Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=143&start_row=11

wearing dread locks

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/8/2004 5:35:33 PM

Greetings,

Brother Jahphet, just because a man or woman grows all of their locks, doesn't make them a Nazarite. A person is a Nazarite if they take the vow and live as a Nazarite.

Many RasTafarI grow locks, but don't deal with the Nazarite vow. I and I locks is how our hair grows, it is Jah natural creation.

So the I shouldn't avoid letting your locks on the side grow because of the Nazarite vow. If the I has other reasons, even if the reason is that is how the I wants to grow it, then that is fine. But don't avoid it because of the Nazarite vow.

Jah Blessings and Guidance,

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 1/8/2004 5:56:20 PM

I give thanks for this reasoning.. cause its been heavy on my heart even before this post. I have watched people all around the world stand up for thier rights, from the black panther party, to a neo-natzi fashious party, they all dress with a certain code of presentation, its like everybody got thier armor. I say this with humbleness, all thier armor is just an illusion without Jah. It come and go. Gods word is forever. My sign-in name is posted the Rock im not sayin that I am the word.. but the word is my shield. Truth is my shield, so I text were ever I can find and cross reference every resource that I can mystically and physically so I can come to the truth. I used to fight alot in my youth.. something like a rude boy in jamaican terms. In Los Angeles (lost Angels) theres Crips and Bloods. Its Hollywierd out here you know. Ive seen it all from life being being born to life being taken. The only thing that bring me through it all is my shield .. The Rock , The Word. Most Highest Praise HalleluJah. So when Im searching on the internet I see a million web sites that got a million hooks I even went to the one that Selassi I's people was suppose to have made.. but nothing says it all to me than the word Ark. I mean we puttin treasures in our Ark, for those with little technology.. i.e. internet or the gumpsion just to look it up for themselves can just click a button and see us reason round the world on every topic with the spirit of tolerance and full understandin. My works is how I stand up even while im sittin. Power to the People, Love to the People. Same thing.
Jah Love eternally
Sonone22
The Rock.

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 1/8/2004 9:19:26 PM

INI truth-Love-

No x-plain no apology...

BE-HERE-NOW

InI dreadlocks are I roots, symbols of livity. The roots of a tree are unseen because they in the ground, the dirt the composting of soemthing that once was and is now giving life to what is and will be. Leaves, branches and fruit is what is apparent to worldly matters, the SEEN, what others see and these fruits, branches and leaves are resutls of the roots drinking up the water nutrition of the soil. Site- one can cut down a tree take fruit, but the tree is still alive. because the roots drawing nutirition form the soil. THE composting--ANCESTORS livity before....Yea it be difficult to grow the branches and leaves back with only roots, but consider how would the tree grow without the roots ? The leaves important for taking the light to increase abundance of energy to produce fruit. Branches for foundation.

Dreadlocks mean so much to each one.
Become to INI a symbol of leaving Babylon vanity....cause many baldheads site I am ugly with this natty dreads.....HAHAAHHAA....But INI don't defend that because that be playing that vanity game.
Symbol of DREAD....fear that baldheads have for such boldness to be so ugly....That is them. I have no fear and don't want to play thier game of most feared that is greed of power over another.....Cause RASTA don't fear no MAN and don't downpress any MAN with DREAD......so that be those who have fear. As a female I hair is I crown...but I cover that crown because INI don't play the pride game either... all glory to the ONE JAH RASTA FAR I....

I-nefertiti NOTHING.....
INI-Jah Rasta Far I-oneness with all livity of perfection of Jah. Nameless faceless a power that sounds words of I_RATION

THe body is a temple and Rasta i-dicated to keeping a pure temple. Clean body and mind.....ORGANICALLY CLEAN without synthectics of Babylon, products, religions and fashion images !!!

Rasta INI define INI as Jah. Not living for validation - verification- subjugation-or clarification defination from BABYLON.....

Ones...SITE ...Rasta FREE free free free free free free free take it be it live it and rejoice in ONE NESS..............

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/8/2004 10:43:15 PM

Greetings,

It's funny how people react to locks. They either think it is ugly, or they are fascinated by it. It has been so many centuries that people have been changing the way Jah made them, that they can't even remember that locks is how I and I hair grows. They think it is something that I and I have done to I hair.

