Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6703&start_row=41

Meaning of Rasta

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: the white rasta Sent: 11/15/2018 5:46:55 PM

perfect example of propaganda:

you literally only use snopes nytimes Politico and other leftist fake news sources..

This is literally my first day on this forum. And you have already tried to establish a pattern of behavior to fit your narrative. Let's look at that for a sec. Why are these outlets that do journalism "fake news"? Because the orange one said so? Give me your scientific basis in fact that this is true. Where is your evidence? Because I know why Trump calls them fake and its not the same reason you do.

Trump has factually lied to the media. He misrepresented him in order to plant false positive stories about himself which then made it look like he was more successful which he then used to get bank loans. Did your right wing news outlets tell you that? Did Infowars tell you that? No, because Alex Jones isn't going to "report" against his own propaganda machine. Trump is also aligned with the National Enquirer and enquiring minds know how little tabloids can be trusted. He himself was involved with getting in the way of real news when he told Pecker to catch and kill stories from women about him. In short, Trump is a con man who uses the media as a weapon of mass destruction. They hyperbolic attacks on the media have only served his agenda; using it as cover for his corruption and ineptitude. Everyone who calls him out on his lawlessness he simply attacks. Why did Acosta get banned just the other day? For being rude? Or for asking questions Trump doesn't like out there. You're being played like a fiddle by someone who, if it weren't for this, I would think was a complete moron.

But anything Trump says you believe. It begs the question. Is there ANYTHING Trump has said that you don't believe or believe to be a lie? Be honest.

You also said "climate change and global warming is completely false"

What scientific studies is your opinion informed by? Because 97% of scientists agree on climate change; at least that it is happening. Normally, right wing people get there panties in knots here denying that humans are contributing and questioning whether a few degrees is even a bad thing. But this denial of science is mainly precipitated by financial interests in the fossil fuel industry. In others words, you have a biased group of people that doesn't want it to be true and doesn't want the MARKETS changing direction as a result. So many new jobs could be created by green technology. We need more solar energy. Solar power is abundant and bigger investments mean cheaper prices, more efficiency, and more widespread use. I see more and more Tesla cars on the road and have test driven one and they are superior cars. But conservatives have a prime directive against progress because they don't always know how to profit from it. And that's why marijuana has been illegal on a federal level. Everyone acts like its dangerous while drunk drivers are putting cars into living rooms.

My theory about Trump is that he cannot mentally calculate cause and effect beyond the most basic action reaction. Any investor knows you buy low and sell high. If you're going to get on a bandwagon be one of the first not the last. There is price that America will pay by not being progressive of energy. You might be well intentioned, trying to save jobs that exist today, but you're killing better jobs of tomorrow. Beyond this, the biggest companies in Green tech will be foreign entities and the prices will be higher. Competition makes better batteries, better everything. But by not participating we're allowing other nations to lap us and then when we're still buying their oil the value of US bonds will drop.

"Again, if you are not getting banned or attacked for what you are reporting but getting pushed and promoted by the system, you are serving the agenda.. i.e Black lives matter."

ROFL. Only if Facebook and Twitter are the arbiters of truth. You can't judge something by whether or not it's attacked. That's simply unwise and illogical. Fox acts as propaganda arm of the Trump white house. They were primary in attacking BLM so by that standard BLM=good? No, you're claiming that everyone who you like is attacked because they're good while others are attacked (and attacked by you) because they're bad. That sound arrogant and incredibly myopic. Facebook and Twitter are private companies that ban out of fear of their user base. Nike made the decision to support the NFL players because minorities made their shoes popular.

Your reality is very skewed and I'm starting to question why you are here.

PS. protesting abortion is not pro-black. You're just picking something you believe that black people should be against. However, I have news for you. Abortion is legal according to biblical precepts and was done as a matter of course when it came to protecting the life of the mother. The abortion issue is divisive and it all comes down to a relative opinion about when cells can be called a person. Because eggs and sperm are alive but programmed by nature itself to expire. Nature is not as pro-life as you are.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 11/15/2018 6:19:38 PM

I find it ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS that your name come across as the white rasta!! That must infuriate you!!

Any way.. you want proof of fake news.. Be careful what you ask for.. you might just get red pilled..

