Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5760&start_row=21

9 to 5 how u survive

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 8/5/2014 11:41:02 AM

Many things must be reasoned and Iditated up on at this time, true Young Lion. But "contemplating" rarely puts food in the belly...
Bless-sings Ras!

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 8/7/2014 9:57:16 AM

Real talk

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 8/7/2014 11:01:34 AM

The initial quote from reasonable doubt i think (D'Evils!) but has always stuck in my head!! Lol bigup JahChild

Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 8/7/2014 6:16:35 PM

Jay z been rockin 5% lately even though that's an old line, positive elevation always corrects errors

Real talk I care for animals, the neglected dogs of the world? I'm their best friend

Messenger: Sister Sent: 8/20/2014 1:05:30 AM

I went to change jobs to work as a classroom teaching assistant years ago, to work with children and away from a desk, I did an adult education introduction course but the bottom line was the pay, about £8k at the time I think, not enough for one person to live on. I see ‘womens’ work paid lower in general, it has a lower value in money terms; like it or not women and children have a lower value to a society which is male dominated. Even if a woman does well in a traditionally male career, she might get a pat on the back but she must sacrifice her traditional female role of carer to some extent. Females are welcome in the workplace now, yes, but femininity valued, not truly. The way women and children are regarded reflects the way man has exploited the planet – mining it for whatever possible, for material pleasure and power over others through claims of ownership, exploiting her but not recognising the true potential that lies within and should be respected and recognised as not possessed by man. Man has become victim to his possessions anyway, things a run him now. Women should likewise remain rooted in their principles towards children, traditional female knowledge just as healing, intuition, caring, and not accept undervaluation.

Below is a quote from W. E. Du Bois on his 90th birthday, written to his newborn great-grandson:

‘The return from your work must be the satisfaction which that work brings you and the world’s need of that work. With this, life is heaven, or as near to heaven as you can get. Without this – with work which you despise, which bores you, and which the world does not need – life is hell’.

Not everyone has the opportunity to do the work of their choosing, ultimately working is a way to float above serious poverty, and poverty can be really damaging in certain societies. (Poverty can also be an opportunity for growth if you are conscious of it). In choosing a job, where a ‘career’ is not possible, I say choose the least damaging option to the world and learn from it.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 8/20/2014 6:30:54 AM

Powerful sistren,

I like the quote you gave, naturally. Sometimes we are forced into remedial works, indebted servitude...... the original form of slavery still present in this time. For many people, they work to pay their debts, bills, provide little food, and modest shelter... with no real money (or any money) left over after that. Sometime as you pointed out the money doesn't even cover these basic things. Again, indebted servitude, if this isn't modern day slavery I don't know what is - Work all day all night and il give you food and shelter full STOP. With no prospect of growth

Terrible.

Re: the society and women/children. Society .... Babylon attacks individuals in different ways. And one of the main goals was to split the man and the wombman. Still, in parts of the world I have seen at least, the woman and especially women with child, receive much, much better treatment through the folly 'welfare state' than the Man. I think its debatable but man and wombman need to be in this together.

FIGHT THE BEAST
BEAT THE SYSTEM
MAKE WE HAVE SOMETHING

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 9/11/2014 1:28:12 PM

Iman also plan to expand I more-ledge on herbal medicine so I can earn a living and healing the nation.

I know its hard to earn a living musikally though possible,Iman want to live yet musik as I way to express I views.

Many are saying it aint wise to forsake babylon work for self jobs especially an educated person with a certifikate.Some are leaving the country for South Afrika where they think they can be paid better because here pon,babylon industries are clashing down because of the indigenousation policy,but Iman nuh plan fi leave the country but to create Zion I over ya so.

Messenger: richierich Sent: 9/14/2014 11:50:19 AM

bless up zion mountain...
I too am kinda weaving in dat direction and have created getoart.com to help others on the trod out of slavery.... although some would say it is a trick.... bu me well me jus know it in de right direction LOL Blind

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 9/16/2014 5:30:01 PM

I was reasoning with an Idren and the man had a reasoning with anotha next I about how Iman isnt taking college education so seriously dat I wud fail in the final exam this october.

Iman seh fyah fi dat,Iman nuh going to babylon to learn to be enslaved,Iman jus going to babylon only to take what was always ours and then come built Zion with self realiance and self suffient from dat little knowledge.When one goes to babylon institution,will be brewed in a certain way dat after acquiring a certifikate,one would feel credited to utilize the paper to be employed by the beast and one automatikal fall in dem classism where we are classed according to babylon schooling.

In I country Zimbabwe,those who are depending on babylon are sufferin because big industries are shutting down,only those relying on themselves are surviving this gedion,or else they run to S.A looking for jobs.BRIMSTONE!!!

I edukation isnt measured by babylon certifikate

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 9/18/2014 10:10:37 PM

^^Most definately not. Big up.

Still get that certificate though. Rasta don't partial when it come to education and giving babylon a suprise.

But InI won't bow to babylon job

Full time over time beat the system.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I