Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=143&start_row=41

wearing dread locks

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/10/2004 7:27:49 PM

Greetings,

Concerning locks, everyone should do as they see fit. And if someone is comfortable with their decision and don't see it as wrong, then they shouldn't worry about what another thinks about their decision.

Everyone must know for themselves whether something should be corrected or is already correct.

I deal with many things and say many things that people don't agree with. When someone shows I their disagreement, if I see it as valid, and I feel that my view should be changed, then I will work to change it. But if they tell I their view and I still see that what I do or say it right to I, then it makes no difference what they say.

Almost all the people in the world might be in disagreement with certain things that I deal with. But as long as I sight it as right, then I will not change for the whole world.

Other people's views used to hurt I, or bother I. But when I came to know Iself, those things no longer have an effect. I change what I sight should be changed and I keep what I sight should be kept.

Jah is I light and I salvation, not man.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 1/10/2004 7:57:05 PM

good truth
same thing for me

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 1/10/2004 8:20:10 PM

Blessed Love Brethern and sistren...Rasta I-munity...I-dren of the ONE Haile I Selassie I Jah Rasta FAr I...King of Kings Lord of Lords....

TRUTH.....Iron sharpens Iron... NO FEAR Rastas about dis reasoning, INI cool....

I-tation this morning....site the entire text at the end of this post...INI always read the context fo the scriptures for the VIBES...ESSENTIAL TO REASONING.

Romans 2.25-29
25DREADLOCKS has value if you observe the law, but if you break the law, you have become as though you had not been DREADLOCKED.

26If those who are not DREADLOCKED keep the law's requirements, will they not be regarded as though they were DREADLOCKED?

27The one who is not DREADLOCKED physically and yet obeys the law will condemn you who, even though you have the[3] written code and DREADLOCKED, are a lawbreaker.

28A man is not a RASTA if he is only one outwardly, nor is DREADLOCKING merely outward and physical.

29No, a man is a RASTA if he is one inwardly; and DREADLOCKING is DREADLOCKING of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a man's praise is not from men, but from JAH.

LOVE ONES'''''INI all reasoning here...No mon be offended because no mon being attacked, ya site..

I accuse I and I am convicted by INI...SITE??? Living the life of Rasta Far I is freedom from looking for approval of anyone. I-dren reasoning knowledge that ones have it is up to the ones to KNOW self what is....ONENESS is the eseential livity...ONeness is not about any democratic voting of what is good for all -- so let the reasoning go on in LOVE...

Do what the I know is correct and right for the I because the i accuses and convicts self, ya check ? If man want to "attack" or offend Nefertiti, well that be the intention. Nefertiti listen and know self. Nefertiti not change to keep "peace" because Nefertiti don't take on that. TRUTH is the roots of JUSTICE and PEACE is the fruit, LOVE is the sunshine and the water. INI have peace and u,she,he, me they cannot take that away...Nefertiti don't defend the truth because the truth is bigga than all of u, he, she, me they.....

If Nefertiti wounded by what the I's say to I, well then nefertiti has some cleaning of nefertiti temple...and INI give thanks and priases for the TOUGH love of what some may call criticism...gwannnn...IT is all LOVE....anything else is pollution...

Nefertiti has enough of I own planks in I-eyes to be taking the I-dren's specks out of the I-eyes...
Give thanks and praises for Jah WORD ! ! !

ROMANS 2
1You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.

2Now we know that JAH's judgment against those who do such things is based on truth.

3So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God's judgment?

4Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?

5But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed.

6JAH "will give to each person according to what he has done."[1]

7To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.

8But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger.

9There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the RASTA, then for the BALDHEAD;

10but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the RASTA, then for the BALDHEAD.

11For God does not show favoritism.

12All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law.

13For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in JAH's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.

14(Indeed, when BALDHEAD, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law,

15since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.)

16This will take place on the day when JAH will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

The Jews and the Law

17Now you, if you call yourself a RASTA; if you rely on the law and brag about your relationship to JAH; 18if you know his will and approve of what is superior because you are instructed by the law; 19if you are convinced that you are a guide for the blind, a light for those who are in the dark, 20an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of infants, because you have in the law the embodiment of knowledge and truth-- 21you, then, who teach others, do you not teach yourself? You who preach against stealing, do you steal? 22You who say that people should not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples? 23You who brag about the law, do you dishonor JAH by breaking the law? 24As it is written: "JAH's name is blasphemed among the BALDHEADs because of you."[2]

25DREADLOCKS has value if you observe the law, but if you break the law, you have become as though you had not been circumcised. 26If those who are not DREADLOCKED keep the law's requirements, will they not be regarded as though they were DREADLOCKED? 27The one who is not DREADLOCKED physically and yet obeys the law will condemn you who, even though you have the[3] written code and DREADLOCKED, are a lawbreaker.

28A man is not a RASTA if he is only one outwardly, nor is DREADLOCKING merely outward and physical.

29No, a man is a RASTA if he is one inwardly; and DREADLOCKING is DREADLOCKING of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a man's praise is not from men, but from JAH.

