Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4748&start_row=11

PREMARRITAL SEX

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 65
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: burningbush Sent: 8/3/2012 6:51:50 PM

If you want itt in writing, I put it in writing. I never said I would not put it in writing, I said doesn't accomplish anything
You from America?

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/3/2012 6:56:23 PM

Why do you ask?

My spirit tells me that you are from America!

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/3/2012 7:32:22 PM

... but it's not common for Americans to use the word, "vexed." That is an island word. Perhaps your family is from one of the Caribbean or West Indies islands?

Messenger: Formulus Sent: 8/6/2012 4:50:24 AM

Ok, so, I'm from America, 100% pure bred Texan, since everyone now wants to ask where people are from, and in my opinion:
True love for another person means 100% total and complete trust in them, if you love Jah, or God, or whomever, and you have the firm belief that He is there, and that He loves you, and you love him, and you have complete faith in him. If you say that you love someone, then honestly you should be able to say you have complete trust in them, and faith in them. A piece of paper should mean absolutely nothing.
And if security is what you're worried about.....it's called a joint-checking account....haha, that was supposed to be a joke, i didn't really have a response for security, i just like to try and make people laugh :)

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/6/2012 9:04:53 AM

And if you have that much trust, as you say, that piece of paper that means NOTHING should be very easy for you to hand over anyhow. I still say I am thankful for the example set by HIM in honoring his empress to the fullest.

I KNOW a piece of paper cannot make you love, respect, honor or remain faithful. But if these things are your intention, then like you say, the paper should not matter. So it should be very easy to put it in writing because you KNOW your heart is already there, yes?

On the other hand, if you are wavering/vacillating, that also comes through loud and clear. Seen?

Messenger: Formulus Sent: 8/6/2012 9:12:02 PM

Yes, and so i guess the other side to my point, you've said why it is you need that piece of paper, but honestly, and i apologize if any offense is taken at this, but it almost sounds like you have some level of insecurity behind all this, like that piece of paper is everything, post after post what it comes down to, is you, and by you i making more of a generality directed towards yourself and any others who may feel this way, but you need that piece of paper as proof of everything, as if words are not enough. Being born and raised in Texas, one of the biggest things i learned since i was knee high to a grasshopper was that a man's word is everything. And as a man if you break your word, if you become an untrustworthy individual, then you are no longer seen as man, but more along the lines of a child, or worse depending on your own personal views. If you trust and love someone, their word should be enough, and in the same respect, if someone loves you and trusts you then when you give them your word, they should be able to trust you, IOU's are for someone you don't trust, but when my best friend tells me he'll pay me back, i don't ask him to write it and sign it, i give him a handshake and tell him i'm not too worried because i know he will, seen?

p.s. past all that, marriage is an institution which is respected by some, and seen as blasphemy by others, at the end of the day i feel like it's all about what you want, but if my shot earlier was anywhere close, then let go of the past, if your eyes are still clouded with views from the past, then how can you truly seen the sun rise on a new day?

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/6/2012 10:06:51 PM

Bibically speaking there is no such thing as "pre-marital" sex. There is sex and once buddy push in...then unuh married lol

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/7/2012 9:57:50 AM

As SOERASTA02 said,

In ancient times, when a man and woman had sex, they were married by that act.

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/7/2012 12:17:40 PM

That is interesting. Please note, we are no longer in ancient times. I remain grateful that HIM set the standard for present day by putting his commitment to his empress in writing.

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/7/2012 12:22:23 PM

Formulus, I will stand by my previous responses, and remain grateful for the standard that HIM set for his empress.

After you say all this stuff, about my needing this piece of paper because of insecurity, I must ask you: Do you refuse the piece of paper because of your insecurity?

I still believe that when a man truly loves a womyn, this simple act of committing in writing will be forthcoming without force, but out of love for her, concern for her, respect for her.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 65

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I