Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5604&start_row=61

Diet as according to scripture

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 85
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 2/6/2016 7:07:01 PM

ITAL Livity has absolutely nothing to do with race. This, I'm sure we all agree on.

The point being missed is that misinterpretation of Afrikan OUR-STORY, traditions and cultural livity does have a historical pattern that in fact DOES have much to do with race.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 2/6/2016 9:51:40 PM

Evolution. What is realy yo problem now? What I was mentionoing is a fact. Did I say Ital is about race? Yu asking about oneness? Troding oneness doesn't mean I cannot mention de common mistake dat many white brothers (especialy de young ones) in dis forum make. He is wrong, yu know dat but instead of rebuking him yu conndone his disrespect & come with yo grudges against I. Why are yu condoning his acts anyway?

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 2/7/2016 1:05:07 AM

Evolution & Jah Seeker. I suggest both of yu go read de thread dat seh " when strangers come to our village". Some of de things de elder condems are de very same thhings done by Jah Seeker dat yu Evolution condone. RASTA is a Black liberation movement. Ital livity is part of de RASTA trod. Yu haffe know de role dat yu supposed to play as a white RASTA. Now dat both of yu have chosen to be part of a Black movement then yu haffe help effect Black liberarion instead of tryin to redefine concepts

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 2/7/2016 3:20:42 AM

You are not the gatekeeper of Rasta and this is the last (respectful) answer you will get from me. First of all, you brought race into by mentioning that i am a white rasta who is trying to change Rasta or whatever.

Secondly, Ital within Rastafari is understood as the refraining of one from consuming any flesh or dairy products, i.e. not consuming any animal or any product of an animal. Strictly natural and organic, fruits, vegetables, herbs and plants only. Listen carefully, I AM NOT CHANGING THAT MEANING OR SAYING THAT IS WRONG. SEEN?

All i said was that i have a different understanding of Ital and how i view what that word should be. You do not have to agree, and i am not changing or trying to change the meaning so stop accusing me of trying to change the Ital livity or emphasize my ''whiteness''. You want to reason about any topic? i will respectfully accept and challenge you, but i can still keep it respectful, we are here to learn and express opinions not war over petty things and misunderstandings, please try and overs for once what i am saying.

Blessed love, Haile Selassie I.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 2/7/2016 6:40:35 AM

Yes I brother. Dis is not war but a reasoning. I'm glad dat yu have eventualy mentioned what ital is amongst Rastafari people. I know yu have yo own view dat is different from de meaning of Ital to RASTA and I do respect yo right to yo own view, but fo de sake of overstanding amongst ones & ones just use de word fo de RASTA meaning. Dis thread is not even about Ital but is about diet according to scripture. Ital is not diet according to scripture so yu should just stick to de topic.

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 2/7/2016 7:11:52 AM

Ok, this tone i accept. Let's continue reasoning in the future with a more peaceful approach.

Blessed love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/7/2016 9:22:47 AM

Why do you feel that you can't just accept a well defined word, and that you need to redefine Ital according to how you want to see it? Whether or not you want to admit it, it is disrespect to RasTafarI people, even to those who don't eat Ital, because they still accept and respect what Ital means.

Like what Black Heart said, do you also think halal (or kosher) should have a different meaning according to your desire? And why do you accept the meaning of vegan (as you mentioned) without the desire to redefine it, but you can't accept the word Ital with its original definition.

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 2/7/2016 9:42:56 AM

Ark I, what is your problem brother? Where did i say i want to redefine it? I simply said i have a different view and overstanding of it, seen? Calm down.

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 2/7/2016 9:51:43 AM

Has this become a place where freedom of speech and right to different opinion have become forbidden? I voiced my opinion, you can say that you don't agree or that i am not right but that is it,this has become harassing. False accusations are actually illegal, and nowhere did i intend to change the meaning of anything, i am stating my view on it that is all. If this is a place where you can no longer reason openly i am gone. Back off!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/7/2016 10:37:08 AM

So why don't you choose to have a different view and understanding of the word vegan, why is that word acceptable for you as it is, but Ital is not.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 85

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I