Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7050&start_row=11

Guns

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 119
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/30/2019 1:18:09 PM

And protection is certainly a valid reason for having guns. When flying in Alaska, by state law i was required to carry a large caliber hunting rifle as part of the survival gear on board. That's just smart contingency planning for the Alaskan wilderness (where I never hiked without a rifle in hand). And just because i never had any intention of using a gun to shoot someone for home defense myself doesn't mean that I don't empathize with people, especially out in the middle of nowhere, who keep guns in their home for protection from dangerous wild animals and/or dangerous wild human beings.

While some may see this position hypocritical or as being at odds with my fundamentally pacifist underpinnings, i find no contradiction at all. i've enjoyed owning & shooting guns my whole life and i've never shot a soul (in truth, i've never even considered shooting anyone).

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/30/2019 2:34:06 PM

I find it's a Whiteman mentality to think 1 needs a gun to live in the "wilderness" after 100s of thousands of years of non Europeans doing fine without. For the unskilled weak mind and physicality? No?

Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 1/30/2019 3:24:22 PM

No.

Tell that to the inuits using them today.. Or Indians in tiger country.. Or any other group using the technology.. Has nothing do with race.. Or strength

And people been getting mauled to death for that long too..

People used to walk everywhere.. Does using a car mean you are weak mentally and physically?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/30/2019 6:15:52 PM

The Whiteman invented the gun

The Whiteman claims he needs a gun to protect himself from NATURE? Nesta mentioned the need of a gun to protect from the wilderness

Black people or other native people's have lived among wild life for hundreds of thousands of years without the need for guns. And still to this day. As ones becomes skilled with dealing with the wilds of nature, rather than shoot first.

I won't speak on the mind of black people living within the realm of white supremacy who use guns TODAY. It's usually white people or white influence what causes so many endangered species killed by gunshot such as the hunt for ivory etc it's always been a white fueled hobby Or interest the kill for sport pleasure and jewelry using gunfire. By a set of people who wouldn't stand a chance using their physicality and skillcraft to earn the defeat over that animal.

Give thanks
The gun is inherently a white man suppm

Any man who need gun to kill an animal should be shot themself. Ital.....

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/30/2019 6:20:06 PM

People overuse cars even for short journies and this is on the background of a significant increase in the number of people ESPECIALLY in America being unfit overweight and physically laughable. This may well be partially responsible for sitting on their backsides in vehicles and on couches for too long yes! Good example! Isn't America the fattest country lol

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 1/30/2019 6:31:26 PM

I sight how a gun can "level the playing field" like with the example I gave with the old woman. I do see how it can aide a weaker or unskilled person in defending themselves against a stronger or more skilled attacker.

GARVEYS AFRICA gave some arguments, which are valid. I would add to those arguments, that a gun can be taken away from someone who is using it for self defense. At a far enough distance a gun will most likely not be taken away from the defender, but up close and personal a gun can be taken away fairly easily, a gun can only fire in one direction: straight ahead. If that line of fire is redirected, by the attacker grabing the gun, the victim is now in danger of getting shot or badly beaten, maybe killed.

I would recommend that people learn Gracie Jiu-Jitsu or Krav Maga to defend themselves; rather than owning a gun.

If someone is going to use mace/pepper spray; it is best to buy two cans of it. One to keep on yitself for defense, and the other to practise with. So that you learn the how to use it, the distance and width the spray has and such.

You wouldn't want the first time you use a self-defense tool to be when you are under attack.

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 1/30/2019 6:39:42 PM

"Isn't America the fattest country lol" -GARVEYS AFRICA

Hahaha! The only place where I've seen someone get their exercise from lifting their fork! Lol!!! True story Iyah, man was huffing and a puffin and a sweating too!

Ital is Vital
USA needs RastafarI livity!

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 1/30/2019 6:58:47 PM

Ah I laughed about it but now I feel sad lol. Seriously the USA needs help...

Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 1/30/2019 8:48:54 PM

Always comes back to 'hate the white man and America'.. Every time.

Carry that pepper spray all you want.. LOL!! I'm keeping my guns. No doubt

Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 1/30/2019 10:57:34 PM

"Any man who need gun to kill an animal should be shot themself. Ital....."

Oh boy...

Personally, I hunt with a traditional recurve bow and arrow IF I do at all.. But your statement perfectly highlights my previous notation: "where we are in the scope of practicality and recognition of reality vs being ideological and utopian..."

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 119

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I