Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5052&start_row=21

It is not Wrong to eat Meat

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 112
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Matthew Sent: 2/18/2013 3:44:11 PM

The Bible doesn't promote the highest livity, it is a general standard, a minimum code of conduct. InI RasTafarI people trod a higher path, InI trod is narrow and livity Ital. I aim for oneness, how can I be one with my creator if I murder his creations? all life is one and interconnected, flesh eating turns the body, InI temple into a cemetery that's not for I. Death isn't I trod

Bless

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 2/18/2013 5:09:21 PM

Take note:

We are all Dead beings.

We are all Dead.

Jah RasTafarI opened up the seven seal

and through Jah RastafarI we all ones and ones are alive,

we are resurrected,

we are a new Creation

a New Creation

In Jah RastaFarI are we all a new creation,

a new image Created as Rasta

Rastafar I

Jah Rastafar I

So to step by the dead means to disobey Jah,

to not Love I neighbour means to be dead.

For if the I want to kill the neighbour for eating meat, then the I is self stepping by death meditations of kill and murder, and sin.

So Sin is the death I Nazarites is not to touch.

Be right and do what is right, for were it not for Jah RastafarI,
I and I would have still been dead, but Jah raise I and I from the Dead, and Praise Jah.

Praise the Living Haile Selassie I

Jah RastafarI

Haile the Order

RastafarI Ingel Guide I and I

Messenger: Sister Sent: 2/19/2013 2:40:54 AM

Each one has choice and to condemn another for that gives energy to a negative cause. Animals are nature of higher consciousness than plants and the meat industry is mass exploitation of this natural resource, at a cost of mans humantiy and the destruction caused to nature in its production, unecessarily. Most of the 'taste' from meat comes from the blood and amonia, and the raising of the lives not done in a natural or respectful way. To invest in this is choice, by reason of personal desire or otherwise. The way we treat life, of whatever manifestation, is echoed in our respect of each other and the higher I.

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 2/19/2013 8:20:12 AM

yea The Bible is a general standard, a minimum code of conduct. Jah Say; Be perfect, as I Am perfect. I sight to be perfect, i have to be in harmony with nature, as JAH Is.

Messenger: 1forTruth Sent: 2/19/2013 11:23:20 AM

Bless up Melchisedec, InI hear the I loud and clear, for the wages of sin is death. If it wasnt for InI vision of the visitation of Haile Selassie I, Jah Rastafari coming into I and awakening I and breaking I chain. InI wouldnt overstand what the I is saying. InI wrestle not with flesh...but wicked spirits that bring death. Raspect King, InI has an ear.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/19/2013 1:07:21 PM

MELCHEZIDEK, if the I had higher Iverstanding of the Irits, the I would Iverstand why I and I, RasTafarI people, are supposed to stay away from dead. And not dead as a metaphor, but dead as a literal.

Instead of changing the interpretation of the Nazarite vow to fit what you desire. Just accept that the Nazarite vow is not something you desire.

And in the beginning when it said the the herb bearing seed will be for I and I meat, it is not talking about a seasoning of flesh, it is talking about plants as being our meat.

Genesis 1:29
29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Meat doesn't exclusively mean flesh, it means food. The modern interpretation of the word might be flesh, but that is not the original meaning. If you gain Iverstanding of how the english grammer was written in the King James bible, the I would sight that the scripture is saying that herb is the meat, not herb for seasoning flesh. I Iverstood that before seeing other english translations, but after looking at other english translation, herbs is interpreted the same way, as our meat, not for seasoning of flesh.

Things changed after the flood, because the vegetation was destroyed by the flood and eating flesh was needed for survival. Then eventually, when Jah saw that people wanted to continue to eat flesh, he instructed them on which flesh is safe and which is not.

Genesis 9
King James Version (KJV)
3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

This scripture shows that after the flood, Selassie I gave people every moving thing that liveth as meat, just as He originally gave I and I the green herb for meat.

I wouldn't say it is unnatural for people to eat flesh. We have the physical structure and digestive capability to process flesh and vegetables. I would definetely say that people eat way too much flesh, and are not getting enough vegetables. Even though flesh may be acceptable for most people, for RasTafarI people and other Holy Men, flesh is not acceptable, because it works against I and I Irits.

