Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4748&start_row=41

PREMARRITAL SEX

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 65
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/8/2012 6:46:12 PM

In the US the possessions are automatically split in half in the case of a divorce. Then man is then usually left to not see his child and pay a wombman child support and in return only see his child on weekends and holidays. A "prenup" is an agreement that it won't be split in half but that the wombman and the man leave the relationship with the same things they had to begin with.

Chica: "the spiritual value of feeling protected and safe, cared for and loved. Yes, these things are very good for a womyn's spirit."

"Sisten, don't expect a man to understand the shame one feels at presenting a bastard child to their family. Even though the family will show the child love, the stigma will still be there, even after all these years.

Don't expect a man to understand the look in your parents' eyes (especially your father) to realize you are shacking up without benefit of marriage."

If the I feels more spiritual value from a paper than one gets from the actual act of marriage (sex) then the I has objectified the marriage from start. SEX IS MARRIAGE. One must not place so little value on the act. When one commits to it then he/she is married forever one flesh. IT'S THAT SERIOUS. One must never become one flesh with some one and not have 100% of that faith and love to begin with. If the I can't feel 100% maximum secure without the paper the I should not even bother. That being said the standard of sex has been raised a bit huh? NEVER have sex with someone the I will not spend their lives with.

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/8/2012 7:05:21 PM

Problem with today societies is that they separate sex from marriage. Sex is marriage.

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/9/2012 2:05:42 PM

Greetings to you, Brother Soe.

I hope we get to have this discussion again once you begin to raise a daughter. Who knows, we just might!

I totally disagree with you that sex is marriage.

Posessionare ate not automatically split in half in the case of a divorce. If someone has been advising you of this, they are wrong. Father is not automatically relegated to a weekend/holiday dad. That is something the parents work out. In Babylon, many fathers choose to relegate themselves to position of weekend/holiday dad. And guess what? They don't even show up on weekends and holidays!

If the I feels committing to an empress in writing is poisonous, no matter what reasoning we do, the I will still feel that way. Perhaps it is because of life experiences. We all come to the table with our life experiences.

Sex and love are two different things. Sex is a physical act. Love is a spiritual act. In the best of both worlds sex is included in the act of expressing love between two people who have chosen to commit one to the other.

That is in a perfect world. We do not live in a perfect world and so there are a myriad of variables that come into play.

For many moons now, people have been engaged in sex as a casual experience. For example: You take me to dinner. you expect sex. If I do not deliver, I am something negative, beginning with a "B." You KNOW this is what happens. I will not try to convince you that this is true. The sistren who read this thread will know exactly what I am speaking of, as well. And that is but one example. We are living in a time when men objectify womyn as no more than sex objects on a daily basis, as a matter of course. Sistren, beware.

A commitment is only as good as the person offering it. Jah knows the heart of all womyn and all men. I would encourage all my sistren and bredren to look to Jah for guidance on this issue as well as all other issues while building and maintaining a family.

Jah's wisdom is unrefutable. Ask Jah to lead and guide you, and he will. Ask Jah to set the standards by which you live. Refer to his word which has been "committed to paper, in writing." After all, the church is Jah's bride, according to the Bible. And so He has provided these standards in writing.

Meditate on His word. Pray on His word. It will be a true and positive guiding force in your life.

Brother Soe, we may never agree on the importance of committing a sacred bond such as marriage to writing and that is OK by me. You are still my brother in Jah and I do love you and wish only the best for you and yours. I still believe your empress has been blessed with a special tresure from Jah when Jah blessed her with you. I enjoy reasoning with you.

As for me, I am holding out for the one Jah will send to me. I know when he comes, he will step to me correctly. Jah has promised me this and I believe Jah. I am encouraged by the closing words of David in Psalm 27:

Wait on Jah, be of good courage and he shall strengthen thine heart. Wait, I say, on Jah.

