Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4748&start_row=31

PREMARRITAL SEX

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 65
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Formulus Sent: 8/7/2012 7:56:38 PM

Chica, by quoting Soe, with his statement of to each his own, is wha ti was trying to get across at the end, and for myself, never said i would'nt sign the paper, but then again maybe i won't, and it's not necessarily that the paper is bad, but the fervor with which you defend your stance, the importance you put behind this piece of paper, all intents and purposes behind marriage are typically good, lest you have an unrighteous man, and as to why i asked about insecurity, again, never said i wouldn't marry a woman, or give her the paper, it's more just your borderline materialistic obsession over this paper, it baffles me, i understand being raised "old school," and as much as i agree, Jah is all time, not ancient, future or otherwise, changes of the times take a toll, and things change,.

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/8/2012 8:32:58 AM

Formulus when the I finds the womban he is searching for one of two things will occur

1. The I will willingly sign the paper as a declaration of the I love without being asked to make the wombman happy

2. the I will find a wombman that does not care about the contract part and probably won't even bring it up

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 8/8/2012 9:20:37 AM

Blessed love to all Ones and Ones in the Reasoning. Give thanks for the upfull Itributions

This is something that has been very prominant in I mind recently, especially the Reasoning brought forward by Sister Chica about men meeting the wombmans' standards.
Trodding through babylon I've seen plenty of examples of wombmen and even little girls with terribly low standards. I and I could never be in that kind of folly, because the destruction it causes is plain to see. The culture around the female in babylon destroys the self-esteem and degrades the Empress in so many ways that it makes I weep sometimes.
Rasta Wombmen have to hold a higher standard, and I've been blessed recently to be moving around a few young Sisters who are trodding out of that babylonian lifestyle as well as many older Empresses who have been holding that standard for years and truly I and I have to bring that forward to the younger generation. I and I daughters must know to carry themselves with dignity and hold their self-esteem so that they don't fall into the trap. I and I sons have to know respect for wombmen and have good dicipline over themselves so they don't bow for the easy girls.
To fulfill that, I and I need as solid family foundation as can be achieved, so I would say that marriage is essential, whether or not Ones and Ones have the paper to prove it because truly it is a sacred and personal agreement between a man and a wombman sealed by becoming One flesh and bringing new life.

Blessed love

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/8/2012 12:23:23 PM

Nazarite I, thank you for the maturity with which you reason. Thank you for not accusing others of being insecure. I find usually when one uses this attack, it is because the accuser is the real insecure one. Forumulus, this would mean you. Very nasty of you to attack and accuse. Very immature as well. Your own insecurity comes through loudly and clearly. Please note, there is a difference between attacking and reasoning.

As previously stated, I do not wish to align myself with anyone who I would have to convince that I am worth that piece of paper. I know in my heart that my life partner will provide that without force or provocation because he is mature enough to realize the marriage contract identifies a serious commitment. He will come to the table and approach this I with that knowledge in hand.

I still believe when we put things in writing, it shows we are about the business of being serious.

I still say thank you to HIM for the example he provided with his own empress.

To my sistren reading this thread, be careful of the partner who refuses to respect. If respect is not important to you, so be it. Take the time to get to know any potential partner. He will reveal his intentions over time.

I would further suggest there is nothing wrong with your life partner showing the whole world and every man and woman in the world that you are his partner and committing to it in writing. Just look to the example set by HIM.

If your partner does not offer you this commitment freely and voluntarily, he is telling you somethning. I believe it is wrong for you to demand this of anyone. You cannot demand anyone to pledge a commitment. It is either forthcoming, or not forthcoming. Please pay attention. The welfare of your future seeds could depend upon it.

One love...

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/8/2012 12:58:34 PM

InI is just saying that if a man come from say a background in Ifrica as a tribes man for example he would not overstand why the I needs this government paper document. Unless the I would just want a man to put a signature on a paper the I wrote up the Iself. Other men would say to go to a Babylon courthouse and get Babylon paper work would poison the marriage.

A ring InI can overstand because it communicates to others that the I belong to someone else. A certificate is just a document for Babylon to recognize marriage. In a way it is preparing the I for a divorce which is another piece of paper.

InI is actually married and InI is telling the I that that paper can poison the marriage. When tough times come the I will then look at the marriage as a piece of paper and think about all the "stuff" and possessions the I might win or loose instead of seeing what the marriage really is/was.

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/8/2012 12:58:52 PM

And yet, HIM is African and HIM provided his empress with that security. Seems no one can get around that huh?

Blessed be to HIM for his shining example which cannot be refuted.

A ring can be put on and taken off at will. Many men use this as a trick to convince unsuspecting women that they are not married, are free and available, thus providing the man with the opportunity to take up with them and ruine their lives. I am sure you are aware of this, yes? The ring you speak of is not a binding contract.

I also agree with the two points you just previously posted, addressing this issue with Formulus. I agree with you on both points, 100 percent.

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/8/2012 3:07:52 PM

And by the way, if a paper has no meaning, how can it poison anything?

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/8/2012 4:08:37 PM

Soe wrote: "When tough times come the I will then look at the marriage as a piece of paper and think about all the "stuff" and possessions the I might win or loose instead of seeing what the marriage really is/was."

In the USA, the standard marriage contract makes absolutely no mention of material wealth. Rather it asks these type of questions: Do you promise to love honor and forsaking all others, cling yourself to your partner, in sickness and in health till death do you part?"
To these questions, the standard answer by the parties is, "I do."

However, there is another contract that is quite often demanded by the men of Babylon. This contract is referred to as a "prenuptial agreement." A womyn must agree to this contract before she ever goes through with a marriage ceremony. In it, the man outlines what is his, what is hers, what she can expect to receive from him should the marriage dissolve. It is very specific as to its terms.

