Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=983&start_row=21

What ya think?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 43
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 8/26/2005 4:28:30 AM

Ises

Blessed Love and thanks for this Ila WORD SOUND POWER Iditation, Sis Menen! I like the I vibes hailing up His Majesty without no apology and any ifs or buts, not like these lukewarm people. Give Thanks Iyah

So native root... what a foolishness are you talking about. The Icussion was about that you posted an Interview which you can't stand, which you have outta the internet and never cared for the background, as it seems. So you wanna hide your ignorance by changing the topic and calling me a christafari. What a foolishness you ah deal with? One who does not sight HIM as JAH the Almighty I in Flesh manifestation and still calls himself Ras, tells ME I am a christafari? Oh what a kindergardenbizness.
I'm not interested to argue with you on that childish personal level. All I ask you is to check the Interview in it's original and then tell me again if HIM denied beeing the Almighty! If you can't stand that, if you still must hide in personal childish behaviour to hide your ignorance, if you can't stand a straight Reasoning, then you should run from the fyah before it eats you up to the fullness for spreading such bullshit about I n I God and King most High Quedamawi I.

Just for information, as you seem you don't have any knowledge behind your big mouth. In it's amharic original, HIM nevers said "I am Mortal". This is proofed. So now check what you are really dealing with.

Selah

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 8/26/2005 4:57:28 AM

"Rumours cropped up in Addis Ababa that even Ras Tafari's trusted personal counselors were terrified of HIM, reluctant to shake His hand or gaze directly upon His stark features with its pointed nose, sparsed beard, and penetrating, almost black, eyes, all framed by wild, bushy hair.

Many of his countrymen were reminded of the biblical prophecy that after the Last War is fought a King of Kings out of Jesse's roots would be crowned in the land of David, a man whose eyes are like flames of fire, whose hair is like wool and whose feet are black like burning brass, and that in due course that greatest of all Kings would vanquish Death and proceed with the last Judgement, toppling the thrones of Babylon, and throwing all pretenders to temporal power and their deluded followers into the Void.

Queer tales began to circulate about Tafari's boyhood, the most notable concerning His supposed ability to speak to animals. During His youth, it was claimed, He had on several occasions been conversing in the bush with leopards and lions, the fierce jungle beasts becoming docile at His feet...

Further is was said that as a young student TafarI was quite bright and competent at His lessons, but that He had truly astounded the priests with the depth of His knowledge concerning religious and mystical matters. Not only could He quote freely from the Kebra Negast, but also from the Book of Kufale, the Book of Enoch, the Shepherd of Hermas, Judith, Tobit, Ecclesiasticus, the Matshafa Berhan (Book of Light), the Sixth and Seventh Books of Moses, the Book of Eden (secretly deleted from Genesis during the Dark Ages), all thirty-one books of the Hebrew Bible, the twenty-one canonical books of the New Testament and numerous other apocryphal and pseudepigraphic works.

According to one story, a local priest in Harar had visited the young TafarI shortly after the death of His father and asked Him where He had gained such vast knowledge. TafarI replied that much of it had come to HIM at the moment of His baptism, conducted according to tradition on the fortieth day of His life. The priest who presided at the ceremony had opened TafarI's eyes with the first touch of holy chrism, and everything that ensued was as comprehensible to the infant as if He had been an adult. The priest pronounced His surname, he remembered, and next His baptismal name, and then of course he blew softly in TafarI's face to drive off the evil spirits. At that instant TafarI claimed, He felt Himself enveloped by a golden glow, and as the priest began to anoint HIM, water touching His forehead, breast, shoulders and all of the other thirty-seven presscribed places, He felt His knowledge increase filling HIM up like a vessel and endowing HIM with a great sense of clarity about Creation and the final purpose of man.

However, in the weeks afterward the knowledge and this special sense of lucidity seemed to ebb away. When did it return? the priest inquired. When the birds and the beasts and even the insects began to greet HIM and speak to HIM, reminding HIM of what He already knew, TafarI replied. Which was the first creature to speak to HIM? TafarI requested a sheet of paper and some pastels and began to draw, with extraordinary facility, a picture of a bird. It resembled a dove, but with exotic, multicolored plumage. The priest was about to ask TafarI what sort of bird it was when he was dumbfounded to see the bird fly off the page and out through the nearby window, disappearing into the sky.

