Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6065&start_row=1

Trespass of The Tribe of Judah - Fortelling of Slavery

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 64
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 4/20/2015 11:08:30 PM

Jeremiah 5

1 Run ye to and fro through the streets of Jerusalem, and see now, and know, and seek in the broad places thereof, if ye can find a man, if there be any that executeth judgment, that seeketh the truth; and I will pardon it. 2 And though they say, The LORD liveth; surely they swear falsely. 3 O LORD, are not thine eyes upon the truth? thou hast stricken them, but they have not grieved; thou hast consumed them, but they have refused to receive correction: they have made their faces harder than a rock; they have refused to return. Isa 1:5; Isa 9:13; Jer 2:30; 4 Therefore I said, Surely these are poor; they are foolish: for they know not the way of the LORD, nor the judgment of their God. 5 I will get me unto the great men, and will speak unto them; for they have known the way of the LORD, and the judgment of their God: but these have altogether broken the yoke, and burst the bonds. 6 Wherefore a lion out of the forest shall slay them, and a wolf of the evenings shall spoil them, a leopard shall watch over their cities: every one that goeth out thence shall be torn in pieces: because their transgressions are many, and their backslidings are increased.1 2 Jer 4:7; 7 How shall I pardon thee for this? thy children have forsaken me, and sworn by them that are no gods: when I had fed them to the full, they then committed adultery, and assembled themselves by troops in the harlots' houses. 8 They were as fed horses in the morning: every one neighed after his neighbour's wife. Ezek 22:11; 9 Shall I not visit for these things? saith the LORD: and shall not my soul be avenged on such a nation as this? Jer 5:29; Jer 9:9;
10 Go ye up upon her walls, and destroy; but make not a full end: take away her battlements; for they are not the LORD'S. Jer 4:27; 11 For the house of Israel and the house of Judah have dealt very treacherously against me, saith the LORD. Jer 3:20; 12 They have belied the LORD, and said, It is not he; neither shall evil come upon us; neither shall we see sword nor famine: Isa 28:15; 13 And the prophets shall become wind, and the word is not in them: thus shall it be done unto them. 14 Wherefore thus saith the LORD God of hosts, Because ye speak this word, behold, I will make my words in thy mouth fire, and this people wood, and it shall devour them. Jer 1:9; 15 Lo, I will bring a nation upon you from far, O house of Israel, saith the LORD: it is a mighty nation, it is an ancient nation, a nation whose language thou knowest not, neither understandest what they say. Deut 28:49; Jer 1:15; Jer 6:22; 16 Their quiver is as an open sepulchre, they are all mighty men. 17 And they shall eat up thine harvest, and thy bread, which thy sons and thy daughters should eat: they shall eat up thy flocks and thine herds: they shall eat up thy vines and thy fig trees: they shall impoverish thy fenced cities, wherein thou trustedst, with the sword. Lev 26:16; Deut 28:31; Deut 28:33; 18 Nevertheless in those days, saith the LORD, I will not make a full end with you. Jer 4:27; 19 And it shall come to pass, when ye shall say, Wherefore doeth the LORD our God all these things unto us? then shalt thou answer them, Like as ye have forsaken me, and served strange gods in your land, so shall ye serve strangers in a land that is not yours. Jer 16:10;
20 Declare this in the house of Jacob, and publish it in Judah, saying, 21 Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not:3 Isa 6:9; 22 Fear ye not me? saith the LORD: will ye not tremble at my presence, which have placed the sand for the bound of the sea by a perpetual decree, that it cannot pass it: and though the waves thereof toss themselves, yet can they not prevail; though they roar, yet can they not pass over it? Job 38:10-11; Ps 33:7; Ps 104:9; 23 But this people hath a revolting and a rebellious heart; they are revolted and gone. 24 Neither say they in their heart, Let us now fear the LORD our God, that giveth rain, both the former and the latter, in his season: he reserveth unto us the appointed weeks of the harvest. Deut 11:14;
25 Your iniquities have turned away these things, and your sins have withholden good things from you. 26 For among my people are found wicked men: they lay wait, as he that setteth snares; they set a trap, they catch men.4 27 As a cage is full of birds, so are their houses full of deceit: therefore they are become great, and waxen rich.5 28 They are waxen fat, they shine: yea, they overpass the deeds of the wicked: they judge not the cause, the cause of the fatherless, yet they prosper; and the right of the needy do they not judge. Deut 32:15; Isa 1:23; Zech 7:10; 29 Shall I not visit for these things? saith the LORD: shall not my soul be avenged on such a nation as this? Jer 5:9; Jer 9:9; 30 A wonderful and horrible thing is committed in the land;6 31 The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?7 Jer 14:18; Jer 23:25-26; Ezek 13:6;

