Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6744&start_row=61

White man claim he a Rasta, but InI know he no Rasta

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/13/2017 9:44:52 AM

GiveThanks4Life -- Be thankful that GARVEYS AFRICA is willing to patiently reason this topic here with you.. Some might not be so willing to do this again and again..

It seems that you are on a good path citing up HIM Haile Selassie teaching! Cant go wrong with that.. Just make sure to do your due diligence in this reasearch because it is a deeper teaching than one speech that Bob Marley made into a song..

I was of a similar mind until I humbled myself and looked further.. Think of it like this: you cite up The King of Kings and Lord of Lords Haile Selassie. He is The Most High.. A Black man that is the Supreme being.. See it?

Messenger: GiveThanks4Life Sent: 7/14/2017 6:57:22 AM

Dear Garvey's Africa & Hemphill, I don't see colour when I look into another's eyes, I see a human. I work with that. The love for ALL mankind is what should reign supreme in one's efforts to conquer the Babylon system.

A true Rasta doesn't need a political system of supremacy to work from, within, for, or under. A true Rasta uses their own inner guidance (intuition) to avoid the trappings of Babylon and live a good life.

In 25 years, I've seen the Rasta movement become more and more like a religion than a life. From that witness, I feel that I am watching the creation of another Catholic church.

I feel like Hemphill in his words, that I should be basically bow my head to others here, is like kissing the ring of the Pope. I thought this was a reasoning room, not a pulpit or a brainwashing.

After the fire blazes hot enough there is only one colour left in the pit - the Grey of the ashes.

I & I won't be confused by preachings on colour. To believe the spirit that says, 'colour is necessary' is another slave master I say!

All that being said, if a white man still cannot be a Rasta then I put the name Rasta beneath my feet and rise above it.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/14/2017 9:44:42 AM

This is a reasoning forum and a certian amount of due diligence is expected in regards to research.. You say you see no color and through that imply that you are 'color blind'.. Any critical thought will show that this action is a slap in the face to people who have been downpressed because of thier color.. By taking the stance of color blind, you are in effect denying their experience, turning a blind eye and interjecting with your own ideas on how they should conduct themselves.. Which is case and point why H.I.M Haile Selassie produce the Royal Parchment Scroll of Black Supremacy.. Bet you didnt know or care to learn about that one!
It really seems like you are opperating under the premise of some hippy one love mentality and forcing your ideas of equality onto a people that are fighting for JUSTICE! No one is telling you to bow down and kiss the feet of another.. I am telling you that before you speak on issues, you bettet come with hard evidence or an attitude of humility with intentions of gaining knowledge.. Not insisting your version is the most correct and getting defensive when people correct you.

You wonder why a thread would be titled as this one and why 'white' Ras Tafari is viewed in this light? Reflect on your actions thus far.....

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/14/2017 3:15:14 PM

Whether a white man can be a rasta is a different conversation as to rastafari and black supremacy which is where our conversation picked up. Again, since the inception of rastafari,:black supremacy has been a foundation cornerstone of the trod.

By the way, black supremacy is not a political system but a livity and an ideology.

Finally, rastafari could never be beneath any1 feet

Garvey I

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/15/2017 12:16:41 AM

Let me be more specific.. It is not H.I.M Haile Selassie that personaly write or produce the Royal Parchment Scroll of Black Supremacy but a man named Fitz Balintine Pettersburg that write and produce it.. It is, however, noteworthy that inspriation and discipleship of Haile Selassie cause this production.

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 7/15/2017 5:03:53 AM

I think, for most white people, the term Black Supremacy triggers a whole lot of insecurity. And at the root of that insecurity white people think it's about admitting that black people are a superior race. I've seen that arguement made, but not by black Rasta, never the less, white people freak out a little bit over the wordsound.

Trust me, nobody wants you to kiss their ring!

Rastafari was always a black liberation movement from its inception, so in the interest of black upliftment, and in light of "white supremacy" representing so much of the worlds negative energy, why wouldn't black people speak of themselves as being supreme over the "power, authority, and status" of that which has oppressed them....and continues to.

If the current power, authority and status represents something negative, then wouldn't the opposite of it be superior to it? In the most positive way possible!

"All that being said, if a white man still cannot be a Rasta then I put the name Rasta beneath my feet and rise above it."

If a white man's gonna be a Rasta, he better start with a whole lot more humility than that! You don't have to be a Rasta to be a good person, and you don't have to be a Rasta to hail His Majesty as the most high. If you are gonna be a Rasta you better overstand Black Supremacy and get real comfortable with it.

But you've gotta be comforable with yourself first. Then ask yourself why inclusion into a black liberation movement is important to you.

Messenger: GiveThanks4Life Sent: 7/15/2017 6:26:59 AM

Dear Hemphill, in determining skin colour the lines are not clear (grey). Not only 'black' folks know downpression and suffer in the Babylon system. Babylon is in the heart not the skin colour and it can be found in all races, colours, creeds. By not acknowledging colour doesn't make me, 'color blind' it makes me one who asks people to rise above the corruption (racism) which has taught us to divide humanity. When you start looking at skin colour as a definer for a superior race, you are no different than Adolf Hitler.

Equality and justice go hand in hand. That is not a 'hippy' thing.

Don't forget it was 'blacks' that sold out 'blacks' to 'whites'...there was no colonial structure over those traitors to do so at the time either.

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 7/15/2017 6:38:28 AM

!?Damn........that's a slippery slope

Messenger: GiveThanks4Life Sent: 7/15/2017 6:40:45 AM

Dear SunofMan, I didn't say that I would put H.I.M under my feet.

The words 'Black supremacy' don't strike fear in my heart. When one people claims superiority over another.. that affects my heart, but not with fear.

This talk of the 'white man' and all the wickedness he is responsible for is scapegoating. Maybe some Rastas that hold firm to the worldly divides of nationality/colour, need to go and get a firm grasp on the life and death of Jesus Christ first, and then carry on with H.I.M.

Messenger: GiveThanks4Life Sent: 7/15/2017 6:59:13 AM

It is a pipedream to think that if 'Blacks' are liberated from 'Whites' that corruption would disappear and justice would flourish.

Wickedness will always rear its ugly head and attempt to downpress others.

This superiority talk is shameful racism being spread in the name of Rastafari. I feel sorry for the poor lost souls that enter this forum, and end up 'humbling' themselves to error. Another Catholic church all over again...

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I