not have any daughters in your life at present?

Perhaps one day if you should have a female child of you own, you just might reconsider your stance.

In the meantime, you are correct, I stand firmly behind my opinions as I believe my opinions promote true love, true building, true commitment, real trust. That is the kind of man I pray that Jah will send to me. That is the kind of man that I trust will teach his daughters what they deserve and should expect from a partner.

And I pray to Jah that if I ever have a daughter, she will meet a man who has the values I have outlined so that when he refers to her as "Empress," it's not just a word he throws around, but he comes prepared to back it up by treating her with the honor and respect an empress deserves and not treat her as a plaything to be used and discarded.

That is the way you come across to me--as a man out to use and discard; an attitude that is all too common among black men of Babylon. Hopefully this attitude is not shared by majority of rasta men.

I am grateful for the example HIM set with Empress Menen Ran, as I do believe they were married, and he put it in writing for the whole world to see and know. I never seen anything suggesting otherwise.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 65

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I