Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6703&start_row=21

Meaning of Rasta

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/21/2018 10:26:57 AM

Nesta. You have posted your story from 34 years ago 3 or 4 times now, why? Regardless of what any body has told you, color or race and especially nationality and identity is while not always; nonetheless still important. We are all 1 just as much as we are not all 1. Rastafari is black supremacy manifest through ideology and livity out of a necessity for such; after being placed in a world where such differences are present. Rastafari means of black supremacy is required to restore balance and equilibrium to a point where color and race etc will be less and less and less of an importance.

Until the until

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/21/2018 11:12:39 AM

GARVEYS AFRICA - I've posted what my Jamaican brother said and showed to me many years ago because he was correct (of course), it made a profound impression on me, and this is a website for sharing with others experiences related to our RastafarI journey among other things. We know from DNA studies that humans are all 99.9% identical genetically. But long before DNA was studied to that extent, His Majesty told us that we must abandon the divisiveness of emphasizing skin color over our Inity, cast aside misconceptions of racially supremacy, and join together as One People in our Inity:
"On the question of racial discrimination, the Addis Ababa Conference taught, to those who will learn, this further lesson: Until the philosophy which hold one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned...the dream of lasting peace and world citizenship and the rule of international morality will remain but a fleeting illusion, to be pursued but never attained." Haile Selassie I (October 1963)
My brother, we don't attain any "balance" or "equilibrium" in the world by accepting & adopting the devil's mechanism of racial inequality and simply changing its direction by applying it to people whose skin color happens to be black instead of some other color. To do so is to cast aside the principles of Oneness & Love that His Majesty came to exemplify and show us. We are all animated in carbon flesh-and-bone shells of different forms, sizes and colors, but the truly remarkable miracle that we all share is Life --the Life created by the shared energy of the JAH LOVE that animates those carbon shells.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/27/2018 2:53:46 PM

UNTIL THE UNTIL WE AFRICANS WILL FIGHT

- the paraphrased words of HIM. If you are going to use his words then use them right. Haile Selassie clearly understood these things. And there is no Rastafari trod without the black supremacy teachings of Garvey / Howell / Charles Emmanuel Edwards - what about what THOSE Jamaicans said? Why was your 1 Jamaican you met right and not these pillars of Rastafari?

Wise up

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/28/2018 8:09:33 AM

No, no, my dear Brother. You sadly miss such a key Truth: RastafarI and ANY SUPREMACY do not comport with one another; “supremacy” (i.e., some people innately higher than or better than or superior to others) is precisely what we fight against. It’s an anathema to us. One does not win any Divine & Righteous Battle by picking up the weapons of the Devil (e.g., racial discord and divisiveness) and using them. Of course i know well the words of Marcus Garvey and the original root of the movement, my Brother. Babylon System continues to be the downpressor of us all, but this would never suggest that His Majesty advocates us clinging to HateDread. That’s not what “until” implies.

PEACE & LOVE, my Brother

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 3/3/2018 5:40:58 AM

Notions of racial supremacy brought us our brethren being kidnapped from Africa and loaded onto boats to be used as slaves to build the prosperity of Babylon on their backs.
Notions of racial supremacy brought us lynchings and civil rights leaders being murdered as they tried to promote justice for all people.
Notions of racial supremacy are a devil philosophy.
We cannot build a foundation for Love & Inity on a fundamentally evil mentality based in setting one people apart from another.
Whatever some people may have taught or written many, many years ago in frustration over a racist system which appeared hopeless, WE forward in this generation in what is Righteous and True in the Name of His Majesty RastafarI.
WE have learned that our ultimate weapon against the wicked mentality of racial supremacy is JAH LOVE and WE reject the mentality of the devil.
Bob Marley (a man who, in a very poetic symbolism, was of a black skin mother and white skin father) on the subject race relations:
“Me personally, me can’t be prejudiced, me can’t me not think of Life that way because if you’re prejudiced that mean you have a hate. If you have a hate inside of you, you cannot be Righteous……What I really want is that the people come together.”

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI
Email
Haile Selassie I