Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6744&start_row=1

White man claim he a Rasta, but InI know he no Rasta

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Black Son of Jah Sent: 12/29/2016 1:40:25 PM

The Rastafarian movement has taken the idea of Ethiopians and incorporated these beliefs and ideas into their everyday life styles. The Rasta’s accepted the idea of Ethiopia as being their savior with the influence of Marcus Garvey. His inspiring words has created an image of God to the Rasta’s:

If the white man has the idea of a white God, let him worship his God as he desires. If the yellow man’s God is of his race let him worship his God as he sees fit. We, as Negroes, have found a new ideal. We Negroes believe in the God of Ethiopia, the everlasting God- God the Son, God the Holy Ghost, the one God of all ages. That is the God in whom we believe, but we shall worship him through the spectacles of Ethiopia.

These words gave the Rastafarian’s hope and motivation to find their God in Ethiopia and have pride in their race. It encouraged the people to believe that they can be their own leaders without the white majority telling them who to worship and follow.

The White man has no rights to the African continet, Rastafari, African Spirituality, or anything else that empowers the great black race. The most hypocritical race on the Earth shall burn with the rest of Babylon. White people of the PAST and TODAY will all have to bow and pay their dues to the mighty African race. The white race has too much blood on its hands to be part of anything but evil. So, the white race will never be accepted in Africa or African spirituality.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 12/29/2016 5:06:47 PM

The I is Right to be suspicious of whites, however not all whites are babylon.

Afrika for the Afrikans!

Messenger: Black Son of Jah Sent: 12/29/2016 5:24:29 PM

At the end of the day whites still benefit from the Babylon system. They still have their white privilege, them claiming to be "rastas" is like dressing up for Halloween. They can always cut their hair and go back into society. InI the black rasta will always be black and have to face discrimination by the white babylon system. Why spot out which white man to trust when his history as proven otherwise. InI would rather risk being stabbed in the back by my own, than the white man who has had the blade in InI back for over 400 years.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/29/2016 5:38:17 PM

This has to be one of the most debated topics I’ve seen in this reasoning forum! LOL

Those who “know I” here, know that I am unapologetically Afrikan, and do not tolerate any whitewashing of INI history or experience. EVER!
Having said that, in my 25+ years trod as a Rasta Queen, and having visited and travelled several continents, I have met Rasta Idren of all different backgrounds and nationalities. Of the many white Rastas I have met over the years, I can tell you that less than 5 have ever struck me as being as “black hearted” as possible, considering their backgrounds. A couple of those are to be found right here in this very forum.

However, they are the EXCEPTION to the rule, so while I wouldn’t want to completely dismiss them, nor do I make a big fuss about it either. What I mean by that is that my focus is on Afrikan Liberation FIRST and FOREMOST. Without apology.

Though they can never KNOW the Afrikan experience , still I give thanks for those FEW white Idren who have recognized and rejected the evils of white supremacy and who acknowledge, honor and respect Mama Afrika, without using RasTafari as a “passport” into INI Kulcha.

Messenger: Black Son of Jah Sent: 12/29/2016 5:49:35 PM

But if they truly understood the plight of the Afrikan and what slavery and racism has done to the black race why would they join the Rastafari movement? It's hard enough trying to get our own black people into the consciousness of who they are, let alone be inviting white people in. Rastafari is supposed to be for the black man/wombman to finally have something of Our own. Also, the only white people I have met in my life that truly understood what slavery and racism has done to the black people are not involved in black/Afrikan culture. They observe from the outside as all whites should do. Because they understand that the black man's history and culture has been stolen, and we need to have something of our own. White people in black movements will never truly understand that. If they understood that then they would start their own white groups to aid black people like Malcolm x was talking about. But they are not doing that they wanna join in. So, I cannot ever put any trust in a white person and I will never accept him.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/29/2016 5:58:40 PM

King. I want the I to do a search in this forum for the topics of "white rasta" "black supremacy" and "burn the bible" and you will be suprise. ShivaJiva has given among the best explanations for the 'black only' cause of this trod if you can find his post too. This is within the 3-4 years I have been here anyway.

In short, the I is right and I could never fight you as a fellow African Panafrican Garveyite RAS. But this argument too beaten for I right a now. Give thankhsssssssssss for the I input still it take new ones to re ignite the necessary flame. Although it always tend to boil down to the fact that people will do and choose as they feel.
Blessed

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/29/2016 6:52:07 PM

I FEEL you brothah Black Son! Your words echo those of many of us.

