Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7050&start_row=41

Guns

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 119
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 1/31/2019 7:52:22 AM

Haha GA that made me laugh but it is probably true, because it is my choice to go into the wild where animals like that might be, and for no other reason than to be in nature and see beautiful mountains and breathe crisp pure mountain air.
But what differentiates one animal's territory from another? Where is the human's natural habitat, where other animals don't go? (Not talking about cities built over a once-thriving forest.) Haven't humans and other animals been mixing in each other's territory since millions of years?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/31/2019 8:10:58 AM

Haha they sure have...And "nature" has run it's course...

Humans living side by side and mixing into each other's territory is no different over the past millennia. Some war, some peace, some redefining of territorial lines.

And then comes along the European. Armed with a slight build, limited physicality, not the strongest sense of stragic battle he brings a few guns and takes over the entire globe as his territory.

Imbalance?

And then starts hunting for sport..of course armed with the gun

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/31/2019 8:15:40 AM

"More people dead from peacetime gun use since 1968 than all US military deaths in all wars, ever.

About 3 million dead in the last hundred years.

A US citizen is more likely to be killed by a toddler holding a gun than by an act of terrorism.

The US has an over 3x higher person:gun ratio than the rest of the "developed" (so dem say) world"

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/31/2019 8:18:09 AM

JAH Child,
Black bears and even brown bears are USUALLY pretty cool (i emphasize usually). We used to just bang pots and pans together to run them out of our camps whenever they came in looking for food. It might have been dumb in retrospect, but we hadn't heard of many attack on humans by black bears. A grizzly is a whole other matter. i've heard talk of people saying to carry peeper spray even for grizzly defense, but i'd hazard to guess that few, if any, of those folks have ever faced a charging grizzly. Whether its mountaineering or just backpacking, the motto is to be prepared. In black bear country i carried, well....pots and pans. Whenever out in grizzly country, i followed the advice of locals (or the regulations) and carried my .45-70 Government rifle at the ready with my senses at their keenest alertness level.

[Note:i spent the last 20 years of my career working on BNSF Railway contamination sites in Montana (from Missoula to Glendive, Havre to Livingston) and spent more time there than at home in Seattle. Finished my career dredging/cleaning up the Whitefish River near Glacier. i'd be curious where you lived.]

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/31/2019 8:31:47 AM

G.A., The grizzly is not just an esoteric case for me as i spent a lot of time in wilderness where encountering these animals is a genuine risk. How can it be disingenuous to keep citing that example when we began this back and forth with me pointing out that i was required by law to carry a large caliber rifle in the airplane when flying in Alaska and I never hiked in the Alaskan wilderness without a rifle in hand? Grizzly bear attacks ARE a big concern in southern Alaska.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/31/2019 8:37:39 AM

i agree that gun violence is insane in America the Babylon. But it doesn't really surprise me. Thirty or 40 years ago guns were everywhere but we rarely saw the kinds of routine mass shooting in the U.S. that we see today. Living in Babylon is slowly driving the American population progressively insane and they are armed to the teeth. It only takes one guy to snap. Yeah, it can be scary. That's why i always get a kick out of Americans saying to me "You're in Southeast Asia? Isn't it dangerous there?"

Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 1/31/2019 9:00:52 AM

Polar bears ACTIVELY hunt people in those areas.. Not a 'well you in their territory' thing.. They creep into town and take people.. Same with tigers in India.. Unless you saying no human can live in the artic or jungle..... Cuz its natures territory.. Think of the precedent that is setting

I've seen something that needs to be cleared up.. Haile Srlassie did carry.. A picture on this site shows him in a train holding a shot gun. 100's of times the iconic picture of H.I.M standing behind that heavy machine gun.. Yes this was during war time, but that is what we are talking about here.. Last resort desperation after all forms of diplomacy and de-escalation have failed.. And you STAY armed becaused you never know when that situation will arise.

Furthermore.. I have heard SO MANY times for many different people here, "dont culturally appropriate, be yourself and harness your OWN heritage" well thats what I am doing.. My heritage is farming, hunting, and yes, cowboy.. But when I pick these things up, I am called racist white supremacist and what ever else.. Of course I do not run with EVERYTHING that the stereotype says like redneck or whatever, but I do embrace my OWN heritage.. Agriculture, livestock, hunting, fishing, shooting, target practice etc.. I do not actively hunt or eat meat but I stau prepared to provide if a dire situation was to arise.. Again, the crux of the conversation here.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/31/2019 9:14:43 AM

"Cowboy". That brings to mind horses -- magnificent creatures. I love 'em. Right there with hiking, the peace that comes with moving across the countryside on horseback can't be beat. But every once in awhile they get injured to the point that ya gotta put 'em down just to be humane & merciful. Come to think of it, that's another time when having a gun can come in handy; and for humane purposes.

Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 1/31/2019 9:40:19 AM

Yes sir, I grew up with horses and cattle and they are magnificent creatures; especially horses. So smart and loving, you can see Jah in their eyes.. Had to put a couple of them down over the years and yes having a gun to do this is easily the fastest, most cost effective, and most humane method.

But that brings back what I am saying as far as being told to embrace my own heritage and culture while being condemned for doing so.. Lol.. Thats one reason I have moved so far away from the whole 'hate myself to appease others with virtue signaling' liberal sentiment of white guilt and what not.. Tried it, fruit was poisonous, so now I embrace myself, my country, my heritage culture and values.. I shouldn't even add this caveat but I will.. I burn out those things surrounding my heritage, country, and cultural values, that are negative.. Hence me sighting up H.I.M. and unity of humanity, which are not embraced -- generally -- by the stereotypical people who share my upbringing.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/31/2019 10:04:34 AM

Of course, embracing your country and your heritage doesn't mean you have to ignore outright wrong that has been done or become an apologist for unconscionable conduct by our nation's govt. I was born on the Fourth of July so imagine the indoctrination with heavy duty patriotism i received.
i still love the land and people of America; i just loathe the govt. and corporate criminal enterprises, the amorality of which do not fairly represent the morality and ethics of the American people at large.
Heck, i used to enjoy a good parade & rodeo up in Montana on my birthday. Heritage.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 119

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I