Word of the late Governor's strange boy spread rapidly but discreetly through the network of Liqe Kahnat (chief priests) in the provinces, and it is said that they arranged several secret meetings with HIM to question and perhaps catch HIM in what they supposed might be blasphemous mischief or pagan magic. At one of the meetings TafarI is said to have made it plain that He was well acquainted with rare manuscripts of Abba Aragaive and other Coptic monks known as the Nine Saints, who enter Ethiopia in 480 A.D. and founded the first monasteries in Tigre province. He also revealed that He was well acquainted with the occult applications of Urim and Thummim and the Mezuzah, as well as the use of the magic words germatria and notarikon in Egyptian necromancy and also of the magical names Adonay, El and Elohe. He exhibited familiarity with the Cabalistic doctrines, the writings of Gilgamesh, the pagan rituals surrounding the worship of Isis, of the serpent Arwe, and of the Abyssinian gods of Earth (Meder), Sea (Beher) and War (Mahrem), as well as the arcana of astrology and numerology. But most importantly, TafarI exhibited to the priest His understandings of the central messages in the Egyptian Book of Dead and the Egyptian Book of Two Ways.......

At one point, an old abmnet (abbot) allegedly asked to examine TafarI's palms. He saw that there were stigmata there, and that the lifeline circled back upon itself in an emblem of infinity. TafarI whispered a word in the abbot's ear, and all color drained from the old man's face. He left the room, apparently in shock, refusing to return or speak with his colleagues.

TafarI concluded His final session with these scholars and holy men by recounting as vividly as if He had witnessed the events HIMSELF, the story of how King Solomon of Jerusalem had come to know and woo Queen Makeda of Sheba. For uncounted hours, or so it is maintained, the holy men listened with rapt attention, astounded by the young boy's intimate familiarity with these ancient events, without the slightest interruption on their part. TafarI spoke slowly, careful not to skip over any detail, whether it concerned the aspect of a sunrise on a given day and the weather that followed, the architecture and interior design of palaces and the squalor of slaves' hovels, the stinging, chafing dust in the city streets and the heat waves shimmering up from the vast desert basins in the late afternoon, or the dress, speech, manner and even diet of one of the venerable figures who appeared in His narrative. Descriptions of emotions were handled with particular respect, the complexities of various key events were unhurriedly unravelled, and all of it was deftly woven into a tapestry of utterly arresting discourse.....

Humbled by the force and beauty of TafarI's recital, the priest gradually grew jealous and greatly suspicious of the wealth of uncanny detail with which the youth had embellished the biblical stories. They demanded to know the sources of His information.

Instead of replying to the question, TafarI addressed a monk who had served in the Cathedral of Azum, where the Ark is kept. TafarI described to him in hushed tones the Kedusta Kedussan, the Holy of Holies or inner sanctum where the Tabbot - the Ark - is kept, and then recited various inscriptions wriiten upon it. Close to fainting with the shock of what TafarI was disclosing, the monk is said to to have covered his ears to shut out these blasphemous revelations, and he and the rest of the priests hurriedly dispersed.

Later, they made a solemn pact among themselves to do everything within their means to keep the young TafarI from ever gaining power in the land. He was too dangerous, dangerous beyond belief!

****Excepts from the book "Catch a Fire" by Tim White*******

Brother Nyah Japhet,

I man remember this mans reasoning before when InI was burning out the weeds from the wheat, the I said

"Did you ever think about, why HIM never just said straight and clear I AM NOT GOD? Why he alwas answered such questions parable-like?"

This is truly a thought for those of nuke warm temps to think about. Also native root you cannot deny history and its events such as when the vatican returned to full power in 1929 as Chruch and STATE and only a year later His Majesty was crowned to symbolically notify Rome that the Great One has come, and that He is the Earth Rightful ruler not the poop.

Really its this simple. You are on a Rastafarian based message board so coinsidently named, jah-rastafari.com. it seems you are not a Rastafarian, or are you one of those "rastas" who don't belive in Rastafari? (kinda like vegetarians who eat chicken, they aren't vegetarians)

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 8/26/2005 8:05:25 AM

Ises

Give Thanks Iyah for the excerpt. Does the I know from where Timothy White has this Information from? Because I never read his book.

