Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4748&start_row=21

PREMARRITAL SEX

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 65
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/7/2012 1:15:08 PM

It is not about Incient times because Jah is all the time.

InI sight it like this ..for each his or her own.. if the two of the I don't sight the need for the paper don't get it. The I have to answer to Jah either way and that judgment is fiyah enough if the I does wrong.

Emperor would need this paperwork because of a lot of legal political Royal things.

But if the I womban feel that she need a piece of paper then the I must grant her this as an act of love. InI does not know why womben work this way but InI knows I must show love and if she feel loved from that then InI is happy. The I has plenty bigger fish to escovich zeen?

Like flowers? Wah gwann wid dat?
InI don't know but InI knows that when I give my Empress some plants she happy n smile n gwann like InI pluck the stars from the sky. Good fi me!! Lol
Then she cook a good food and gwann bout happy all day and then InI is happy.

We must sacrifice our selves and selfish desires to love our wombmen and when InI ask something of her she is happy to oblige and show InI the respects as a Lion.

Yeshua says the church(ekklesia) (us) is his bride. Yesuah both showed amazing kindness and love to us and at the same time guide us Haile Selassie I too. This is true conduct befitting a King.

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/7/2012 2:13:54 PM

Thank you so much for that honest and loving response.

I hold to my way of thinking as previously outlined and I remain thankful of the example set by HIM towards his empress.

Also, marriage contracts is nothing new. They did exist even in ancient times.

One love...

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/7/2012 3:07:07 PM

Yes Istren but the I must also remember that the I must also be giving of the Iself as well and if the Kingman does not like paper contract the I must respect this and ask no more. Always strive to be more giving and more loving of eachother because the I belongs to him just as he belongs to the I.

The I must give and never expect back. Depart from the I's earthly desires in service to Jah. This is the hardest part about KEEPING a marriage. A marriage must always be built on Jah foundation.

The paper carries no significance. It is the covenant between two people formed under Jah. Paper can be destroyed and marriage still stand just as strong. The I kingman SHOULD do this to make the I happier but the I SHOULDN'T be "needing" of it against his will.

The I needs always be in service of the I kingmans desires (aslong as Jah approve) and he shall be of service to the I. If one stops giving this service the other should never stop but then be of MORE service.

Ephesians 5:24
But as the church (All people of Jah) submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

Marriage is not a joke ting. Jah takes it very seriously.

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/7/2012 4:16:02 PM

I stand by all my previous reasonings. I thank Jah for the example set by HIM.

I still believe and will die believing that if a man really and truly cares for a womyn, he will find no hesitation in confirming it in writing, especially if it brings a sense of peace to her. I still try to imagine a brother approaching an empress and saying:

I am totally committed to you. I love you. I want to relieve you of your virginity, because I want to have a child with you so it is not a sin, it is not for lustful reasons. And by the way, I will not commit to you in writing because it is not necessary. I want you to share something so precious and dear to you that you can only give away once. But if you need this love of mine to be confirmed in writing, that is not gonig to happen.

If an empress would consult her own father about this kind of offer, I do not believe there is a rasta man alive who loves his daughter who would consult for her to enter into such an arrangement.

I personally have no problem with being loving and giving and I would hope when I do encounter my life partner, he will have no problem in committing to me in writing. After all it is such a small thing, yes? This way, the whole world will know that the I belongs to me and I belong to him. This idea of a contract is ancient. It is nothing new. It has stood the test of time, because it does hold value. That is what I believe. Again, I thank HIM for his example.

Wives should submit to their husbands. This is an easy thing to do when the husband is an honorable man. By committing in writing increases one's understanding of how strongly he feels about his wife. A written commitment says: Yes, this is real. Yes, here is the proof. You are my wife and I am your husband. I want to offer you something more than just shacking up with you. I want to offer you something more than bastard babies. And so I want to make you my wife and I am willing to put it in writing. I want your family to know and my family to know that we intend for this to be everlasting. Even if it does not last forever, I am willing to approach it as if it will last forever.

I do believe there are empresses living with partners without the benefit of a written commitment. I also believe if their partners would offer them such a commitment, they would be accepting of it. I believe it is usually the man who insists the written contract is not important. I believe it is the man who will suggest a written contract is materialistic; that it is a way of making worldly demands. I believe that is a lie from hell and I pray that every empress recognizes that for what it really is.

Again, all praise be to HIM for setting the right example by putting his commitment to his empress in writing. Being all-wise, HIM knows the value of doing so.

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/7/2012 4:36:00 PM

While speaking to a group of young African-American youth, I am reminded of what Leonard Pitts, who was a journalist for the Miami Herald had to say about standards.

He reminded the young ladies that: Womyn set the standard. If you set the standard at your ankles, I can slide right over it; nothing to aspire to. If you set the standard at your knee, I can step over it, which requires more effort than setting it at your ankle. If you set the standard at your waist, I will have to work really hard to meet that standard. Wherever you set the standard, that is where I will meet you and I will treat you accordingly.

Sistren, I believe if we set a standard requiring respect, our men will meet that standard. If we set a standard limiting respect, our men will also meet that standard. At the end of the day, a marriage contract is an indication of respect.

What standard will you set?

One Love

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/7/2012 4:55:05 PM

This is true in the mind that a wombman have respect for herself as a child of Jah and this will shine thru and attract a honorable man of Jah who knows her true value...A wombman must not try to control her husband but instead pick a honorable man of Jah that will love her and treat her like a true daughter of Jah..

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/7/2012 5:11:11 PM

InI sights that the I should seek a man whom truely acts as if him is under written contract before the I consecrate marriage. InI sight what the I is talking about especially in this day and age but the I should be seeking that "old school" virtue in a man that man that make the I feel it is true just out of emotion. That is the man that will give the I her paper contract.

InI is just saying that the I will not need ask once he will want to because Jah make him for the I.

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/7/2012 5:28:09 PM

Soe:

I agree with you 100 percent. If Jah has made the man for me, there is no question about it, he will provide the contract, and I should never have to ask for the contract.

And you are correct, the idea of consecrating the marriage after actually getting married is an old school ideal. That is the ideal I was raised to expect by my old school father, and it rings true to me even today.

Messenger: warrior sphinx Sent: 8/7/2012 5:47:42 PM

Greetings,
it is right that the one should look to H.I.M. for guidance in this respect , however know still that he did not take a virgin to be his bride...hence it is not the virginity that is valued , it is the substance and strength of a one. from an ancient perspective and in reality sexual intercourse is an exchange in energy so u become "married " to the one you share this with...hence the symbol of ring on finger. what is a bastard... a warped European concept used to further degrade and separate man-kind. burn it out. any child is a gift from the MOST HIGH regardless of circumstance, it is up to the parents to make the most of the gift. Sistren, i am not telling you to let go of your ideals ..however i am encouraging you to choose wisely who you submit to and for what reasons. you have already chosen him from your own heightened awareness and as the dread said to you..if you are seeing , you will know the one who is capable of committing to you in the way it matters most to you ....guidance on your journey to bliss.

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/7/2012 5:58:04 PM

Chica if the I doesn't mind InI asking how old is the I and does The I live in Miami?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 65

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I