Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7050&start_row=21

Guns

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 119
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/31/2019 1:06:08 AM

Come on bredda you know what I stand for. Down with the white man's oppressive system. Full redemption and emancipation from white influence on InI people.

Love up

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/31/2019 1:35:20 AM

G.A., i can assure you that no matter what color your skin is if you ever stood facing an Alaskan grizzly bear in the wild, you'd want to be holding the best high-powered rifle you could get your hands on. Skillcraft? You don't negotiate with the Alaskan Grizzly, you SHOOT the Alaskan Grizzly!
That's why they have state laws in Alaska about having a gun & ammunition in your survival gear. To protect guys who think they can finesse their way out of a grizzly encounter from their own naiveté.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/31/2019 3:41:53 AM

I people have stood next to and domesticated more fierce animal than a grizzly without gun.

Each race to their own

I have witnessed Rastafari wrestle crocodile bare handed in Jamaica (croc lake next to I dwellings) or African brethren walk with lion they keep as pet. IJS

The Whiteman must learn

If you enter the dwellings of another living being unwanted and uninvited be prepared to face the consequences from man animal fish or alien. Bringing gun into it is a colonial cheat mentality.

Selassie I

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/31/2019 3:46:19 AM

"more fierce animal than a grizzly"? Hmmm. If so, it was involuntarily, not because they had a gun available and chose not to arm themselves. That's just a ludicrous, and borderline racist, statement. Believe you me, a grizzly cares not what color your skin is - it's all the same to him.
This is a dumb conversation.
It's like saying: i know a guy who swam the English Channel, you people who use boats are wimps!"

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/31/2019 3:46:32 AM

Messenger: Nesta1Sent: Today 6:35:20 AM
G.A., i can assure you that no matter what color your skin is if you ever stood facing an Alaskan grizzly bear in the wild, you'd want to be holding the best high-powered rifle you could get your hands on. Skillcraft? You don't negotiate with the Alaskan Grizzly, you SHOOT the Alaskan Grizzly!

Replace the words "Alaskan Grizzly" with the word "MANDINGO" in the above paragraph. And there we have the very history of the white man in Africa....dwl

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/31/2019 3:47:57 AM

Racist? Impossible...

The African race is more in tune with nature in terms of other living beings than the white race has proven to be over the ages.

If course I am not speaking in absolutes

Blessed

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/31/2019 3:50:10 AM

Don't bring unuh gun gun mentality into Selassies I Ethiopia Shashemane. Dem ting outlawed rightfully

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/31/2019 3:59:13 AM

"The African race is more in tune with nature in terms of other living beings than the white race has proven to be over the ages."

Now, that's definitely a highly divisive (at best), racist (at worst) statement and utterly foolish as it is not demonstrable in the least.

Why try to divide and try to generalize like that, brother?

I am African and would never consider saying such a ridiculous thing. It's a grotesque unvalidated over-generalization that yields no fruit except for the bitterest.

How does that serve bring Imanity together??? Inite us?

Perhaps better no to try to speak for so many as so many likely do not desire to be spoken for in such a way.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/31/2019 4:01:50 AM

I man don't need the white race to agree with I on racial issues. But I stand firm and know I history form the black perspective

Blessed Love Iah

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/31/2019 4:05:00 AM

Wow. You seem angry.
And at someone who feels no anger toward you or bears you any ill-will. Making gross generalizations about the "white race" like it's some kind of monolithic entity seems completely unscientific** and archaic at this stage of our advancement as RastafarI. It's like some déjà vu out of the 1930s. Just imagine the incredible heterogeneity of the different races and the differentiations are mostly meaningless along those lines. We are One People.

** i bring up science because we've had much scientific discussion on the topic of ganja and you seem to prefer a more scientific approach to topics.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 119

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I