Messenger: 1forTruth Sent: 2/19/2013 7:33:11 PM

INI is not against the ital, jus thru my upbringing i seen good people thru meat eaters and ital eaters. InI beginning to see that the metaphysical interpretation of the bible is something powerfully revealing. If the I think about it, the Nazarite vow is a blessing but a hard ting to live up to. Just think about the road kill InI randomly and unexpectedly walk up to, or all the dead bodies one will see on the news unexpectedly. But to engage oneself with a spiritually dead person, InI kno that the father dont want InI to deal wit. But let InI light shine before dem. Much raspect to you Ark1 but InI keep thinking what comes out of I is what make I filthy not what I put in I, and InI wrestle not wit flesh but spirtual wickedness and how the Kingdom of Jah is within. Thru I own experience InI have seen bredrin eatinf ital and meat speak of God but far from HIM in heart. So it make I sit back and see that I heart must be cleansed and the mind must be in tune with the Most I. Rastafari

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/19/2013 10:17:14 PM

What comes out of I and I is of upmost importance, and nothing I and I put within ourself will make any difference if filthiness is coming out of I and I.

It is not wrong for people to eat flesh, and people don't have to be RasTafarI to be acceptable unto Jah, Righteousness and Oneness is what makes people acceptable unto Jah.

RasTafarI people are not like other people, I and I are a peculiar people.

RasTafarI people saw that I and I God kept his hair and beard short, but I and I knew that I and I were supposed to let I and I locks and beard grow because that is part of I and I Trod and has a purpose, and beyond the physical purpose of it, there is the Iritual purpose of it.

RasTafarI people didn't see or hear Haile Selassie I say that any people should not eat flesh, but I and I knew that I and I are supposed to stay away from flesh and not eat it, and don't go near a dead body, because that is part of I and I Trod and has a purpose, and beyond the physical purpose of it, there is the Iritual purpose of it.

That is who RasTafarI people are, and there are other particular things I and I do, that are not common amongst most other people, but I and I do them because that is part of I and I Trod.  RasTafarI people are not trying to change the ways of the Catholics,  Anglicans, Orthodox, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhists, Hindus, or any other people.  

I don't Iverstand why people feel the need to change the ways of another people.  If a person wants to call themselves Anglican, then they should do what an Anglican does, instead of doing something different and try to tell Anglicans that they should do that too, and say that it is the "true ways of the Anglican".  If you can't find a name of a way of life that fits what you sight that you should do, then make a name that represents your Trod, and Respect the ways of others instead of trying to change them according to your own or somebody else's design.

I and I are who I and I are and do the things I and I do for a Reason, that is what Haile Selassie I has Awoken I and I to do.

Messenger: 1forTruth Sent: 2/19/2013 11:33:39 PM

I agree and on very well put

Messenger: Iman Bo Sent: 2/20/2013 12:57:50 AM

Respect for the Reasoning Ark I

INI trod a different path than most indeed, and it is true that INI role is not to force INI ways on people, but I can say for certain that eating meat that was produced by industrial means is not righteous behavior. Now, this does not mean that everyone who eats meat should be looked down upon and judged harshly. Many grow up clueless about where their food comes from, what a healthy diet consists of, and what actually goes into slaughtering animals for consumption. It is INI privileged duty to educate people about these things so that they can make their own choices; WE MUST NOT SILENCE THE VOICE OF JUSTICE!

First of all, Western meat processing facilities are racialized and exploit immigrant labor. Horrible working conditions for very low wages, while the corporate owners make hundreds of millions of dollars.

I am sure that most are aware of the wretched conditions in which these animals are kept. The genetically modified chickens' breasts are so enlarged that they cannot walk, the cattle are fed genetically modified corn which they cannot digest properly and would die within a year from their diet if they were not brutally slaughtered. They are mostly kept in confined cages with no freedom whatsoever. I cannot bear to describe any more...Don't these people know that everyone of Jah's creatures have the right and are designed to be free?

Finally, I will briefly describe the immense environmental tole of meat production and processing. To produce one pound of beef, 5 to 20 pounds of feed are required. This translates to about 40% of all industrialized nations' agricultural lands dedicated to raising pesticide-treated crops for animal consumption. That also means that a huge proportion of fresh water is required to raise these animals. Not to mention that most of the energy for these processes and distribution comes from fossil fuels which release toxins into the air.

I do not eat meat because I have no need to eat meat. I overstand that some people require meat for their daily sustenance and actually appreciate the animals that they consume. It is only wrong when no regard for the sacred gift of life is given, when people carelessly exploit Jah creation just to satisfy their own desires, when lives are traumatized from birth to slaughter, and when people recognize these wicked trends and do all that is in their power to perpetuate them.

INI goal is not to judge or criticize others, but to speak for those without voices and forward the consciousness of Upfull livity.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 112

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I