This contract is usually demanded by men of wealth. It seems they want to make sure if the marriage dissolves, they walk away with their wealth and it is not left with the womyn they are divorcing.

In the case of poor men of Babylon, there was a time when they hardly ever insisted on a prenuptial agreement and took the stance that: What is yours is mine and what is mine is yours. Since they were poor, the "what is yours is mine" they speak of is "nothing,"
as they are poor and bring no financial wealth to the union.

Then some gentleman realized it really was better to prepare a prenup even if you are a poor man. That way, you can be sure to walk away with some of your wife's wealth because you outline that in the contract.

The marriage contract refers to love and protection, securities that each partner should expect from the other; i.e. don't abandon them because of sickness, put them before all others.

The prenup refers to wealth, how you plan to keep it. It must be signed off by both parties. And as you say, Soe, people do get bogged down in wondering about how a divorce will affect their wealth. But please note, this is most often the man who is demanding this contract, not the womyn.

Why? Because it is most often the man who has the wealth and it is certainly his intention to hold onto his wealth no matter what.

If a womyn marries a man of wealth, should she refuse to sign a prenup, considering all the possessions she might win or lose should a divorce occur?

If a womyn marries a man of no wealth, should she refuse to sign a prenup, considering all the possessions the man might win should a divorce occur?

This prenup arrangement is completely different from a marriage contract.

I wonder, did HIM prepare a prenup for HIM's empress?

The contraact that I have been referring to during all these many entries is not the prenuptial agreement.

I have been referring to the marriage contract.

Please note the differences.
One love...

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/8/2012 4:16:34 PM

Yes sistren a ring may be taken on or off so if the man take the ring off with ill intent then the paper don't stop him anyway. At least he might think twice as he removes his ring.

A paper is a false form of security because a man with bad intentions don't care about a paper and won't care. A man don't work like a wombman and think that him has "signed" a contract so it means something. The relationship with Jah and the wombman is the contract zeen? If the I feels that she can trust likkle more because of the paper then the I is deceived and shouldn't marry him. InI know plenty of wombmen who thought their husband would be "more faithful" once them sign that paper and was very disappointed to know him don't change.

Before InI "married" I Empress InI sight we was already married and the paper was just for her military benefits and other miscellaneous Babylon business.

InI sight it as a poison because it objectifies the marriage as that paper and one only need get some more paper to divorce. The man should conduct himself like he is married before you become One Flesh. The I should never sight the paper as something that brings you together because paper can rip easy.

InI wouldn't go out to a battle field with a paper protecting InI but Jah and Jah only because Jah is bulletproof. (figuratively speaking InI won't ever fight in no Babylon war foolishness)

Love and blessings unto the I

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/8/2012 6:09:40 PM

Soe said: "Yes sistren a ring may be taken on or off so if the man take the ring off with ill intent then the paper don't stop him anyway. At least he might think twice as he removes his ring."

So that makes the ring as false as the paper. So what is your point? A paper is no more false than a ring. A paper is no more false than a marriage ceremony. A paper is no more false than the man who presents it. He will always know whether his intentions are true or false, and will proceed accordingly.

The I believes that the right partner for her will know how to approach her with love, honor and dignity, just as I am sure HIM approached his empress.

A few have tried to explain what HIM meant/inferred by signing a marriage contract with his empress. But they have not been in HIM'S mind, so how can they be qualified to say what HIM's intentions were? Actions speak louder than words. We must look at the actions of HIM. As a man does, as a man is.

The truth is in the heart. If the heart is right, it will lead to a righteous path of peace, love and harmony.

If the heart is not right, no matter how many rings you wear, how many declarations of love you receive, how many pieces of paper you own, a lie remains a lie. On this point I do agree with you, Brother Soe.

Sisten, don't expect a man to understand the shame one feels at presenting a bastard child to their family. Even though the family will show the child love, the stigma will still be there, even after all these years.

Don't expect a man to understand the look in your parents' eyes (especially your father) to realize you are shacking up without benefit of marriage.

First we are told the paper has no value, means nothing. Yet, over a thing that means nothing and has no value, what would it cost to provide that to a life partner? Ask yourselves that question, then decide if you are worth a written commitment or not. Establish a standard of respect for yourselves and stick to it. It will serve you well.

Don't expect a man to understand these things... until he becomes a loving, caring father to a daughter who requires his guidance in developing the standards of respect she will set for herself.

So, my sistren, I beseech you, take the time to know the man. As he acts is as he is. Develop standards for your life and try to choose someone who has these same or very similar standards so that you might be evenly yoked. I cannot stress this enough.

When you know what your standards are, you will not waste time on someone who does not share those standards. Does not mean he's a bad man. It simply means he is not the one for you.

If he is the one for you, he will understand the standard and I do believe you will never have to require a marriage contract. He will offer it willingly, lovingly, protectively. He will not have to be forced to offer this, because you are evenly yoked. He knows the value of what he is offering you -- the spiritual value of feeling protected and safe, cared for and loved. Yes, these things are very good for a womyn's spirit.

This does not mean your husband will be perfect. It does not mean he will never falter. It means he is willing to strive for the same ideals as you, and that is a good thing. That is a very important thing when you are planning to build for a lifetime. With Jah's guidance, you will choosse wisely, and so will your mate.

What I feel objectifies the marriage is the prenuptial agreement, because it is all about possessions, all about cash. And yes, that is always poisonous to any relationship when people love money/possessions. The love of money is the root of all evil, so, yes, it is poisonous. In the USA, it is usually the man who demands this prenuptial contract. Interesting...

Soe, I don't relate marriage to a battle field and am not sure what you meant by the reference. Could you explain further?

One love...

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 65

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I