Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=983&start_row=1

What ya think?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 43
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 8/20/2005 12:53:34 AM

My brother who I have learnt much with tells me, he dont read the Bible only thing he accepts is the 7 Seals. But he Ras TafarI, I asked him over and over you believe in Selassie I you believe his teachings and them teachings automatically leads you to the Bible. He says it dont matter that he find Selassie with out it, but if you believin in Selassie, you believe his word. He tells me he dont believe in Christ and that pretty much he dont think Christ should have died for him.

Im not hear to judge him but how do I fell Ites think about this?

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 8/20/2005 2:01:35 AM

Well, ask yourself this question? Why follow someone as a leader let alone as God if you don't believe what they say or do? Because if you don't believe in those things, yet you say you are a follower, what are you following? Because if you aren't emplemating the works of the one that you claim to come from, then whos works are you doing and trusting in?

Rastafari Selassie I isn't just some cool name that InI chant, we must follow our leader in all His ways or will shall surely loose sight of HIM.

Blessed love

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 8/20/2005 8:59:52 PM

See I dont overstand him because of that but he does follow the Ital rubric. I will talk to him later on and ask him how he follows Ras Tafari, he told me before that he just the loosiner of 7 seals because that is his role to End Times. But then he contradicts himself saying we may die from nuclear weapons. Get back to me, im in Key West right now so I can only get on at certain times.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: native root Sent: 8/20/2005 10:16:15 PM

i see some peoples talking about true rastas fallow HIM words and direction and read the bible and hail jesus and all that.

HIM said not to worship HIM as God.why not fallow those words too?

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 8/21/2005 2:49:19 AM

Hahaha! Do you really believe that He said that? You know you would think that as the DEFENDER OF THE FAITH AND RIGHTOUSNESS, that He would ahve taken the time to say that to INI instead of crowning InI elders for something that they weren't supposed to do. More crapoganda my lord, bun it out. If Haile Selassie crowns people for doing things that aren't right then that would make HIM a fool, but as InI know, His Majesty is the King of kings.

Ras Zion Isis

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 8/21/2005 6:28:04 AM

Ises

Native root, don't talk big around, give a proofed quote or stop spreading such things.

Selah

Messenger: native root Sent: 8/21/2005 2:37:55 PM

talk big around? maybe the i need to read HIM words. everyone know HIM sey ini dont ovas ethiopian custom and that he is not Jah.This is what HIM sey.

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 8/21/2005 3:55:23 PM

Ises

This are the words of Abba Mandefro(Abuna Yesehaq), right? But I asked for HIM words. It shouldn't be difficult to find such a quote, if everybody knows about it, as you say.
Don't talk around. Come with the quote and the source.

Selah

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 8/23/2005 12:32:56 PM

Personally, I think the whole idea of the man called Jesus the Christ having died for the sins of the world is one of the most self rightous loads of bull anybody ever invented. He was a profit sent to free our minds not our souls. This man lived and died to show humanity the way to salvation and the best humanity could do was invent Christianity (which is in and of itself blastphemous). Humanity never could seem to grasp the concept of the flesh suit, but mankind is steadily making technology to rival it. The Bible is a story book (at that I will leave it). The New Testement is a history book. The Quran is a list of instructions. And the Torah is mostly made up. These books were not writen by profits, gods or even channeled. They were written by kings and priests. The government and the church.
Everything you ever need to know is within you, there is no outside. Quantum physics will tell you that. Anywhere that science (truth, not proaganda) and religion differ, always go with science. The word religion is blastphemous, it promotes false phrophecy and worship of idols.
God is bigger than the biggest thing you can imagine, we are microscopic entities. You cannot sin against God. You can only sin against nature, yourself or your fellow beings. God is all that is, was, will be and won't be. Don't fool yourself into thinking you can be "saved" you can only be lost, not saved. If you want paradise be paradise. You cannot change the world by doing anything out there, you can only change things inside of yourself. You are a part of the world, the only part that should matter to you, in fact. If you want the world to be better, then start being better that IS the secret to "salvation".
There is no savior, there never was. There is only a way to salvation, and it leads further down into ones self. Love yourself, you are God.

Messenger: native root Sent: 8/23/2005 4:16:52 PM

"there are millions of Christians throughout the world, your Imperial Majesty, who regard you as the reincarnation of Jesus Christ."-Bill McNeil

"I have heard of that idea. I also met certain Rastafarians. I told them clearly that I am a man, that I am mortal, and that I will be replaced by the oncoming generation, and that they should never make a mistake in assuming or pretending that a human being is emanated from a deity."- Haile Selassie

http://www.jamaicans.com/culture/rasta/interview_popup.htm

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 43

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I