Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5961&start_row=21

brothers, who can help heal my 'mental illness' ?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 36
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RasIndi Sent: 1/17/2015 4:36:51 AM

One thing I don't know how to do is how to tell my doctor that I want to taper and come off the meds, because last time I had the episode I promised my parents that I will not come off meds again, only with the doctor's approval. So I don't know how to get my doctors approval to taper these pills.

Messenger: RasIndi Sent: 1/17/2015 5:42:54 AM

QUOTE: " RasIndi, what the I experienced was not a spiritual experience, it was psychosis. The reason I say this is because of this thing the I said:

-----
My episodes are triggered when I discontinue the use of these dangerous babylon meds.
-----
"

Ark I, the reason why the discontinuation triggered them is that while one takes the meds, all the psychic and mental processes are numbed down, and when I don't take them, the natural processes of my body begin to unfold.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/17/2015 7:08:05 AM

Humble one
Ras Nate.

Medicine is a science and not a philsophy to agree with. It is nearing to ignorant to be a conscious one in this time and not have a deep overstanding into the inner workings of the human body. To research into this why would one exclude what you would call the science of western medicine? Let me first tell you that the root is most definitely African. Nevertheless, if one understands the patterns of behaviour and mechanism of disease which causes the symptoms to be then one is best placed to know how to treat them. This may or may not include pharmaceuticals. A large part of mental health treatment is cognitive therapy - CBT - psychology and talking to the patient as opposed to drugs. Having an understanding from a western and Eastern perspective into the science of the human body does not mean you will then become a slave to the doctor or healthcare system which most definitely is corrupt..... If anything you are Better equipped to fight it! Science is science, there is no corruption in mathematics and physics, it just is. If somebody tells me my mechanic is wrong and something else is wrong with my car, the person I am talking to best have knowledge into the inner workings of the car too....more so than the mechanic! And not hearsay. Haile Selassie I disapproved of western medicine? I guess there were no hospitals in Ethiopia. Tell those who plan to go to shashemane to give medical support to not go, tell those who are helping in Nigeria and Liberia to not bother as we burn science.

Let me take an example, say your with somebody who has an asthma attack. Atopic asthma whereby the onset of the disease is autoimmune / genetic and has nothing to do with lifestyle. Say somebody is having a life threatening asthma attack in front of you. What do you do? No natural food, no herbs, nothing mentioned within the natural healing thread will prevent this person from not being able to breathe. Through an understanding of the mechanism of the human body and of the disease one will know this person needs a bronchodilator as a matter of immediate urgency with some high flow oxygen. Take any other medical emergency (which psychosis can be at times) and if you cannot tell me what you would do to save that life then all this talk of burn 'babylon' medisin and reh reh will mean nothing to a deadman.

But I reiterate. The modern medical overstanding is clearly and unapologetically based on Greek concepts learned from Kemet. Black people have been just as active and Influential on the scientific world of the west since its origin, only not as accredited as our white supremacist counterparts. No more will the Inidigebous people's of this world be held back from their own scientific knowledge.....

Now I'm specifically reasoning on attitudes toward science... And understanding pathophysiology. Don't confuse this with me being in full support of pharmaceuticals which is wrong. The western healthcare SYSTEM has many many many flaws. And maybe that needs to fall. But knowledge is knowledge! Nuclear weapons are wrong but physics isn't. And it will take a physicist to disarm one!

Science, medicine, physics, spirituality = all ONE. Kemetic principle. Priest, scientist, doctor = same profession

That's why I honor ones like Priest Kailash who has western medical (doctor) degrees and training in holistic medicine..... With a local overstanding of bush medicine. He doesn't make one overstanding fight the next. But combines them into one and has opened up a medical centre of excellence in St Lucia as a BoBodread. I don't fight that at all rasta...

Haile

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/17/2015 7:41:40 AM

My kind of psychologist: how would we know of the trans generational effects of post traumatic slave syndrome if sister Joy didnt study and enter the profession of psychology? Now she travels the world liberating the mind of many African and European of such. It's how it is used whe make it wicked or good. Seen?

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 1/17/2015 11:56:39 AM

If you think that we are set for advancement through scientific research then we differ a lot.

The example you gave of someone needing oxygen... There are many herbs that jethro kloss recommends in his book back to eden that one can put in pillows to sniff to reopen the airways. Same for herbs which are grounding for a person with pschosis eg valerian root.

That Babylon chooses not to use these and instead uses synthesized versions is perhaps what leads to further ilness... Further imbalance. And then perhaps these emergency situations.

There are different options, and IMO we should not use synthesized versions.

-----

Does it not occur to you that wildlife manages to create a balanced population without these things?

ATB,

Joe

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 1/17/2015 1:40:49 PM

Nuclear weapons are wrong but physics isn't. And it will take a physicist to disarm one!