The most harmful fake news is routinely published by the mainstream media. They are the main progenitors of fake news.

– The fake news that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction and that Iraq was involved in 9/11, dutifully regurgitated without question by the mainstream media, resulted in hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqis, thousands of dead and injured U.S. troops, and the destabilization of an entire continent.

– The fake news that the rebels in Syria were “moderates” who did not have jihadist sympathies and should be supported led to the destruction of Syria, Libya and the rise of ISIS.

– The fake news narrative that the media was balanced in its coverage of the presidential election was completely obliterated when Wikileaks emails revealed that countless mainstream media reporters were in bed with the Clinton campaign, feeding them debate questions beforehand and conspiring with Hillary’s staff to portray her in a positive light.

– The fake news that George Zimmerman was obsessed with Trayvon Martin’s race before the altercation that led to Martin’s death was accomplished by means of NBC deceptively editing an audio tape. This incident stoked racial tensions across the country and laid the groundwork for the violent ‘Black Lives Matter’ movement that was to follow.

– The fake news that produced the “hands up, don’t shoot” narrative, which was proven to be completely fraudulent, led to riots, violent attacks and looting in Ferguson, Missouri, as well as numerous other U.S. cities. Even after the rioting began, the mainstream media continued to legitimize the unrest. Fake news outlets continued to parrot the “hands up, don’t shoot” narrative even after it was proven false.

– The fake news that saw innumerable people accused of rape at college campuses across America, claims that were proven wrong, ruined people’s lives and perpetuated the myth (fake news) that one in five women are raped on college campuses.

– The fake news that George W. Bush served dishonorably during his time in the Air National Guard was broadcast by CBS News with the aid of fake documents. In circulating this fake news, CBS tried to influence the 2004 presidential election but only ended up crucifying their own credibility, leading to Dan Rather’s resignation six months later.

– The fake news that NBC anchor Brian Williams faced enemy fire while helicoptering into Iraq in 2003 was exposed when soldiers who were aboard the helicopter blew the whistle on his lies. Despite admittedly putting out fake news, Williams still has a career in broadcast journalism.

– The fake news narrative that Donald Trump somehow represents the next coming of Hitler has provoked a hysterical anti-Trump hate crime wave across America, with people and property being attacked on a routine basis. The same hysterical fake news narrative was also responsible for violence and riots at Trump events throughout the campaign cycle, as well as assassination attempts on Trump’s life.

– The fake news that Donald Trump had no chance whatsoever of winning the presidential election was proudly pushed by countless mainstream media outlets, with the Huffington Post even predicting that Hillary Clinton had a 98% chance of winning the presidency. When this fake news narrative was completely demolished on November 8, it swept away trust in political polling and the mainstream media to an even greater degree, prompting the backlash that you now see with the corporate press calling everyone else “fake news” when they are the real fake news.

– The New York Times
– The Washington Post
– CNN
– NBC News
– MSNBC
– CBS News
– ABC News
– Salon.com
– The Huffington Post
– Rolling Stone
– BBC News
– Sky News
– Financial Times
– Politico
– New York Daily News
– L.A. Times
– USA Today
– US News & World Report
– CBC
– Gawker
– Newsweek
– Time
– Business Insider
– Daily Beast
– VICE
– Yahoo News
– Daily Kos
– Young Turks
– Slate
– NPR
– PBS
– Raw Story
– New Yorker
– Buzzfeed
– MoveOn
– Think Progress
– Media Matters
– Wonkette
– Center for American Progress
– Little Green Footballs
– The Economist

This list is by no means exhaustive, and there are many reporters within these organizations who do not peddle fake news and have spoken out against the mainstream media’s effort to brand dissenting opinion as “fake news”.

For example, Matt Taibbi has called the Washington Post’s fake news blacklist “disgusting” and “shameful”.

Glenn Greenwald, who has worked with several of the organizations on this list in the past, also completely eviscerated the credibility of the “fake news list” being used by the Washington Post.

The entire “fake news” narrative being pushed by the mainstream media has nothing whatsoever to do with concerns over people being misled.

If that were the case, the mainstream media itself would stop habitually lying to the American people and its trustworthiness wouldn’t be in the toilet.

