Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7050&start_row=1

Guns

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 119
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 1/29/2019 5:16:37 PM

Necessary and effective defense and survival tool?

Or...

Evil murderous device that must be destroyed?

I know where I stand, very Pro gun, what about the rest of you?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/29/2019 8:16:08 PM

Evilous Babylon device

For those weak of mind and physicality

Yet and still it's necessary to defend yourself family and sovereignty with any available obtainable method

Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 1/29/2019 9:25:01 PM

I mean I see the sentiment. But whole heartedly disagree with gun ownership/marksmanship being of a weak mind and physicality.. I would NEVER want to use it on someone, and that comes from a lifetime of shooting.. I know how devastating a bullet is, UNLESS I absolutely had to in order to save my life, my families life, or the lives of people caught in a public armed robbery type situation.. The life example of H.I.M shows this pefectly.. It is a last resort tool for defense and proves to be essential for survival and sovereignty.. Being trained and armed is a recognitio of the dangers and blatant evil that exists in the world. I said this in another post: The world is NOT a utopia.. And while universal disarmament is a good goal, it can not happen over night.. Tyrannical mass murderers love a disarmed population.. Being physically strong and able to fight hand to hand does very little when you are faced with a firearm at range.

On another hand, many people, especially those living in, for example, Alaska and other more wild areas depend on firearms for daily survival. Not only for food hunting but for defense against large predators.. To me, this is the same as living by a spear or bow and arrow that all of our ancestors harnessed to even allow for us to be alive today.. A firearm is simply the technological advancement of this..

I think this is a great topic to gage where we are in the scope of practicality and recognition of reality vs being ideological and utopian..

Chances are, the 'average person' will never find themselves in a situation where you would be forced to use a gun to save yourself and loved ones; but it happens every single day and if you did have a split second life or death situation pushed on to you, you would be wishing you were carrying. You are your first line of defence, anything else is putting faith in law enforcement to save your life...

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/30/2019 1:06:53 AM

The example of HIM doesn't work as he was not known to carry a gun on his person. He was a Royal and a King of a Sovereign nation with his own security and National army. The question of whether one should have personal ownership is quite different to whether one should have a National Armory

But reading the last part of my above post kind of agrees with you otherwise..
Bless up

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 1/30/2019 1:44:01 AM

I wouldn't call guns necessary, but they can be a very effective self-defense tool. Take an 80 year old 95 pound woman and a 24 year old 230 pound male. Give the old lady a gun and she stands a chance of surviving an attack or being robbed. Just one example, point being that guns level the playing field.

I do pray for the day that our weapons are turned into tools for agriculture... It would be a better world if they did not exist, but for the fact that they do, I feel that people should be able to own them, lest only the criminals and the governments (more criminals) have them.

I don't have any, once upon a time I did, I was training to fight against human trafficking. But that wasn't my calling in life, I don't want to kill anybody. So I go with Jah. Jah protects I and I fight evil with love and chant it down with word sound power.

Love over hate
Life over death
Jah Itection and Guidance

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/30/2019 3:02:56 AM

She's arguably just as likely to kill herself cleaning it. Or to kill others in a blaze of dementia.
Equally. A thief enters a 95 year old lady house in a country which outlaws guns. He probably doesn't feel the need to obtain an illegal gun as the lady is unlikely to pose him a threat. He may consider committing the robbery without any weapon and if she confronts him he could push her down easily. Sure she may break a hip but she would more likely survive. As opposed to a country where guns are legal in which the thief EXPECTS his victims to have access to guns for self defence.. He is more likely to approach the robbery prepared with gunfire himself... more likely to kill everything dead on sight

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 1/30/2019 4:30:11 AM

Good point GARVEYS AFRICA

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 1/30/2019 5:32:09 AM

Greetings and love brothers

I wish that Ras NazIr was here to add to the discussion. As I know he and his Empress have been gun enthusiasts for years, I'd like to see what he has to say on it.

Personally I can see why some people have guns. I have before been at a point in my life where I wanted either a small gun or a very large dog to protect me, having no other sense of safety. As a womban in this world sometimes it feels very dangerous.
At this point I dont really have as much desire to own a gun. But I still have a desire to go to a shooting range and learn to shoot one and the safety measures to be taken, etc. And if I ever did want a gun, I would hope to be able to learn to build it myself. As I know Ras NazIr has done before too.

On a side note, maybe related though... and I hope he wont mind me sharing this information... Ras NazIr has been locked up for more than 6 months on a murder charge. He never killed anyone, but his state doesnt allow charges of "accessory to murder". And from what I overstand the story is that he did give a ride to someone after that man had just committed murder with a gun. It was a heated argument about a womban, it got out of hand, and someone ended up dead. And a good friend of mine (ours) is now imprisoned because of it.

So maybe guns are not used for protection as much as we think.

More Life

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/30/2019 9:40:04 AM

Guns are inanimate objects. For me they are neither evil nor good in any absolute sense as they cannot possess such a moral character.

i grew up going to the deserts & mountains of the American southwest to target practice with guns -- all different kinds and calibers. With my mechanical engineer father, we took guns apart together, cleaned them, studied their mechanics, parts and related machining and metallurgy -- some of them are incredible feats of engineering and craftsmanship.

Like Hemphill says: I know how devastating a bullet is. Gun safety was drilled into my head from first time i was ever permitted to hold a gun. We never pointed a gun at anything we didn't intend to shoot - loaded or empty. We were not even permitted to swing the barrel of a gun along a projected line that intersected a human's body. Naturally, as a boy, allowing a gun to barrel to accidentally point at a human would have been grounds for the swiftest & strictest of punishments.

As an adult, i owned handguns and rifles gifted to me by my father and used them for target practice. They remained unloaded, disassembled and separated from their ammunition when stored at home as i never had any intention of using them for home "defense", much less actually ever pointing one at another human being and pulling the trigger. There are far too many things that can go wrong with that scenario besides the obvious. There were children in my home also and they were never permitted to know where the different constituent parts of the guns or the ammunition were kept (i.e.. they were well-hidden and well out-of-reach).

i don't believe in a world where we people shoot at one another. Obviously, i don't believe in mass producing automatic weapons, and providing them to thousands of Pentagon-brainwashed (MKed) adolescents for them to commit criminal violence in immoral foreign invasions/occupations. That's a misuse of a gun.

But for people who enjoy guns for sport shooting or to hunt for food they consumption, i am fine with them having them. Obviously guns can be extremely dangerous when handled improperly, so i am a strong advocate of strict gun safety training for anyone who owns and/or uses a gun.

Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 1/30/2019 12:55:47 PM

Nesta, this was a joy to read.. Being totally honest; when I saw you had posted on this, I was thinking 'Oh man, this should be good'.. Based on our previous discussions about guns, I was expecting this to be a complete flop.. To my surprise, this was a GREAT reasoning and a joy to read..

Yes, proper gun safety is absolutely paramount. A mechanical device can fail without warning, so treating a gun like it is loaded at ALL times is essential. I simply could not imagine being hit with any caliber of round in any part of the body; and if I was forced to, in a last resort life or death situation, use a firearm to protect myself or loved ones by shooting someone.. I would live the rest of my life with the spiritual weight of that action, and that is a heavy heavy weight, especially if it was a lethal shot.. I pray that I never have to be in that situation, but at the same time, I would protect my family (or a complete stranger in need) in a moments notice without hesitation.. For living with THAT weight, my family or innocence being killed when I could have done something, is something I cant even think of...

But hey, we have disagreed enough. Lol. I am not going to focus on this one piece..

Great reasoning.

Peace

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 119

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I