I have had some people ask I, "what did you do to your hair". I reply to them that I have done nothing but wash it and let it grow. I show them that it is them that are doing something to their hair. Cutting it when it wants to grow, or separating it with a comb when it tries so hard to tangle and come together.

In times before, when I and I let our bodies be free to grow how Jah made it, locks was not strange, but was normal. A person with combed or cut hair would be the one that looked strange in those times. But this is a different time now. And I and I are the peculiar people.

---------------------------------------

1 Peter 2
1 Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, all evil speakings,
2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;
10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

---------------------------------------

When I first came to Toronto in 1995, I was thinking about growing I locks, but I wasn't sure because I knew that it would make things harder, and I would be hated for it. A RasTafarI Idren of mine named Iko sang to I "Throw away your scissors and comb (come)". From that day, I stopped putting the knife to I locks, and have let it grow ever since.

Jah Bless,

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 1/9/2004 8:26:18 AM

Big up for the holla back brothers and sisters, The feeling that I have because I do not have dreads is not rejection, I feel like Joseph. From Isreal to Egypt within Egypt he learned even as he did when he was with Isreal. Like I said I wish I could have long long dread.. as I am a worker type individual (welder) the grease dirt and bacteria too much irritaion for my scalp. If were talkin about the truth as one book of enlightment says there a many trees, each one got its own leaves. The trees that are rooted deep seem not to loose thier leaves but those that roots arent deep, thier leaves tend to fall down to the root when thier season is over to the next.
If I grabbed a Hemp tree I could clone from the roots succesfully without a doubt. The leaves are a different thing. Like I said I always go to the root to see how a tree grows so I might duplicate the same growth. Praise Jah even now.
Sonone22
The Rock

Messenger: ijah Sent: 1/9/2004 10:46:32 AM

Greetings Brethren and Sistren

SELASSIE I EARTHRIGHTFULRULER

Me nah gonna discuss this subject,cause thats just ones way fe defend them own position inna this iwa...SEEN

But iman postup this lyric,it a related to the topic

Since i throwed the comb away,i m a Rastaman eversince that day

Me mamma dont wanna see me no more
me pappa say,dont come at the house no more
i used to be the pride of the fanily
but now i am the black sheep
just because i throwed the comb away
I throwed the thing away,away
And thats not all..
I got fired from i job last monday
for no reason at all
the bossman coursed me to his office
to give me a 2 weeks pay,him say:
``just because ye throwed the comb away
theres no vacancy fe you today,
so ye better pack your things and leave.i say
before me gonna call the police to throw you out``
him say:``Go away,rastaman go away``
But i told him that i got my qualification
i m a hard working man
what a discrimination
isnt it cause i m a Rastaman?
He say:`` Go away,away,Rastaman go away``
When ye father and ye mother forsake you
and ye bossman is discriminating you
thats the time when JAH JAH The Almighty
shall tek care of you

thx and praises itinualy unto The Lion

Messenger: the rock Sent: 1/9/2004 10:58:40 AM

it that way for all people
but i SEEN what theI SAYING
love to all the people
sonone22

Messenger: MICHAEL Sent: 1/9/2004 12:22:19 PM

thanks to all my dreads out there for the reasoning.............Hail rock for InI am also the welder.......my job is very dangerous so it helped to shorten thy hair........InI am welder but InI also walk the beams........union Ironworker.....InI have seen 7 friens fall because of tripping hazards and thy locks were getting caught on everything......it really was a matter of life an death........InI cut them right before InI went to the 9-11 site to work ( clean the iron outta the way ) for the emergency peoples.......hail to all of you ........JAH RAS TAFARI.........

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/9/2004 12:40:14 PM

Greetings,

For Ones and Ones that want to grow their locks, but are worried about dust and dirt from the workplace, then wearing a turban would help keep the dust and dirt out quite well. A turban also hold the lock firm in place, so when a person is bending down, their locks won't flop around, but will remain in place.

Jah Bless,

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: MICHAEL Sent: 1/9/2004 12:48:40 PM

belive InI ArkI.......a turbin or bandana or any cloyh wont sit well on thy head.......a hard hat must be worn also......thats the big problem.....and you cant just wear the hard hat loosely........it must stay on tight.........it was impossible to keep growing thy dreads..........impossible if InI wanted to be safe........when InI stared this topic InI say theat its whats inside that matter......not the outside........

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I