And so I wait on Jah. My heart is strengthened every day. My standards of respect are right for me as a much loved and blessed daughter of Jah. I will hold to those standards as closely as is humanly possible. I will wait on Jah.

I will forever praise HIM and thank HIM for the unrefutable standard he has set.

One love...

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/9/2012 8:00:14 PM

When InI says "sex is marriage" InI is meaning this as both a concept and an act. A man or wombman should NEVER have sex without the intentions of being together forever because the two must raise a child together and guide the child for the remainder of his or her lives (which usually is until the parents pass away). InI does not like the Babylon concept that "marriage" is more important than sex. If the I has seen a written contract does not have any precedence in keeping two people from divorce. Furthermore it has lead to the concept that one may have sex with multiple partners and nothing is to come of it and it's okay to have sex when a person is "single" or at least not married. This is adultery, Jah gave humans the gift of sex to be shared with one life partner and for good reason. Jah gift of sex is the gift of love. The orgasm is a taste of pure love when a man ejaculates semen into a womban creating a child. Man was born of this feeling of love by Jah. Jah gives us this act so that we may also create life thru love. The act of sex has now been perverted to be something for pure recreation. Casual. Jah did not create us for recreation or just casually so we must not pervert the act. It is serious life changing thing.

The Ible says what Jah brings together no man shall separate!! It also says Jah hates divorce. The body is the temple of Jah and sex is the act of becoming one flesh, would you bring the temple of Jah together with a prostitute?

InI doesn't like the "concept" of a paper document because what reasoning it creates. When InI tells I daughter about sex InI will teach her that it is equivalent to "marriage" and that people who are having sex with everyone are not doing what Jah wants and their lives will reflect it if they don't change their ways. Sex is meant to be a life bond. Two becoming one flesh.

InI will not claim to be perfect. InI has sinned against my own body being promiscuous with more wombmen that InI care to mention. Now that InI is having a daughter InI knows the value of sex and that it is and Iternal bond. Sex is a great act of love this is why Yeshua says the ekklesia or "assembly" two parts becoming one (wrongly translated for "church") is his bride. Yeshua is the head and the assembly is the body.

A paper contract is fine but it is the act of sex that makes the I "married". Paper document is for man and the act of sex is the document or covenant to Jah. Two people may become "married" in a legal sense but they are not one flesh under Jah.

Think of the inverse, if two people get "married" but never have sex Jah does not recognize the "marriage". They never "made love" so they cannot make life.

Considering the splitting of possessions InI can attest to this because InI almost went through with it. It is not exactly "in half" depending on the circumstances and the state. Some states do have 50/50 spits. 50% possessions and 50% of debt.

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/10/2012 6:12:51 PM

Brother Soe:

You and I will forever disagree on this issue. I believe it is wiser for me to simply agree to disagree. However, I do stand firmly behind all my reasonings on this matter as I do believe they are sound. No need to continue repeating them.

I pray Jah's richest blessings for you, your empress and your children both now and always. One love...

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/10/2012 6:47:26 PM

Respects unto the I chica.

This reasoning was very fruitful as everyone that makes InI search scripture. Stay strong chica and the I will find a virtuous kingman who will love the I unbudgingly.

Blessings upon the I!

Love.

Messenger: mirrigingi INC Sent: 8/11/2012 1:18:45 AM

to all things theres a code,love . to know love,rasjesus is truth ,
the tri is wholy,pyramid,peak top/pinicle,temple,. the body is a temple,the body is sacred,coming together in one love is the tru foreplay of giving as one does to his neighbour so he does to himh self,spiritualy,phisicaly,mentally, babylon love programme must stop.
its better to give than revieve, satisfaction than gratifacation or taking/raping of ones partner is how he sees ones self,

if the partner is letting one take advantage of oneself,they become sub again.
the temple is precous the knocking on the door of self,speakingtruth in love,the two pillars are the gates,stirrrit up
be wholy/cleen to enter the temple,sometimes is just goood to be in the presence of love than te act, i ni can now enter the temple with a touch of a finger to recieve a cup of wine

marrige is onelove inits purist
peace

Messenger: Formulus Sent: 8/13/2012 4:36:52 PM

Chica, the only thing I have to say to you is that you need to read a little bit more carefully what it was I said,

