Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5628&start_row=41

most I greetings Idren

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 46
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 4/26/2014 8:19:00 AM

I-man have never hear of second line or repass Ither. Would Ras-man be kind enough to sight up on that for InI?

I 2 have heard of Elder Rastas no go under same roof as death Iyah. InI have read of accounts where Ras-man would no go in the I home Intil death had been removed. Even in cases of the death taking Ras-man mother/father/brother and even dem Idren.

Selassie I RastafarI

Messenger: LijTafari Sent: 4/26/2014 11:09:04 AM

Greetings Ras NazIr.

I believe the elders have taken a Nazarite vow.
Numbers 6:1-9

1 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,

2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When either man or woman shall separate themselves to vow a vow of a Nazarite, to separate themselves unto the Lord:

3 He shall separate himself from wine and strong drink, and shall drink no vinegar of wine, or vinegar of strong drink, neither shall he drink any liquor of grapes, nor eat moist grapes, or dried.

4 All the days of his separation shall he eat nothing that is made of the vine tree, from the kernels even to the husk.

5 All the days of the vow of his separation there shall no razor come upon his head: until the days be fulfilled, in the which he separateth himself unto the Lord, he shall be holy, and shall let the locks of the hair of his head grow.

6 All the days that he separateth himself unto the Lord he shall come at no dead body.

7 He shall not make himself unclean for his father, or for his mother, for his brother, or for his sister, when they die: because the consecration of his God is upon his head.

8 All the days of his separation he is holy unto the Lord.

9 And if any man die very suddenly by him, and he hath defiled the head of his consecration; then he shall shave his head in the day of his cleansing, on the seventh day shall he shave it.

Shalom.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/26/2014 1:32:01 PM

I read about nine night think it was supm big wit d Maroons in JA and it mayb spread out from dem throught JA but dats wat I remember kinda u kno I been to JA.

Ras Nazir d I never hear of d NO secondline? I know BUKOOO NO people deh in GA after hurricane Katrina but it basically a JAZZ (New Orleans Jazz) procession for funerals and during secondline season where dey have dem on Sundays similar to HAITI Rara which prolly is d root of it. d Is ca look up on YouTube "Julio"!

Repass is just a gathering after a funeral at somebody home or other building wit lotta food mayb music but dey use to have d dead in d home for one last viewing but also d word also comes from a French word for da meal or supm like dat. But it deff b more ppl than jus family.
I go to funerals very very seldom but stay way in d back or stay outside but love secondlines to me d second line is more upliftment vs da sorrows of funerals. Only a few years ago I went to I first in well over 10years since 92.

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 4/26/2014 2:03:57 PM

Now that the I Ispained that to I, Iman overstand what the I is reasoning about. InI had never heard it called by any name before. Although, Iman have seen it on the tell-lie-vision before.

Iman thank the I for de sight up.

Praise HIM One JAH one aim one destiny. JAH RastafarI.

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 4/26/2014 3:52:57 PM

@LijTafari Iman do know the nazarite vow. Iman went into deep Iditation before taking the vow. Ever since InI have trod the path of the nazarite InI's life has lIfted up so much. Even when the babylonians that have closed mind shun I, InI know that JAH will never turn away from I.

Praise HIM up. RastaMan Live UP. RastaMan no give up.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/26/2014 4:11:36 PM

Just to correct supm in I post I meant to say "you kno I NEVER been to JA".
Jus clear it dat up.

At one point I was on some Nazarite thing cuz it seemed the way to d most live'I'cated but I ain kno how d vow was propey taken, I kno it's between d I and d Highest I but some thing in d vow to I can't go tru in dese times yah for certain reason but I reasoning on d bible change over time tho!

RASpect to all d live'I'cated ones tru d bible or tru d I'd self!

Anybody ever reason on d Baye Fall of Senegal?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 46

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I