I thought you might find this very honest post written by a white Rasta interesting:

Rasta Speaks - Black on the Inside

But in retrospect I have to see how I brought my white privilege right into Rasta along with me.

I, like ones here, said, 'Well we all come from Africa so I am African too.' and 'I am a blackheart woman, black on the inside.'

Which is all well and good to say. But too many white 'Rastas' seem to believe that to say it makes it so automatically. This is a folly.

There is no doctrine one can adopt that automatically confers a 'get out of the bad-guy camp free card.' And that includes Rasta.

White people, even ones of conscience and good intentions, are constantly trying to find ways to make themselves feel better about the system of equality from which they benefit.

Putting on dreads and chanting Rastafari is one way many try.

To truly come into one's cosmic blackness requires a level of ruthless self-examination that few whites are really willing to engage, since it means gaining an extensive knowledge of history and rooting out one by one every assumption based on white privilege.

What we see here all the time is ones who come to tell us all that 'JAH has no colour', that 'Rasta means One Love', that race does not matter. And yet they say they are 'black on the inside'.

These same people are most often unwilling to listen and learn from blacks, to study history, or to engage in their own lives the struggle to dismantle this system, instead believing that to 'chant down Babylon' all one has to do is stop combing and take up some exterior trappings and assume a victim mentality in relatiion to the system, saying, 'see how they persecute me for my beliefs. for my ganja. Now I am one of the sufferahs too.'

This position has no integrity. White people have an 'elite' position on this planet, and each and every one of us benefits DIRECTLY from the system of white supremacy. How ridiculous it is for us to play victim.

Our road is a much tougher one than we would like, especially since we are born to believe that all good things are supposed to come easy to us.

Coming here to squabble with blacks about their 'right' to say they Rasta, instead of devoting their lives and their excess funds and excess leisure time to end this evil that pollutes the world. Whites who are aware have the absolute responsibility to educate other whites. And that means, unfortunately, being among other whites probably more than they would like, having embraced this black philosophy.

Rasta is not an exclusive club that insulates its members from the reality of the world as it is. Rasta is not ganja and dreadlocks and reggae shows and feelgood-ism. This is not how matter is redeemed through spirit.

Rasta is a call to a life of serious work. Our very privilege makes this a bitter pill for many. We don't like to work that hard.

White people in general have a tendency to grab things from any spiritual tradition that feels good to them. Accepting Rasta does not automatically guarantee enlightenment or endarkenment or anything else.

Too many 'white Rastas' see themselves as superior to other whites for having the good sense to reject racist and materialist ideologies. But that is simply false pride, and a continuation of the evil worldview that says ANYONE is superior. The whole point of this exercise we call life is to BE, not merely to REPRESENT. And out of that being, to DO.

Messenger: Black Son of Jah Sent: 12/29/2016 7:00:02 PM

Seen, Rasta. I give thanks, and will look it up. It just gets me fired up sometimes..especially being a young black youth in my mid 20's and seeing a lot of the brothers and sisters my age not caring about black consciousness, and the first thing they like to say is don't yall accept white people and want to be peaceful with them.But as you said at the end of the day people can do what they want, and I just choose to not accept it or be around them.

Messenger: Black Son of Jah Sent: 12/29/2016 7:21:44 PM

Seen Empress, I overstand everything you're saying. I agree with alot of your points, and you brought up points I never even thought about it.. InI realize I just identify more with Marcus Garvey philosophy for trodding forward with Rastafari. InI do believe the black race is completely superior to the white race. InI don't believe in one love for all, but one love for the black race, and that's just InI opinion. Every individual is free to see things how they like.

Messenger: Black Son of Jah Sent: 12/29/2016 8:59:42 PM

RastaGoddess, InI just seen you said a white "rasta" perspective..I think the person realizes what the white race has done to the black race, but still doesn't completely understand the Afrikan and like all white people will never understand. For my ancestor's sake it is not enough to be equal to the white man. It makes sense a white person would say no one is superior to another..They must have forgotten their history for a moment. It's like that white person telling me their father burned my house down, so now I been rebuilding it through blood, sweat, and tears, and now he comes back along saying he wants to live peacefully and equally in the new house being built. White people don't realize its NOT enough to say we black people are equal to them. This is where Marcus Garvey's words come to life for the black race, when he tells us we must PROCLAIM OUR SUPERIORITY OF THE BLACK RACE. We don't want to be equal with the white man who enslaved our people. Just with the Ancestors in mind and what they been through, all white people should be glad they are not hanging from trees right now. THEY SHOULD NOT BE TELLING ANYONE ABOUT EQUALITY.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I