" and i apologize if any offense is taken at this, but it almost sounds like you have some level of insecurity behind all this,"

I did not accuse you of insecurity, I merely said that is what it looks like, and apologies if I was wrong, but it makes you no better to turn around and accuse me of insecurities for not understanding what I was trying to say. Again, wasn't accusing you of anything, I directly stated it was a shot in the dark.

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 8/14/2012 9:05:35 AM

Blessed love to all Ones and Ones in the Reasoning.
Allow I to introduce a new perpective...

These past few days, I've been busy meeting all sorts of people at a reggae event, and because this event is in babylon still, and even run in many ways by babylon, I've been trodding among plenty of this oversexualised babylon culture and peoples and Reasoning with the Righteous people who trod in there among the folly. There are a few interactions I had that I think will Itribute to the development of this Reasoning.

The first was when a dread came up to I and started to talk to I. He started talking to I about women, and I knew from that second that the man was a dread, and no Ras. He had just seen I speaking to a very beautiful and dignified young wombman and came over to comment how I hadn't pressed the advantage so to speak and tried to get intimately involved with the wombman. He tried to offer advice on picking up girls, saying things like "you have to **** the girls" and getting vexed when I told him that I wasn't the kind of man who slept with girls I had just met that day, no matter how beautiful and charming they are. He was clearly a man ruled by lust, because by his own admission, he said he feels off balance if he doesn't get sexual satisfaction, and he goes and seeks it out when that happens. That he speaks with such crudeness about it to a complete stranger shows that he doesn't really have respect for the wombman in those relationships, and I wouldn't be surprised if he'd never spoken to a lot of them again. I and I know that through the example of His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I and Her Majesty Empress Menen I that this could never be the right way to approach relationships.

Truly I give thanks for that example, because without it, the next example could have easily been I downfall. I've mentioned before on this Reasoning forum that through RastafarI, I've been trodding the lonely road when it comes to wombmen, and no man can say truthfully that lust never enters their mind. So later that same day after the dread approached I, when I was dancing to some Roots music I noticed another very beautiful but not so dignified young wombman looking at I. I was in a Righteous space within Iself so I met her eyes and nodded in respect as I would to anyone who meets I eyes. I got back to I dancing and started to build a spliff, but as I was breaking up the herb, I noticed the girl looking at I still and dancing closer and suddenly it dawned on I what she must be thinking. Her being at a reggae festival and being who she is, she must find I as a Rastaman very attractive and took I respectful nod as a green light to make her move. She danced closer until she was dancing very close and in I mind, I was aware that there was a choice laid out before I. The conversation with the dread earlier was fresh in I mind and I realised that I could, if I so chose, use I Rasta appearance and knowledge and sleep with this very beautiful wombman that very night and give Iself that satisfaction I don't deny that I sometimes crave. But although that choice was there, I couldn't make it because I Livity is to follow the example of the King and Queen of Iration. So I had to turn Iself away from the girl as she tried to dance up against I and concentrate very intently on I spliff, because I know what she was looking for from I, and to enter into a relationship, even one of just dancing, on those grounds is contrary to I Livity. Even if I had tried to exlain to her as we danced to loud music that I wasn't in it for sex, she probably was, and one thing could easily have led to another. I could see her slowing down her dancing and looking very confused out of the corner of I eye as I rolled I spliff and resisted her advance, and after a little while she walked off looking slighty annoyed. Because she was beautiful and dressed in a way that showed off and sexualised her body, she didn't overstand why or even how I could turn her down. She was probably so used to men bowing to her that she didn't know how to react when I turned her away.

