Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5961&start_row=31

brothers, who can help heal my 'mental illness' ?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 36
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Sister Sent: 1/17/2015 4:16:48 PM

Greetings. Science you say, as maths, cannot essentially be corrupt, same way a gun can’t be violent without a finger of intention, or a bomb wicked without a body to blast. So you’re saying don’t ditch the baby with the bath water? I am trying to overstand where you’re coming from GA as I know you’re say you’re Ras and you are certainly colossally knowledgeable. Drop the box you’re in for a minute and see if you can OVERstand the whole medicine thing. No-one has proclaimed a whole new world order of nothing but tree bark and cheese cloth.

Here’s a quote from a qualified physician (not an unqualified non-professional..)

“You have to understand that medicine is not simply a science. It’s much more than that. It’s also an ideology. It’s a way of looking at human beings. When we look at human beings as individuals without understanding the importance of the social relationships, the emotional, psychological interactions with others, that’s actually a manifestation of the individualistic perspective of the entrepreneur who says that only I matter, and what I gain or what I control matters, and we’re all in competition with one another. So you see that economical, ideological perspective also showing up in its own particular way in the practice of medicine.”
(Gabor Mate)

He also points out, if it needs to come from someone within the profession, that its not helpful to separate the body from the mind or the person from the environment.

I don’t see it as a battle of herbalist versus scientist at all. Looking UP to science isn’t helpful either, I think you agree really.

One Love.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/17/2015 5:15:03 PM

It's all one. There is nothing to trust or believe in with the science of your own physiology. I was responding to the comment that 'medicine' is a wicked thing. Couldn't disagree more. Rastaman by nature is a healer. The man is taking some powerful prescriptive drugs. Are you telling me he should back away from opportunity to learn about what it actually is he is taking scientifically, and the interactions and interference from naturality which are taking place in his own body? and the confirmed dangers of what would happen if he were to stop all a sudden. Or would you advise to turn a blind eye to all that and go with what he feels or hears? He has appointments and is taking their medication already; it's not as if he is starting from a point of ital.

Look into your own health bredda, have one up on the doctor next time you sit down with him. Rasta know themself; study the Babylon and beat the system.

Knowledge is never something to run from, medical knowledge included.

I done with this. Words from His Majesty:

On May 18 , 1959, Their Imperial Majesties
awarded diplomas to students who graduated
from the Haile Selassie I Medical College
and Training Center in Gondar. Below is the
reply of His Imperial Majesty to the speeches
of H.E. Ato Abebe Retta, Minister of Public
Health and of Dr. Brooks Ryde r, Director
Of the College:

"When We laid the foundation for the progress and
development of the country, the fact that granted the
Constitution is in order to strengthen unity so that our
country will be built around the idea of one Emperor and
one Government in which everyone will be conscious of
his duty based upon the principle of one for all and all
for one. We have chosen education as Our primary
concern because we believe that it is the instrument
by which Our aims could be brought to fruition.
The spirit of unity within Ethiopia around one
Emperor emanated from the people of Begemder, and
their patriotic efforts have been crowned with laurels.
We have made it Our constant concern to help them in
their quest for learning for which We have established
the various schools and institutions of learning. Through
education one can keep himself healthy; he can
acquire the knowledge of many other things; but without
health, education and growth of a population are
unattainable. Today when We present you with these
certificates of accomplishment, Our heart over-flows with
joy.
Now that you are to begin the medical and health
profession, We recommend that you work diligently,
for treatment and cure alone is not enough for a country,
prevention is also necessary. The Amhara race must
know that it is an obligation on its part to work in the
technical field, no matter at what level. To preserve
the heritage of one's honour and culture is praiseworthy,
but to exceed the limits may prove detrimental.
We have ventured to say this because it has come to
Our knowledge that there exists here scorn for labour.
We have come here after having laid the foundation stones
for the establishment of a textile factory, a hydroelectric
plant and for a bridge in the development of highways in
order to help in the advancement of the people of
Begemder and Gojjam. Unless the people benefit
through work Our efforts and thoughts will have been in
vain. They will have also violated the wish of the Almighty
that by one's toil he must earn his living. Much cannot
be accomplished in the pursuit of spiritual advancement,
let alone that of material gains, without the help of
technology. Learn! Work! We have established community
education so that both the youth and the adult
may learn. Education and the quest for knowledge
stop only at the grave.

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 1/17/2015 6:27:46 PM

I like that quote Sister.
And I agree GA,that studying can't harm.
Give thanks for JAH words.

Isis

Messenger: Labone.Head of Man Sent: 3/8/2015 1:55:11 AM

On Point

Messenger: confused babylonboy Sent: 3/8/2015 12:27:55 PM

bless and love my i-dren =)
I've been through kinda exactly what u've been experience
and all I man have to say is STAY STRONG RASTA!
give thanks and praises to the most High JAH and seek JAH in music or where ever u find a "peice of heart"
dont ever forget about the most high even through these hard times of tribulation!
And I gotta say that there aint nothing wrong with U, what u've been experienced is "babylon" trying to manipilate u. dont ever listen what dem bad vibes got to say, never EVER!
U are not schizofrenic or psycosic or what ever they wanna call u.
U are a beutiful and a strong soul. some of us are more sensitive and open to these energys around us and are catching up mutch negativity these days. unfortuanlly....
but remember we are the strong ones who are experience this cuz dem others cant take it.
Remember JAH LOVE YOU! MORE THAN U CAN OVERSTAND!!!! :')
and try to stay away from this ya babylon things around like tv or other things as much as u can.
and if the people around u seems like demons some times remember that it aint dem, it is bobbywrong trying manipulate and create caos and sufferings..
and about these chakra things u describe, remember this chakars is just a way to try explain ur counsiousness and all things every one is spitting out about these things really aint true either but there is something in it and it aint nothing bad it is just u getting control of urself "spirtaurally" an d physically, its a very cool thing learning about healing urself and others around u that u love.
as said, remember JAH.
and as also as Iman said above, try to get away these babylon things as mutch as u can even when it comes to your medicine, but if it helps u at the moment then use it but remember what rasta say, DONT EAT IT!
InI know what u been through and InI know the medicine u need is JAH love.
really hope the message gets to I and I get better!
these times is very important that I and I stays Igether and help Ithouter out. keep strong, keep on the I-ditation and healing.
much love and blessings! DONT FORGET TO SEAK JAH
Rastafari.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 3/8/2015 3:52:14 PM

First thing is to know you'd true identity. To name your self and identify as confused Babylon boy is fist thing that you need to Change and realize your true identity.

I am.......I am ___________.

Sat nam( truth is my identity)

If Rastafari is ones identity that ons will have no confusion.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 36

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I