Selah

Messenger: native root Sent: 8/26/2005 12:28:35 PM

funny how three so called rastas know everyhting and anyone who opposes their views are foolish.lolol.
christians keep prayin to gezuz, rastas keep prayin to Selassie and both stay in suffaration.

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 8/26/2005 12:48:22 PM

It is interesting that Sis Mennen mentions in her post "sighting the tradition as the elders have paved ", because there are many on this site who in I view, do not sight Rastafari tradtionally. Some who think Selassie I is JAH, Some who think HIM is a prophet, and some whose philosophies I don't even overstand yet. That dosen't mean I disagree with any one philosophy, it just means that the many views expressed here are far from traditional.

JAH is not a pretenious, cop-out word. It means "God". Whatever that means in the heart of a man or woman is universal, And that should be the glue that binds the faithful together.

Let's talk now about RasTafari tradition as it started. Leonard Howell, one of the first to trod RasTafari, taught that the solution to the black man's problem must come from black people themselves. That was one of the most important foundations of his teachings. He started a resistance toward white people and white authority. Most importantly Rastafari started as a movement for black people

Now let me ask of the I a personal question, if the I dares to answer: How many on this site are Black men or women?
Let I clarify: Being black does not mean that accepting JAH-Rastafari makes one black. It means that one was born black, grew up with black people and suffered as a black person.
Yes, the first person originated in Africa, and that means ancestrally that we are all related to Africans, but that is not what African liberation movements are concerned with. The Rastafari fathers message was more immediate. It dealt with the oppressiion and the suffering of all current members of the African Diaspora, the ones who had been forced into slavery and poverty and the notion that they were inferior because of their black skin. Culture and History is not something one can go shopping at the market for and put on like a pair of clothes. It is not for white people to solve black problems. That completely undermines the intelligence and strength of black people.

And do all the ones here who write with a rural Jamaican rhetoric really Jamaican?

Before any of the I labels I as a "racist", let I say that I am not a Black man, that I take the Rastafari movement seriously, and that I believe in the equality of all peoples. But, yes, I struggle with many things. It is only a fool that gives his allegiance and devotion quickly and without question.

I enjoy the reasonings here and I think anyone can follow RasTafari,
but apply HIM teachings to the perspective of one's own culture and show his Maesty's goodness to one's own people, for His teachings should be spread worldwide. That is where one can be the most effective. It will only achieve more acceptance and Unity.

Also I think there is too much fussing and fighting between brethren here. I will give the feud of Nyah Jahpet and Native root on this topic as an example. Too many calling each other "not a real Rasta". This isn't for anyone to say. Judge not, and don't give in to name-calling and slander. We can only try to overstand each other as best we can. Because I and I view Rastafari differently does not make one man better than the other.

Messenger: IRIE LION Sent: 8/26/2005 12:54:12 PM

BLESSED,

BABYLON BURN DOWN AND WITHER AS THE GREEN HERB LIKE IMAN BLAZE UP AND INGEST IN IMAN CHALICE. I I'S TURN INTO FLAMES OF FIRE, AND SMOKE COMES OUT FROM I NOSTRILS. OUT OF I MOUTH OUTPOURETH THE WORDS OF WISDOM.
ONLY THE WEAKHEART BABYLON CONQUER, WHICH BLIND DEM WEAKHEART FROM SEEING THE LIGHT AND TRUTH. BABYLON BLIND DEM FROM SEEING HIM WITHIN THEMSELVES. SO NO VEX THE WEAKHEART, JUST AS NO VEX BABYLON FOR BOTH BURN INNA FIRE. BABYLON IS PACKED INTO THE KUTCHIE OF JAH CHALICE, AND JAH WILL SMOKE THEM OUT, AND BABYLON WITHER AS THE GREEN HERB.

FYAH BLAZE!