I came across this in IandI reading and found it to parallel recent history. What are the thoughts from the I's?

Bless
One Love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/21/2015 1:28:20 AM

Slavery was not a new thing in those times. The Israelites went through persecution from different source after that was written

--------------
Ancestors Roots History

The connection between their experience and parts of the story in the Bible made people relate to it as prophesy about their situation, because of the prophesy that says that the Israelites would be taken into slavery in the future because of their iniquity. That is a problem in itself, because Africans should never think that their enslavery was a punishment for their iniquity of the past. It is the evil of the slavedrivers that was the cause.
--------------

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/21/2015 6:49:16 AM

Many Africans Tribals know or believe they ancestors were hebrews and thats thru oral histories, culture customs and tradition even language.
Many are christian now so they follow the bible some or into Judaism ' thers still practice similar rites to ANCIENT Israelite rites so thats what lead them to dat conclusion especially when it lines just about perfectly whit whats written!

Bless

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 4/21/2015 8:44:24 AM

The Word speaks of all that has and will come to pass.
Current events have been seen and written.

Bless
One Love

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/21/2015 9:22:51 AM

Who's recent history are we talking about?
What land are they referring to?
Which strange Gods? Is serving a God which is not from your culture strange and punishable by slavery? Seems to be what this means:

Like as ye have forsaken me, and served strange gods in your land, so shall ye serve strangers in a land that is not yours. Jer 16:10;

Which raises further questions for the concept of a european Rasta..... Or for those that are bible fundamentalists

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 4/21/2015 9:25:09 AM

Watch this: Black Israel's slavery: Self inflicted? God warned us b4 Africa! On youtube by Rastafarisabbathical.. I only want to know others perspectives..

Bless
One Love

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/21/2015 9:32:52 AM

So we are talking about Black history....... As the video starts with 'does God care about black people'

In response to the video..... I disagree that 'Israel' was ever under mass enslavement in Kemet. And have yet to see evidence outside of the bible, otherwise.....

But back to:

"Like as ye have forsaken me, and served strange gods in your land, so shall ye serve strangers in a land that is not yours. Jer 16:10;"

So this is telling black people that they were enslaved by white people because of serving strange Gods in Africa/Israel? We do have evidence of some of the Kings of Judah practicing kemetic spirituality but the question HAS to be how do we know the God of Israel isn't a 'strange' God to the black people in subject? More so than the black Egyptian 'God's'???

And further, would a white man praising Rastafari today not come under the same pretence of serving a God from a different land? A strange God that was 'not yours?' Will this then be punishable by slavery in accordance with this bible verse and rastafari sabbatical interpretation?

Rastafari sabbatical is a wise brother but I tend not to agree with him on a number of things.

Haile

Messenger: Shasatabe Makonnen Sent: 4/21/2015 10:01:49 AM

InI was actually going to post the same topic not too long ago but decided against it because Iman wasn't sure how to explain that as a black RasTaman Iman simply not buying it, the whole "foretelling of slavery" foolishness. sound like brainwash to try tame ones and ones.

Jah praises

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 4/21/2015 10:02:42 AM

That is a good point GA.. It would seem that a white man chanting Haile Selassie is praising a strange god. I cite 'strange god' as meaning false.. White Jesus is false. Haile Selassie is true. THE King of Kings. Father of ALL..

Bless
One Love

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/21/2015 10:05:54 AM

But still was no prophecy, "God" basically preordained misfortune on the people waay in Abrahams time when he mention the 400 year oppression before Jacob ever born, so in reality the people had no choice i. The matter or God woulda been wrong and a palse prophet

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 64

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I