But it also took a physicist to create them.So in that case physics is wrong and everyone would be better off without it.Like HIM say science must be balanced with spiritual progress also otherwise it is no good.

I'm not against healing in general king.And there is also a big difference between psychology and psychiatry.I agree that those with mental problems should not be left alone and should be cared for.But I am attacking pharmaceuticals and Dr.Fraud's psychoanalysis and psychiatric nonsense in the western world specifically.Physical medicine and psychiatric medicine cannot be compared because when I have a headache and take some medicine to ease it I can find out how it works exactly and what it does in my body to achieve this goal just as the ones who created this medicine knew when they made it.With psychiatric mediSIN it's different however,because the problem is located somewhere wich cannot be seen or x-rayed therefore it is more of a 50/50 % medicine where anything can go wrong but it will be too late.To Iman personally the soul and mind seem a too precious thing to be messed around with in this manner.

Even psychologists are mostly just doing their job and don't really love their patients(there are exceptions here and there of course..).So if a person was traumatised or molested and became mentally ill or agressive in a wrong way that person may just need warmth and love and not just someone who is doing his job talking to them.Can't buy love.I see the problem as deeper and more complicated with hurt people that it should be solved so easily.

And yes brethren Joe,it's true that there are many herbs that can treat asthma even the holy Herb itself.No need necessarily for synthesized things.

Irie Blessings
Selassie I

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/17/2015 2:19:07 PM

It's just very interesting that two Rasta who use the words and teachings of Haile Selassie to validate their claims on many things even that of being a Rasta. But ignore what Haile Selassie believed strongly about re the advancement of Ethiopia. Science included. Wer're the Rastas wrong for building a hospital in shashemane? By the same logic...

No herb you give to a person in LIFE threatening asthma will cure them kingman they will end up dead if somebody need high flow oxygen and your giving them something to eat..... How long will that take? What your talking about is for asthma maintenance and mild attacks. This is but an example of why freelance holsitic practice from people with no sound background knowledge into human physiology is very dangerous. Look at if the brethren would have stopped his meds all a sudden based of said advice...... Holsitic / natural IS the way. Science merely explains it. Even the bushmen and bushdoctors all over base their practice from years and years and generational observation, and learning from such so they may produce consistent results. Any related spookism belief attached comes later. That is science in its most fundamental form.

Ones are against science and on a Rastafari online forum?

Take the gun. Usually used for evil. But it's not the gun itself whe evil it's the intention of the user. Haile Selassie sat down on a big automatic rifle in full righteousness I know you seen the pic.

How can I fight science when if you dig deep you realise it was the fundamental behind the ancient 'spirituality?' Religion, science, spirituality = one.

And whoever said that it takes a physicist to make a nuclear weapon therefore physics is evil. Imhotep was the first physicist, and he built one of the wonders of the world.....

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/17/2015 2:29:30 PM

Nate what you said about psychologist and the mental health SYSTEM I agree with king. I even agree that to most it is just a job and care not of their patient (especially a Ras).

But that's the wickedness of the PERSON. Not the science. You mean to say if a conscious person had the same knowledge they wouldnt be able to help people?

Science: "The intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment"

To understand the physical and natural world, intellectually, can never be a wicked thing and His Majesty didn't show we so

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 1/17/2015 2:53:45 PM

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 1/17/2015 3:02:02 PM

That's true.

When HIM defended HIM people and fought with a gun it's not evil.
But again if no gun and other wicked weapons had been created then Italy couldn't have done what it did to Ethiopia in the first place neither would the transatlantic slavetrade had happened am I right?

But yes I agree that science can be used for both evil and good and I am not saying science should be abolished completely if that's what you overstood from what i was saying then it's a misunderstanding.As I said HIM said there should be a balance between science and spirituality and morality.And all this scientifical wickedness in the world has come because of lack of those things.People want all things for themselves and don't care about human life and so forth.

Here is the qoute of the King of Kings I was refering to:

"It is only when a people strike an even balance between scientific progress and spiritual and moral advancement that it can be said to possess a wholly perfect and complete personality and not a lopsided one."

And As I was saying about psychologists,yes there are always exceptions king.
Finally about physics,I also didn't say it is always bad in general but what I'm saying is that in the case of nuclear weaopons it would be better for it not to have been evolved to that point.Now Imanity is constantly at risk of being destroyed forever.I overstand it comes down to the people and not the things discovered themsleves again,but since we are living in a world where those who have the power are lacking love and overstanding it would be better for it not to have been discovered.
That's all I'm saying.The world and the wicked people who have got these things in their hands may be the main problem as you are saying and this also needs solving of course.But it would be much better would it be possible to solve these things without them already having the power to destroy all Imanity if they want to.

JAH LIVE

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 36

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I