Messenger: native root Sent: 8/26/2005 3:02:30 PM

give thanks osiris.the i's post in full and well rounded.(like the earth!)

ras japhet, osiris is right,lets end this madness and agree to disaagree.

one thing i need to say is that there is no unity.africans fight for african rights,mexicans fight for mexican rights,natives fight for native rights,women fight for womens rights,workers fight for workers rights,animal activists fight for animal rights, enviornmental activists fight for the rights of the enviornment etc etc etc.meanwhile eachothers rights are secondary at best.

until all of us are free, none of us are free

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 8/26/2005 3:24:43 PM

And who do you pray to Native Root, because so far the Christians and Rastafari have a better position then you sitting luke warm with no God. You should be less concerned with who people are praying to and just give thanks that ones and ones are praying, maybe even for you. Again if you don't believe in Rastafari and aren't here to seek further in your faith then bun out. And no Native Root I do not know everything, but I know quite a bit and I am fully prepared to defend I faith, does that offend you? Would you prefer that I just lie down and let you stomp on the blessed name of His Majesty and I faith with babywrong propaganda. You can't stop Rastafari bredren.

To Answer Osirus:

Bredren true Rastafari do follow the way of the elders. You said,

"because there are many on this site who in I view, do not sight Rastafari tradtionally. Some who think Selassie I is JAH, Some who think HIM is a prophet, and some whose philosophies I don't even overstand yet."

Bredren I know ones will argue but anyone who does not confess that Emporer Haile Selassie is Jah Rastafari the Almighty is not a Rastafari! I am tired of this and it must stop because it is causing illusion and confusion. Also not every person is bound to believe every little thing the same. But without even asking I can tell you what any of these real Rasta believe.

Even those who read the same translation of a Bible don't come to the same conclusions. But the basic concepts remain.

And no bredren I am not black and funny enough I happen to be a red headed Italian. And yes I do speak in what you refer to as "Jamaican Rhetoric" which isn't a jamaican language, it is a Rastafari language, it is called the I-talk. You don't have to be Jamaican to speak I-talk, why because what is the Jamaican language? There isn't one. After so many years of Rastafari infuencing the island the people began to pick up this language also known as Iyaric, which is a mix of Ahrmaic and dread talk, I-talk.

I agree that black people must solve black problems. But one of there problems is that white X world, so that is what I fight. Haile Selassie I don't need help to bring His family home, He is God Almighty and through His New Name all things shall flurish.

Like you stated bredren i have no problem with people and other cultures using the teachings of His Majesty as they were put into this world for the world to live by and use. BUT... if they do not confess that Haile Selassie I is the Almighty, IS NOT A RASTA. THIS IS NOT MY OPINION. RASTAFARI SELASSIE I IS A MAN, NOT A MOVEMENT. I KNOW PLENTY OF PEOPLE WHO ARE 100% FOR BLACK LIBERATION AND REPATRIATION AND ARE NOT OF THE RASTAFARI FAITH, THE RASTAFARIANS ARE NOT A MOVEMENT, BUT A GROUP IN THE MOVEMENT. I am not judging anyone bredren, if the water isn't 212 then it's not boiling, if you don't have Selassie I in your heart, your not a Rasta, if you eat chicken or fish, your not a vegetarian.

Haile Selassie I God and King of Ithiopia

Ras Zion

PS- Native Root, there is unity. Rastafari bredren come together and love. You and many others are confusing Unity with uniformity, please don't.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 8/26/2005 4:11:17 PM

Also nyah love,

I do not know where his sources are, but I think that there are footnote for it in his book. I no longer have the book but the I should still go and find a copy because I would also like to have that info again.

Peace

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 8/26/2005 4:25:53 PM

Dreadnut,

Correct bredren, RasTafari is a man, and there is only one Ras Tafari, that is Ras Tafari HIMself.
It dosn't matter what the I says, Rastafarians both old and young sight the divinity of HIM differently. So would that mean there are "real rastas" and many "fake rastas"? Let I ask a question: How does one go about accepting Selassie I into one's heart? How can one tell if Selassie I is in a man's heart? By what he says, or what he does?
The subject of people's relationship with JAH is a complicated one and should be left alone. Not everyone who shouts JAH RasTafari! is a real rasta because it is easy to just talk. Likewise there may be someone who has not even heard or knows about about Selassie I, but is very righteous in his works, and has a deep love of JAH in his heart.
Our hearts speak through our actions, not through our tounges. So whose hearts really contain Selassie I and whose don't?
Is it really that easy to get to Mt. Zion? By just confessing to Selassie I that he is JAH? like the Christians do with Christ? Or does it take a lifelong trod of selfless deeds and humble actions with stoic faith in the Almighty whose identity will sure enough present himself to us on that fateful day!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 43

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I