Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6703&start_row=1

Meaning of Rasta

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Michael6420 Sent: 11/16/2016 9:39:02 PM

Some think Rasta is love, which I agree with. I think love is the way to be closest to the source energy that is Jah. All things of nature are Jah, and it is positive and good. Rasta is to live good and aligned to nature. It is also about accepting our african roots. All people, no matter their race come from africa, because these were the first people. To forgive and love all, even the white man and european culture is to be rasta. All people have black ancestry, and all have white ancestry. So why hate, when InI can forgive and love? To I, this is what rasta is. The chosen people must bring all people together, so why divide with hate and bitterness? This is what the serpent wants. Why give it to him?

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 11/17/2016 8:34:44 AM

Rasta is about Haile Selassie I, Africa, and Black Ipremacy. Whites and other races must acknowledge this.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/17/2016 10:03:25 AM

RASTAFARI IS AN AFRIKAN SPIRITUAL WARRIOR MOVEMENT IN RESISTANCE TO WHITE SUPREMACY

"There are a lot of White people in the Rastafari Movement while the Rastafari Movement is a Black Power Movement. We are talking about Africa for Africans at home and abroad which was coming from Marcus Garvey and which we carried on." - Ras Marcus

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 11/17/2016 11:53:53 AM

Rastafari is a spiritual/religious movement which draws its roots from Christianity, Judaism and African spiritualism. The main tenets of Rastafari are following/living the examples and life set out by Haile Selassie I who we see as Jah/One with Jah/Second coming of Christ/King of all Kings etc. While this does bring with it a very deep connection with spirituality and mysticism, the movement is also equally about fighting political oppression, racism, discrimination, and the upliftment of Africans and restoring their pride,wisdom, power they once had but lost in this racist, white-supremacist society of Babylon we live in today. The "one love" concept is of course imporant, but i urge my white (like me) Rastafarian brothers and sisters whenever i talk with them that they realize these things, and that Rastafari is not a hippy, love, rainbow and unicorn thing.

Messenger: Michael6420 Sent: 11/17/2016 11:31:30 PM

It is not a hippie/rainbow thing. But it is a religion preaching love. Black supremacy is as ignorant as white supremacy. We are all on earth for a reason. To fight oppression and segregation by "segregating" this entire religion has no point. My ancestors may have been slaves, but I was not. I do not hate the white man, I hate the white/european babylon. I hate ignorance, and I hate racial intolerance. My fight is not against a race. It is against the oppression. If I see a white rasta, I know wether he is a true rastafari or not. The color of a man's skin does not define his character. His actions define his character. For this reason, I love all equally, or try to. And I preach black pride, not black supremacy.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/18/2016 12:18:40 AM

TO BE PRO-BLACK DOES NOT MEAN TO BE ANTI-WHITE. TO BE PRO-BLACK MEANS TO BE ANTI-WHITE SUPREMACY.

Black Supremacy or being Afrocentric focuses on the positive and unifying aspects of our culture, history and global Black Family, IN REACTION and RESISTANCE to the EVILS of a white supremacy system. It is NOT with the intention to oppress, suppress and dominate all other cultures.

So why is it that some folks (mostly white folks) feel that being Afrocentric or celebrating Black Supremacy (according to our definition, not the Euro definition) is just like being a White Supremacist?

You will not find Afrocentric or RasTafari (Black Supremacy) promoting the domination of other races, not ever!. When INI focus on issues that affect our Global Afrikan Family, heritage, and our historic and current contributions, it is NOT done at the EXPENSE, DETRIMENT or DESTRUCTION of other races.

It is a natural outgrowth of an oppressed group wanting to find the positive aspects of their culture (and ultimately themselves as individuals) that the dominant culture tries to suppress, erase, or vilify. Therefore, it cannot EVER be equated as White Supremacy.

Not even close.

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 11/18/2016 10:05:31 AM

Real talk RG, Rastafari fyah!

Messenger: Michael6420 Sent: 11/18/2016 9:33:16 PM

That makes a lot of sense. I guess this is something I overlooked. Thank you for the insight. I have met others who don't see it that way, and I guess I was speaking from that perspective.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/18/2016 11:32:19 PM

Yes I...

Each 1 reach/teach 1

RASTAFARI

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 11/24/2016 2:39:04 AM

R.A.S.T.A = Redeemer And Saviour Towards All

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I