The whole “fake news” narrative is clearly part of a dirty tricks campaign to pressure governments, Google, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other tech giants to censor information that is inconvenient to the establishment, for which the mainstream media serves as a mouthpiece.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 11/15/2018 6:20:48 PM

you probably wont read all of that but make sure you watch that last video.. says it all

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 11/15/2018 7:02:16 PM

Oh! And dont forget about the Brett Kavanaugh supreme court pick saga where the media endlessly ran that he is a serial gang rapist.. Waiting until days before the vote to bring the accusations forward when they had the accusations over 40 days before hand.. It was a fake news strategy to delay the vote and destroy an innocent man.. Lol the accusing women have since said they made the entire thing up and now face charges of their own for perjury!! But the media ran the line 'believe all women' and 'we believe survivors' tirelessly.. Well now it comes out that the lawyer representing these 'charges' was just arrsted for, wait for it, DOMESTIC ABUSE!! He hits women! The biggest virtue signalers are the most hypocritical!!

Yes. Fake news media 100%

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 11/15/2018 10:31:56 PM

You're missing a major fake news media outlet on your list hemphill: infowars

Infowars helped fund and campaigned for trump. They cannot therefore be considered a non-bias news source. They have no credibility. Fake news

Also. Why are InI talking about trump and fake news on this thread titled: "Meaning of Rasta"?

Lets InI reason on the topic of the threads. Lets not turn every thread into trump and maga, fake news, left right... Nuff threads dealing with those topics.

Lets keep InI focus

Jah Love and Guidance

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 11/15/2018 10:47:12 PM

"They have no credibility"

Well then find an article that Infowars put out and then prove it wrong.. From your assessment, this should be very easy.. And I mean go to the site or archive of the site and find one, or two, or three, not just grab some 3rd party hit piece misrepresenting what Infowars reported.. Good luck..

And I am responding to what was asked of me.. Thats why it is on this thread.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 11/16/2018 12:21:55 AM

Mr. Hemphill is on this thread and this website to poison them so that fellowship and reasoning among Rastas is interfered with and impeded; and i must say that, through the use of satan's tricks he's doing a very good job of it.

The devil manifests himself in many ways to fight against spirituality and righteousness. Hemphill is here doing satan's work.

Choose to engage him or chose to ignore him. The devil is a vampire who needs to suck Life from others because he cannot create it himself. Hemphill is here as a parasite.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 11/16/2018 10:47:08 AM

@Nesta1

true dat.

I came here to learn and quickly got distracted.

Thanks.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 11/16/2018 11:09:31 AM

I am your best chance at learning something new.

You love abortion and are a self proclaimed atheist..

Good luck.

NPC says:

This echo chamber, mind controlled group think:

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 11/16/2018 12:14:18 PM

@Nesta1

earlier, on the subject I said the following. Could you respond to it?

First, I'd like to start by saying that I have no right to speak on this and most other subjects here as I'm in the midst of trying to figure out if I can ever claim or be accepted as Rasta. This is my first post so please be gentle if you disagree.

It really depends on how far one is willing to bend the definition to make room for more eccentric mystical opinions of God and divinity. I'm not trying to change Rasta in the slightest because I have the highest respect for it. I don't believe in a personal God the way Christians do. Based on all my research and study I believe in the divinity of humanity. We create Gods. For me God is essentially he majesty of Creation. And I don't mean creation as a product of an intelligent designer. We create gods as an effigy or physical manifestation of the "Energy" or vibrations that we all descend from. And when I think about the power of God or God's will, I personally (as in not trying to convince anyone else) that we are that power because we are born of it, made of it, physical projections of it. That spirit.. or energy... is present in all of us and we lift up those who magnify that power. Therefore it makes absolute sense to worship H.I.M as an example of the power of God.

Everything else... and again... this is an opinion of someone who doesn't deserve to speak... everything else is an extension of this one singular principle. Because if you overstand who you are then it begs the standard of which we apply to God. If you overstand the divinity of humanity how do you justify that which is not love and unity? Not supporting these things to the fullest represents, imho, a lack of understanding of Rasta. And maybe the one who misunderstands is me. I'm open to correction.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I