The next day, I ran into the very beautiful and dignified young wombman from the day before, who moved with a long skirt and wrapped her head. I and I had actually met before that when I had convinced a very determined man to stop making advances towards her and I RastafarI sister at a soundsystem session, but this was the first time I and I had sat down and Reasoned together in depth. Among other things I and I spoke about her daughter, who she is raising alone through circumstances that I and I didn't Reason on. She was concerned about raising her daughter to hold good values and dignity when childrens' minds are like sponges and she is immersed in the world of school and media when she is not at home. I and I Reasoned in depth on the corruption of the female childrens' minds through the influence of TV and magazine culture and how the school system does nothing to counter such negative influences. I brought up the example of the not so dignified wombman from the night before to illustrate the point that raising girls in this babylonian culture makes them rely solely on sex for self-validation. If they don't conform to the highly publicised and promoted appearances and behaviours, girls become targets of oppression, so I and I Reasoned how to instill the younger generation with a strong sense of self worth and validation that isn't tied to lust and sex, because the destruction and pain it causes is devastating. Although I and I never Reasoned on it, I could feel all the time I was Reasoning with this sister that she was pained by the abandonment she was put through by the father of her daughter, and by her own admission she hasn't always been the dignified Empress I know. The responsibility of having to raise her daughter is what forced her to face reality and develop herself outside of the box babylon put her in. What I and I have to do is learn how to apply those hard learned lessons into lessons for the younger generation so they can build on a solid foundation. Youths shouldn't have to make all the same mistakes as their parents. Everyone makes their own mistakes and learns from them, but one generation shouldn't be making the same or worst mistakes than the last.

After that, this Empress and I started to move together and by the time I was leaving, someone I was driving home with commented how they'd seen I moving close with her all weekend. They insinuated that I and I must have slept together and I rebuked them, saying that however beautiful she was and however well I and I had connected, I had only met her recently and I had deep Raspect for her so I wouldn't have tried to make a sexual connection yet, even if I wanted to and am planning on meeting her again to meet her daughter and Reason more. Clearly they weren't expecting that response, but they were pleasantly surprised that such words could come out of the mouth of a young man in this day and age. On the way home, we were Reasoning around family through the issue of homosexuality, and I was trying to explain to this person that the family trinity of Man, Wombman and Child is a sacred thing to I and I and to change it is to disrespect life and choose death. That Reasoning ended there, but homosexuality is not the only thing that affects that family unit. Even the dread who approached I will get burned through his own irresponsibility with wombmen, and it will eventually bring about his destruction, because I've seen the kind of men rent-a-dreads turn into, and its not a Livity to envy.
If I and I want to avoid that same folly then I and I have to foster a strong family. Whether a paper marriage certificate is part of that is up for Ones and Ones to decide for themselves, but the true connection goes beyond paper and if I and I mix up in the same folly as babylon in letting sex and lust rule over I and I actions then how can I and I call I and Iselves sons and daughters of the Most High?
As I said earlier, it brought the Empress great pain to be raising her daughter alone without the balance of a man, so men, don't let the little head do the thinking that should rightly be done in your brain. And for the young Empresses I have a little bit of flowetry to remind them to make the boys live up to their standards:

Girls, remember modesty
Don't forget your dignity
Babylon will try to rob it, so hold it high for all the world to see
Never bow to pressure, keep your trod away from vanity
Men will lust and try but always hold on to your sanity
Hold the natural orders and don't mix up in calamity
Because babylon will say you need to sell your sexuality

Blessed love

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 8/14/2012 10:16:22 AM

Yes I Nazarite I,

The heathen don't praise Jah in their dance. All they want is sex and vanity.

------------------------------------

The heathens say Don't praise Jah in their dens
All they want is sex and vanity
The heathens say Don't praise Jah in their dens
All they want is sex and vanity

You give them evil remedy
That's all you want them see
And I know you give them nudity, violence and sodomy
In dancehall Babylon, in dancehall Babylon

I tell you,

[chorus]

So give them immorality