Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5961&start_row=1

brothers, who can help heal my 'mental illness' ?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 36
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RasIndi Sent: 1/15/2015 8:31:20 AM

Greetings Jah people!

I've been hospitalized in a mental institution 3 times. They say I have psychosis and have to take babylon meds all my life. I know these states that they call psychosis, even though they are weird and uncontrollable, I found them to be spiritual as well. In these states I realized that I am Rastafari and received my spiritual name from Jah. I do not want to take babylon meds all my life and suppress my spirituality and have all these bad side effects from them. But I don't know how. I want to heal naturally and be able to function in the world too.

Can anyone suggest somebody that can help InI?

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 1/15/2015 8:39:37 AM

A question, which western world country does the I live in?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/15/2015 9:12:20 AM

Psychosis is a symptom and not a diagnosis. What is the cause of the psychosis? Depression? Schizophrenia? Bipolar disease? or have they not given you a cause? Which would be very suspect of the healthcare practitioner

Whatever you do, try and treat the cause of the psychosis rather than just to use antipsychotics. This may or may not involve what you would refer to as babylon medication. All medicines, natural and synthetic carry side effects.

A little more information into what it is that occurs when you have an 'episode' and into the background of any related mental health issues and diagnosis would help.

Haile

Messenger: RasIndi Sent: 1/15/2015 10:02:54 AM

I live in Moldova (Europe). But I would even consider flying to Jamaica or another place if I knew for sure that I could get help there. The doctors did not attribute any other diagnosis, just this one. But this is a developing country that I live in, and the medical system is not very good.

I can tell you more about this if it will help, just tell me what the I need to know.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/15/2015 10:19:36 AM

OK then what exactly is being labelled as psychotic? Your thoughts? Your actions? Visions? Beliefs? And how often are you having these episodes? Explain more and then there will be a better chance of finding help

Hail Jah

Messenger: RasIndi Sent: 1/15/2015 11:02:48 AM

Last time I had a psychotic episode I was doing this rituals in my room, covering myself with a sheet, spitting all over the place, not sleeping the whole night, just praying and doing weird stuff, also having visions. I was also hearing voices like some people were talking about me far away. I felt like I was supposed to go through these rituals, and I could even stop if I wanted but I felt like I had to do this in order to purify. But my parents considered these actions crazy, and also the fact that I was fasting for 3 days on water, and being vegetarian and stuff. I also had these energy experiences with energy pulsating through all my chakras going up toward the crown and back to the base of the spine. I also felt like my root chakra opened up during this time, I felt like it was popped open and light went through it, and then energy was flowing from the earth like water into my root chakra. I had these rituals/meditations during this time that I also consider cleansing and spiritual, but my parents called the ambulance and I was locked in the yard for 1 month and recently got out.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/15/2015 11:38:33 AM

Why were you spitting and wrapped in a sheet? How do you explain the weird stuff which you label yourself as weird? Were you not in control of yourself?

Hearing voices and seeing things? You feel these hallucinations are something divine, something spiritual? Rather than something medically wrong with you?

If so...

Why we're the voices talking about you?

This seems like paranoid schizophrenia.

Do you take any drugs? Do you have a family history of mental illness? What drugs have they prescribed? What triggers your episodes? Again, looking for any potential causes.....

cognitive treatments:
http://www.theguardian.com/science/blog/2014/mar/07/treat-schizophrenia-
antipsychotics-drugs-cognitive-therapy
(minus the spaces)

also vitamins A,C and E play an important role in mental stability.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/15/2015 11:41:32 AM

On a seperate note, the chakras, the vegetarianism, etc are all fine. But maybe you should explain these to your parents and why you are doing them....... as these things do not make you mad...... but can be seen as contributing factors to people who don't live so.

as for the rituals..... if the last episode was during a ritual then maybe you should stop?

Or find a next way to express yourself spiritually

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/15/2015 11:48:59 AM

Also, once you have an overstanding into the pathophysiology / mechanism of your diagnosis.....up to and better than the doctors overstanding, you will feel much more comfortable at playing the game and controlling your own treatment.

Remember everything you say to babylon can and willl be used against you...... play it smart. I know a Rasta who isn't mad in any sense, but has strong beliefs.......... and has been sectioned because of it. As I told him, your beliefs are your beliefs but no need to give them up so willingly and reveal them to the babylon...... he could have masked them & gone through but thats another reasoning.

Haile I
and Good luck.

Oh, and don't believe everything you read from the holistic / natural healing brigade. Some of that stuff can be just as dangerous and its your Life theyre messing with. The best option is for you to really research for yourself

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 1/16/2015 3:13:36 AM

Dear RasIndi,

What is your diet like at the moment? Because an un natural diet may exacerbate anything.

But please, I have no experience beyond my personal experience, and I do not want to mislead you, so I cannot give any help other than addressing your diet (if needs be).

You talk about visions. Please explain more.

I wish you the very best and am sorry that I cannot give specific help,

All the best,

Joe

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 36

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I