Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5760&start_row=31

9 to 5 how u survive

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 9/20/2014 12:29:03 PM

for true but now babylon pressure we so hard dat you can qualify without bribing the lecturers.It makes I so vicious because dem want we to pay to be taught to be a good slave.

The other thing G.A is dat I man cant concentrate though I try so hard,maybe I chose the wrong trade,but I try so hard to focus on reading and studying,but its like I mind is full and cant get any more info into it.When I study I Istory,read about Afrika and Rastafari or even being here on this forum,I mind start to open up,I am so good in mastering dat and composing musik.

Time and time when we argue with collegues especially about Blackness I usually stand firmly dat many of them would say if this your good mastering of stories and events was in the trade I am currently studying I would be a super man.

I dont know,maybe the I can help I,but I feel depressed when it comes to school work but freed when Iditating,doing muzik etc.
Believe I its not like I am dull,I was always a brilliance from since I youth at primary n secondary schooling.I was the most intelligent yoot in class but now it has changed,I am better off if I am doing musik.

I friends always mock I seh its the weed that has retarded I mind,but no,there is somewhere my strength is.

Now I just get weak with babylon school,so I am planning to start I own business,I next I got a table in a market place,so at least I go start sell I Itals and empower Iself financially to start do muzik.

Messenger: Sister Sent: 9/24/2014 4:38:03 PM

JahChild - have you thought of using your talent with photography for non-capitalist purpose? I step-grandfather was a photographer and did work with NAACP, made a book at that time called 'Tender Warriors'. Seems like any talent or skill still requires the exchange of money for a living to be made, so in a way makes no difference whether working directly for the system or for the people the system makes its money from. Real freedom from the system is mental, but talent shouldnt be wasted. If the I has vision and the means to communicate it, dont stifle it because the system suggests one direction. Go your own way.
Jah Bless.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 9/24/2014 5:41:12 PM

Two form of works ZionMtn

Godly works. The works that is natural to de I. Reading Istory, reasoning, and other Rasta works........ Natural.

- OFTEN these works go both underrated an underPAY.

De nex kind of works a remedial works. A means to an end. Works to pay da bills or put food on a youth plate..... Or invest in something higher. This is usually people day to day studies or works and employment or even juggling....whe quite often is something de I dem may not be interested in or even suited to at all.

If your in dat shituation. Its all about Ma'at and da balance. Why are you in dat babylon place + what was your aim?? Now balance dat with the psychological, physiological, and Iritual effects and toll dat dem kinda works which come as unnatural to de I will take on de I. Which 1 outweigh which?

As soon as you achieve wha u did want. OR as soon as dat deh balance become unbalance.....then Rasta no fraid to pick up and LEAVE. And dash plenty Fire. Rasta know that Jah will provide and guide de I from de I sight Jah in him spirit and vibe. The remedial works is ongle to try and avoid de rough patches / set yourself up.

Like maybe da best outcome would be to hold a meds, go thru and get your certificate...... den look to go into a self owned business in the field of your study?
But Rasta not bowing for nothing. No physical emotional or Iritual bow.

In closing I not saying you MUST stick to da study thing. I not saying you must leave. I saying Man have the skill, i-telligence, and courage to choose either path, knowing when to come as de Lion and when to come as de Lamb.

RASTA NEVER BOW
RASTA NEVER GET WEARY

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 9/24/2014 5:46:49 PM

Now I just get weak with babylon school,so I am planning to start I own business,I next I got a table in a market place,so at least I go start sell I Itals and empower Iself financially to start do muzik.

^^^^

RASTAFARI

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 9/25/2014 4:31:23 PM

Give thanks my bredda G.A for the strength and love the I got for di I.

Thru dis ya journey many Iman was jus 17yrs old and I had just started to live with an uncle to supplement mathematics since we were still mama's bwoy.I chose to go and stay with I uncle because he was the only relative I had who live in a city where there is a Nyahbingi house.Going to supplement a subject there was I only option so as to meet Rastafari,since I was starting to Raspond Jah calling.

If it wasnt for schooling.,then I wudnt hev gone there,so I had to disguise so as to achieve I goal.Iman supplemented and passed,the only option I had dat time so as to stay with Rastafari was to Intinue dat edukation at th nearby Institution or else I wud hev gwaan back to I parent yard where there is no Rastafari,so I didnt want dat,so Iman disguised again.

I never love going there but I had no option.I always had passion with arts but since I grew up a very intellgent bwoy even at school,parents always thnk dat then yu must go graduate ,so as to be acceptable inna society,yet yu got your own vision.

Yes I edukation really knocking I head and I just cant be under them shitstem no more,all I want is to be FREE.

Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 9/25/2014 5:29:39 PM

Bless up,heart of Jah my lord and empress.

Iman currently in I possible last year of school,if I don't choose to go onto university. Iman have been weighing up the pros and cons of further babylon education. Iman personally want to forward to Africa and I see through earning ones own money that it is the fastest way to take I into mamaland,Iman not waiting for no reparations,seen, depending on white supremacy government to free InI? I don't think so, prophet Garvey warn InI long time not to depend on a next nation for InI liberty.so InI have to check what is going to put money into InI pocket,University degree does help ones gain certain skills to transcend to where InI want to reach but at the same time is a trap in itself, but I do think its a tribulation worth passing through because the system make it harder to progress without it,not saying its impossible just in most instances its a rockier road. Babylon is the master of confusion and vexation of spirit,Iman would advise the I not to get caught up in emotions and allow it to 'knock your head' that is falling in their trap, without confidence the I is already defeated, the I knows the good things that will come from getting the certificates or the I wouldn't have considered that route in the 1st place,Iman feel that 'depression' also when studying sometimes but I think for Rasta youths its because InI identify the school and schoolwork etc as babylon so InI naturally want to abstain from it, but InI musnt forget that the things they 'teach' us it is InI that are the creators of these things its just that babylon is twisting it to suit them and downpress InI, it is a double edged sword, so InI must learn to use the right side and not downstroy ourselves.Iman would say its not about trying to find comfort in babylon because babylon is set up to downpress Rastafari consciousness,one is always going experience pain sitting on a needle.

Itinual blessings kings and queens

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 9/25/2014 5:51:53 PM

^
".. but I do think its a tribulation worth passing through because the system make it harder to progress without it,not saying its impossible just in most instances its a rockier road."

Yes king.But even that's debatable too when we look at the fact that 76% of the richest people on earth were high school and college dropouts.

Give Thanks

Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 9/25/2014 5:58:00 PM

Yes I but what percentage of the population is 'richest'-very small,the whole point of university is prepare you for a job in babylon and improve ones chances of getting a babylon job<< true?

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 9/25/2014 6:21:28 PM

Yes I that's true.

I point is though,that they promise a piece of this and that and a "secured future" in Babylon if you study hard..

But even when we look in Babylon the ones on top they never did those things seen..

Bless Up!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 9/25/2014 6:36:38 PM

Zion High Mountain

Lol. That's real though, I can overs the struggle trying to get thru with a little culture among babylon mindset even in the mother land. Terrible. But now man is turning a Man, seen. Man should be forward thinking how man can attain his Owna yard and household (with a empress). And not have to suffer and bow under the rules and regulations of another. Even if a family, from dem fight rasta is whe u meant to do?

Dats a next argument though. Don't let them things influence your decision making inna 'acadamia' or 9-5 / how u stay alive thing.

Just forward rasta

Forward and Rising

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I