Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=143&start_row=51

wearing dread locks

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 5/4/2010 5:56:19 PM

I didn't know that about aloe and scrunchy needle. I have just been using Dr. Bronners herbal soap.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/4/2010 11:56:43 PM

Care should be taken to properly rinse if aloe or scrunchy needle is used, otherwise it will build up in your locks, and once locks are well formed, it is not really needed.

Messenger: Ras congo Sent: 8/26/2012 9:40:06 AM

I love this article

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 3/15/2013 7:16:05 AM

Growing dreadlocks is not that easy in this ya Babylon shitstem,dat is the time when Jah see the strong in faith and the weak.When Iman started growing I natty dreadlocks,I lost almost everything,family,friends,reputation,academic opportunities and even I Empress deserted I.It is a time when more trials and crosses come your way but I think its a phase and stage in life that only the strong survive.Whilst I locks where growing,I was supposed to be on industrial attachment and I couldn't get one,I searched for almost a year without bearing any fruit,dat is when the fire started in I family dat I locks were the cause of I problems,thanks to H.I.M for the strength to carry on,I never thought of cutting them,I stood firm and it came to pass that Jah blessed I,Iman on attachment now with I locks pon I head and only a few days ago,Iman reconciled with I Empress,so one haffi trust JAH with mind,heart and soul,JAH knows and feels our burdens,and Him knows it would be difficult for His chosen ones to grow locks inna Babylon but Him chooses the road for I still.Seek ye first the Kingdom of Selassie I and everything shall be added unto the I,grow your nattys long and shake babylon,let them know I&I life is sustained by Jah not them.Babylon knows where I&I strength comes from,so they want I&I to trim so as to get weak and get trapped inna dem net.All the good things will return to you if they are meant to be. GOOD OVER EVIL LIFE OVER DEATH LOCKS OVER BALDNESS

Messenger: NordMan Sent: 3/15/2013 8:00:31 AM

Yes I, I and I should always give thanks and praises unto HIM for the guidance and strength to stand firm and pass through tribulations.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 3/16/2013 2:41:10 PM

Rasta don't live in your hair. You don't need to have locks to be Rasta. You don't need a beard to be Rasta. You Don't need to smoke herb to be Rasta. You don't need to eat meat to be Rasta. You don't need to be ital to be Rasta. Rasta is not food.
You need Rasta to be Rasta. You need the Christ to be Rasta. You must have faith in the Christ to be Rasta.
Him that has the Christ is Rasta. A person who does not have the Christ is like a ship blown by the wind in any direction, and when the wind blows it to rocks, the ship brakes and sinks and looks as if it never existed. All is asked for I and I to be Rasta is to:
Believe in the FAITH of JES-US CHRIST to be RASTA.
HOLY IMMANEUL I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 3/16/2013 3:04:46 PM

Yes But I and I are not 'Rasta' but RasTafarI.
RasTafarI is the only way RasTafarI people can live

Blessed Love

Messenger: SAKI Sent: 3/18/2013 6:49:54 AM

greetings my idren , rastafari is rasta himself and he is god himself and long hair is not rasta but it is what is in the rastalogy my lord.this talks about rightousness and honesty ,love in the rasta livity.iNi lets be strong and live rasta life.
much thanks my lord.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 3/18/2013 3:28:31 PM

De hair is part of I. Let it stay nutural, let it flarish, let it stay uncombed n uncut. Let neither dye nor perm no chemical come to defile dis natural hair. Dis hair pon I head is de manifestation of I black pride. Dis hair pon I head is de crown of de most I Black power. Dis crown of I natural hair on I head dat I grow through persecution is I hola covenent to most I Black power. Yes I. Blessed natural livity.

Messenger: Bea Sent: 4/28/2013 6:03:14 AM

Dear Rastafaris,

I really like dreadlocks. They are very beautiful. I would really like to have some but I cannot live completely like a rastafari. I really want to change the world and fight against the poverty, oppression and inequality. I love reggae music. When I was 16 I was the first time in Africa and I think I let my heart there. So my question is: Would it offend you as a rastafari if one person who is not living the rastafari’s lifestyle completely would wear dreadlocks?

Lovely Regards from Spain :)

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I