Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5628&start_row=11

most I greetings Idren

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 46
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 4/24/2014 7:03:03 PM

Being absence from a relative funeral because of a book sounds limited and religious to I.
Because what matters most is love,and dats the Irit of Selassie I in I.Love,which means you have to pay farewell to the loved ones.

Imagine the havock it will cause when the I doesnt attend the I mother,father,sister,brother funeral.
It wont reveal the true nature of love.

Love is the ultimate,burn religious beliefs and myths,spirituality Iman deal with.

I am not saying InI will not go to a funeral because of a book. InI will not be under the same roof as a dead body because of a VOW InI made unto Jah. I's family had a funeral in the family 2 days ago. Since InI have trod I's path for the past 2 years, some of my family have started to get an Overstanding. Since I have started the trod there has been 3 deaths in the family. Everyone (most) has overstanding of why InI dont go to dem.

The I is correct in what really matters is love. Love is all we need. Although I feel by the I's logic of "Bun dem books, Bun dem beliefs and myths", would the I agree then that we should "bun the words of Selassie I"? Should we "bun the Ible of which HIM put together?" Should we "bun the Kebra Nagast?" Is that what the I means? None of it means anything? InI hope not.

I-man am not one to "mourn" the death of one. InI do not Overstand why one would want to be at a funeral crying over the body of someone. Especially when they profess that when one dies, their Irit leaves and goes to Zion. InI prefer to celebrate life and love of the ones we are closest too. InI feel that you should spend as much time with those that them close too. InI feel that you should celebrate the times spent together. If one truly knows that the I is going to Zion after death, what is the point of crying, when the I should be rejoicing. The body lying in a casket is not the same "person" that you have spent however much time with. It is not possible, the Irit has left and flew away to Zion. The Irit really determines who the I is. Seen?

Does that make sense to the I? This is a very interesting concept you have brought up. One that InI and I wombman have Iditated over for awhile. Still Iditate to this day. I look forward to the I's reply. I-Man thank the I for the post with a difference in Ipinion.

Jah Guide and Direct InI Jah Protect InI

RASTAFARI

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/24/2014 8:18:29 PM

Iman dont 2 2 deal with funeral

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 4/24/2014 8:23:03 PM

So would the I sight up with some or all of InI's reasoning on the matter?

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 4/24/2014 9:56:01 PM

Blessed love Iyahs. Hola Zion Mountain, Iwombman agree that love is the most important, and if showing love means attending a funeral, I will do it. But also that is permissible because Iwombman have taken no Nazarite vow. Brother Ras Nazir (correct?) does keep the Nazarite vow, so attending a funeral is out of the question unless Iman wanna shave locks and burn them up and sacrifice doves, etc. and then start the Iman vow again. Assuming the I doesn't want to do that. And yes King Garveys Africa, Iwombman am also interested to sIght the Iman reasonings on the subject, being that Iman does not keep a Nazarite vow (correct?).
RASpect Kings.

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 4/24/2014 10:17:53 PM

Greetings Jah Child, InI do keep the nazarite vow. It was harder on I in the beginning, becoming easier now as I have grown more accustomed to the vow. I now am trying to Incorporate more and more of the levitical laws into InI Ife. InI am also on the way to going completely Ital. Every time I Incorporate more of the Iya laws into I's Ife I feel much better and I livity raise up. I-man am trying to go completely Ital and trod the Iya mans path better every Iwa. As InI had said before, I was consumed by babylonian ways. Although in that Iwa of InI Ife I did not know any better. Ever since HIM took ahold of I, I have REAL-ized the errors in InI's ways.

All InI can do is take it one day at a time, while making every day better than the previous.

Blessed Love Jah Child. InI thank the I for the post on I's reasoning.

Selassie I JAH RasTafarI

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/24/2014 10:22:02 PM

Having funeral is a cultural thing, I don't really deal wit dem don't really get it. But people deal wit d dead in different ways its d living wha got to deal wit what ever not d dead so if one don't wan go to a funeral then d dead not go b upset far as I kno so I say wat fills ur Irit as d reads Irit is filled already only mayb family mite not overstand but its jus cultural thing. In India sum burn dead bodies let float down d river for animals to get to continue life's cycle. I don't my last sighting of a one to in a casket let me memba dem a live

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 4/24/2014 10:30:26 PM

Seen I-man. Very upfull I-splanation. JAH guide I brudda.

Selassie I

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/24/2014 10:33:44 PM

and yes King Garveys Africa, Iwombman am also interested to sIght the Iman reasonings on the subject, being that Iman does not keep a Nazarite vow (correct?).

^^......Queen, well I don't drink poison water, eat a vegan and ital diet, don't trim shave nor deal in death if thats your criteria for keeping the vow? I am a Nazarite as much as I descend from the same lineage of people as the Israelites and other indigenous peoples of the African continent (of which Israel is a part); and being consecrated or separated ('Nazir') with Rastafari......

But I wouldn't call it a 'Nazarite Vow' and don't live out any of them way because I read so in the Bible......Seen?

With the funeral situation, I said I dont 2 2 deal with funeral. There may be times it is unavoidable which I won't speak on because the power is the word. But my preference would be to not attend. My overstanding of the cyclical nature of life and energy and reabsorbtion of carbon 'flesh' into the earth; with I lack of overstanding of 'death' ......clashes with the mourning, black suit and tie affairs of most funerary processes. I agree with much of VDRz argument, and it is largely a cultural thing. Like a tradition. But the celebration of life, remembrance or whatever ones use it for.... happens within ones self......for I, its much more a private thing.

and Rasta can't dead!

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 4/24/2014 10:37:41 PM

SEEN KING!
Give thanks.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/24/2014 10:42:55 PM

VoodooRuutz Sent: Today 10:22:02 PM
I don't my last sighting of a one to in a casket let me memba dem a live

^^^^^^

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 46

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I