Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6744&start_row=21

White man claim he a Rasta, but InI know he no Rasta

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 1/1/2017 6:02:04 PM

So are you equally critical of all the black reggae artists that make songs with him? Protoje, Chronix, Ky-Mani, Sizzla and so on? And trust me, you're just beating a dead horse here with that kind of rhetoric. You can say white people can't be Rasta, but InI will still proclaim and chant Rastafari just the same,regardless of what you or anybody says. This has been discussed over and over again, and if you find the threads, you will see reasonings where i and Garveys Africa for example discuss the concept of Black Supremacy, and after his explaining of it i said full support to Black Supremacy! I do not deny the Africanness of Rastafari or its major role within Rastafari, but all this talk where you say rasta is for blacks not white bla bla is just bullshit and you're wasting your time trust me. But to each his own and nuff respect all the same.

Blessed,
Selassie I, Jah Rastafari

Messenger: Black Son of Jah Sent: 1/1/2017 6:11:54 PM

The white man always wants to tell black people what's right. THIS IS THE PROBLEM. THIS IS NOT YOUR CULTURE WHTIE MAN. ALLL YOU WHITE PEOPLE DO IS STEAL AND TAKE, AND WANT TO TELL OTHERS WHAT IS BULLSHIT. Why do you bring up black artist for? Does that change anything white man? I could care less what they do. If they want to deal with you fake BABYLON rastas then so be it. We black people are tired of you taking and stealing from us, and then wanting to talk about no color IN Rastafari.. You don't even know piracy when its right in front of your face. THE WHITE HYPOCRITE RACE.THE TRUTH IS YOU DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH THE REALITY. THE WHITE MAN ALWAYS WANTS TO CALL BULLSHIT WHEN HE HAS TO DEAL WITH THE TRUTH OF HIS PAST AND PRESENT HISTORY.

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 1/1/2017 6:18:55 PM

i have no problem about talking about history but also reality checks are needed every once in a while. Caps locking your message doesn't make you right. I really am sorry that you feel that way, i hope we can find common ground in other subjects that we can agree on.

more love

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/1/2017 6:25:29 PM

Make I bun some fire as this was in relation to I post on alborosie.

Jah Seeker

Alborosie made the statememt of admission that he came.to Jamaica to LEARN the culture and tradition. Not from a white rasta or rasta reggae sympethizer from a euro perspective but he wanted to go inna Jamaica to LEARN it from a Jamaican perspective. Now he sells what he has learned. If you cant see this is appropriation by full definition then are you being ignorant?..... I mean look. Matisharu or whatever his name is, even UB40 for example.... they dont move to Jamaica and make reggae music do they? They stay in their homeland from their own cultural persuasian's interpretation of InI music and traditions. They make their version of reggae which is reggae but with their spin on it and you can hear the difference, a subgenre onto itself. This is hybridisation. This happens all across music and is largely acceptable. But when a man openly admits to entering i to a foreign land to learn a foreign culture and ends up profiting off such.... Appropriation aka piracy. Call a spade a spade!

Please stop here and refer to the link I gave earlier on the white rasta cultural hybridisation

Alborosie is NOTHING special musically either. The fact he has such success is largely because of the fact he is white doing what he does. Think about the vast majority of black highly melanated authentic African / Livaspora artist out there who he is literally boxing the food from the mouths of because they may not fit the media machine of white supremacy as much as 'one of their own'

Man put a big red Fire under Albo. Foreign man come into the Livaspora to make a living money off I culture? High treason. Think if a white EUro bred man entered into Africa and started selling books claiming he is a Dogon for example? He would get a lightnin

Henry Morgan

As far as the artist you name I know some of them share the same view but man will do what he need to earn some corn and try and shift the limelight back onto the black artist. Sometime you need to dance with the devil.

Give thanks I

Messenger: Black Son of Jah Sent: 1/1/2017 6:32:06 PM

The white man feeling sorry..I will never believe that and I know my African ancestors would agree.Caps or not the truth is the truth. White man, None of your words about RACE/EQUALITY/PEACE hold zero weight for the Black African. Therefore, in a movement that was made to combat oppressiveness from whites you have ZERO input.

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 1/1/2017 6:35:38 PM

GA,

I fully understand what you are saying and must admit by the definition of it it can be taken that way. However, honestly i have this additional perspective where for example, if i was musically gifted, and being a Rasta, i personally would go this instant to Jamaica so i could immerse myself fully into the roots, culture, language, people since it is the birthplace of Reggae music. That is InI perspective anyway, but fully understand what you are saying and cannot say that in general these things don't happen where any kind of foreigners "hijack" someone elses culture and use it to their own advantage. All i'm saying that perhaps there is another perspective and side to this, at least in I eyes.

Nuff raspect

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 1/1/2017 6:37:02 PM

Ok BSJ, you have made your stance more than clear and i will respect it. More power to you. Rastafari.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/1/2017 6:44:03 PM

You wouldnt want to make your own spin of the music? Your own style? You would want to emulate what is going on in Jamaica? Theres a difference between inspiration and emulation. This is sad. Jamaicans mostly are not blessed with the opportunities of many western civilisations. For hundreds of thousands, music may be the only glimmer of hope for a legit way of making some corn and avoiding death.

I make the analogy of the herb trade in JA. Everybody nation have herb. But what a wicked thing when the foreigners come in with their foreign money and pull that that brings, to buy up the land and export InI native seed as their own. Leaving InI whe create the thing and reap the thing left with empty hand.

Overstand the white man is known for entering into lands and leaving indigenous people with bible story and false promise while leaving with indigenous treasures.

More respect to musicians who influence and inspire by righteous Jamaican / African rasta.... and leave it there. Inspiration over Imitation.

I will give the brethren back the thread as we gone off topic into musix still. Blessed

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 1/1/2017 6:50:33 PM

yes i would add my own style and message to it, but like the I said i would go for influence and education. And honestly think ALborosie meant this when he said that, because if you listen to his music there are many elements that are different to traditional reggae. That in mind, again i fully agree with you having read a few months ago that American companies are planning to grow, sell and export weed in and from Jamaica, which practically means the real ganjamen them from the bushes and hills will be totally excluded and even more marginalized instead of putting them at the forefront of this industry. Once again it will Babylon corporations over the average man, and this is just evil so i say fyah bun.

Messenger: Black Son of Jah Sent: 1/1/2017 7:09:05 PM

GA, you have way more patience than I have.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I