Thanks and praises.....InI is for the GLORY OF JAH Rasta Far I....ANything else is boasting and vanity on man's behalf FIYAHHH

ONE LOVE ONE AIM ONE DESTINY

Messenger: the rock Sent: 1/10/2004 8:36:02 PM

Praise God for natural order takin place. Blessed it the Man or Woman who seeketh enlightment it will be trully be found. No vanity, wisdom, with four winds behind it. (period) Most Highest Praise in the name of light of the world, His Emperial Majesty, HaleluJaH, Haile Selassie I, the First.

Messenger: EmpressInde Sent: 1/12/2004 5:31:53 PM

Blessed love to all INI people.

I dreaded my hair in sept. but before that I had long comded hair. INI wear I natty now with prided because when I didnt have my locks other Ras never took the I serious. It didnt feel good not to fit in but when you know God it doesnt matter who takes you serious. As long as you know the faith you hair doesn't matter. Now that I have my locks I feel like I hold the power of JAH even if the shit-tem
try to pull you down just hold the faith and never cut your natty because your job doesn't like your hair keep your head wrapped if they have a problem then thats their problem. INI wear INI natty to show people that RastafarI will always be around and we symbolize the conquring Lion of the trible of Judah.AS a lioness I will never turn I back on FarI so always give thanks and praise to the almigthy JAH!!!

Messenger: the rock Sent: 1/12/2004 8:03:48 PM

is the only way to show faith by growing hair.
if they do not show you love, it is their loss. .SAID...
faith come from you and you come from JAH....
love to the people
sonone22

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/12/2004 9:58:27 PM

Greetings,

Blessed Empress Inde. Keep the I faith strong, because tests come, but when I and I get through the test, Blessing comes afterwards.

Before I had I current job, I had a contract position for a year. When I contract ran out, I tried to get unemployment benefits, but I couldn't, because they told I that I was 14 hours short of their requirement to receive it.

I had saved some money while working, so I was able to live on this for 4 months while I looked for another job. Time passed and passed, but no job came. I never once thought to cut I locks because I made this choice and commitment to Jah. I brought this judgment on Iself, and I knew exactly what I was getting into before I started growing I locks, and the tribulation that would come, and what the commitment that I made meant. Everyone makes their personal commitment to Jah when they grow their locks. My commitment was for life and is for life.

When I money ran out after the 4 months, I got a job, without even going to an interview. I spoke with the person hiring on the phone on a Friday, and he gave I a little phone interview and then asked I if I wanted to start on Monday. Jah tested I until the end, and then he gave I a job. After a week at the job, I needed to get some money that I mother had in savings for I, to pay a months rent, because I had to pay the rent before I first paycheck, I was completely broke.

Faith in Jah is so powerful, don't look for an example to prove what Jah can do before you have Faith. Have Faith first, and then and only then will the examples be seen.

Jah RasTafarI Live,

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Jerome121 Sent: 4/5/2004 10:39:07 AM

Im thinkin about getting locks i have cornrows already what is the reaction of people and how do u wash ure hair????

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 4/5/2004 12:22:39 PM

Blessed Love JAH RASTA FAR I

INI site that the act of locking hair is a spiritual awareness of INI, thus it is a detachment (from the FLESH) of the world opinion of "how" and "why" and "when" and in "what" manner. Site?

All do raspect bredren, site the awareness of the I to do this. Anyone can tell u what THEY "think" about it, and "how" THEY did it..and hence forth the locks on YOUR head are someone else's locks. Site?

MEDITATION is the key to all self awareness. Be the hair, be the head be the creator of the locks, be INI.

EMANICIPATE YOUR SELF FROM MENTAL SLAVERY......None but INI can free I mind.

ONE LOVE ONE AIM ONE DESTINY

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/5/2004 11:49:55 PM

Greetings,

The I can wash your locks with some herbal shampoos. But the I must find one that takes away build up. Because if it doesn't take away build-up, then the shampoo probably builds up in your locks.

When your locks grow a little longer, you can put the shampoo in your locks when it is dry, and then soak your locks in a container of very warm water, but not too hot. If you soak for 5 to 10 minutes or more, then it will wash your locks more deeply. Then wash your locks in the container by moving your locks around and also squeezing the water out, while continuing to keep your locks in the water. Then squeeze out the remaining water, and soak a couple more times if you want a deeper cleaning. Then rinse out your locks in the shower.

Also, a good way to wash your locks, especially when the I is trying to grow them, is to use Aloe, or scrunchy needle (flat oval cactus with dimples where the thorns used to be). Scrunchy needle is very good to help your locks form properly. Both the Aloe leaves and scrunchy needle can be found in some caribbean and health food stores.

The way you prepare the Aloe and scrunchy needle is the same. cut it open and grate the gel inside with a fine grater into a container. Then pour a large glass of water into the container, but pour the water over the grater to wash off the remaining gel into the container.

Squeeze a lemon into the container, and then mix together very well. Then you need a cloth or old white T-shirt to strain the mixture. Set the cloth over another container and then pour the mixture into the cloth. Gather the edges of the cloth so that you are using the cloth as a bag for the mixture. Then start twisting from the top, and twist the mixture through the cloth into the second container.

Wash your locks with the mixture and then make sure that you rinse it out very well, you don't want to leave the mixture in your locks.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I