Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5604&start_row=21

Diet as according to scripture

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 85
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/15/2014 2:52:26 PM

The China Study

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/15/2014 7:40:35 PM

Gi tANKHs I, ma get deh book deh!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/16/2014 12:25:55 AM

Regarding the length of intestines, teeth, etc. Both flesh eaters and vegetarians use those comparisons to support their view that humans should or should not eat flesh. The reason they both can use the same comparisons to support opposite views is because human intestines are longer than carnivores and shorter than herbivores, our teeth have properties that are suitable for flesh and vegetation.

RasTafarI people are not supposed to eat flesh, it is an obstacle to I and I Iritual heights. Nazarites are supposed to stay away from dead flesh for the same reason. Even though Nazarites and RasTafarI people are not exactly the same, we are the same kind of people, just as I and I are similar to the Bahtawi, Sadhus and other hola man from other nations.

Even though flesh is not for I and I, it is not wrong for other people to eat it. The only problem is that people eat too much flesh and not enough vegetables.

Regarding the Nazarite vow and staying away from the vine. The word wine comes from the Latin vinum, and most European countries call it something similar, like vin, vino and other variations. Considering the context in the Nazarite vow and the word vine being derived from latin vinea, which refers to grape vineyards, I always considered it to be referring specifically to the grape vine.

Here is a Reasoning I made before that show how I found out why I and I should stay away from grapes.

----------------
Some RasTafarI observe the Nazarite vow, at least in part. The purpose of the Nazarite vow is to separate yourself unto God, to be holy.

When I first started my trod with RasTafarI, I didn't know why the grape was singled out as something I and I should stay away from. Even though I didn't know, I accepted it anyway and abstained from anything from the grape vine, and stayed away from all alcohol and flesh.

After a couple of years, I started asking Jah to show I why I shouldn't eat grapes. He finally gave I the answer one summer.

A few years ago, I was visiting my parents in a small town where I used to live, in Canada. I went to a park there that I have been to often in the past, and sat down and had some Ganja.

As I was sitting an old Mexican man started walking in my direction. Birds followed him as he came towards I. The Mexican man looked like a homeless man, I never saw him before in my life and I never saw him again afterward. And it is strange for something like this to happen in that town, because their was only one lady that appears homeless in that city, and even she wasn't really a vagrant, because she owned property, but she was poor.

The man asked if he could sit down beside I, and I said "OK". He said to I, "The birds followed me here, I can talk to the birds, you know". He then started speaking in Spanish to the birds. I noticed one of the birds walking in a shy kind of manner and the man said to I, "that one is shy".

The town is off of the St.Lawrence River in Canada. He pointed across the river towards the U.S.A and said to I, "you want to fight them" and then he shook his head and said, "the fight is not there, it is here" while pointing to his head.

He then held up a paper bag that had a can of beer in it and said, "I sometimes drink beer, but I don't like to drink wine because it brings down my powers"

So this was the answer to I question. There must be some property in grape that hinders I and I spiritual powers. For a Nazarite, this is unacceptable, because I and I are to be separated unto Jah and be holy.

But the spirit is more powerful than any physical thing, so it is not necessary to stay away from certain foods, but I think it is helpfull for a spiritual movement.
-----------------

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 4/16/2014 4:38:44 AM

" And Rasta have nothing to do with
food. Rasta is about living in
Righteousness and having a
Conscience about truth."

So if One has Conscience about truth,why cant then the konshens play the part of telling One dat truth flesh eating is not healthy spiritually and physically for the body,mind and soul.

I dont see the Consciousness about Truth if one supports flesh eating,especially amongst I and I Rastafari.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 4/16/2014 11:49:34 AM

Give thanks for these reasonings Kings. Iyah Ark I, this is interesting about grapes, but still I wonder, what is it about the grape that brings down the Irit? For I as a wombman eating vegan, iron is so important, and raisins are one of the most iron-rich foods. Discontinuing to eat raisins would have to have a pretty good reason. I have never noticed an Iritual interference from eating raisins, but possibly this is because I have always eaten them.
Give thANKHs for life JAH Rastafari.

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 4/16/2014 12:25:00 PM

RastafarI is The Revelation if Yeshua Christ, which is the Irit of Prophecy, the Manufestation of Almighty God in Flesh of Mankind, To Lead by Example and Set Precedence Of, By and for Right, and the Sign is the Action. Judgement.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/16/2014 2:33:56 PM

Most dry fruits are pretty high in iron, and raisins are not the highest when compared to other dried fruits. Seeds and nuts are higher in iron than dried fruit and seeds are usually higher than nuts.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 4/17/2014 11:28:41 AM

Give thanks Ras Ark I. I have been reading different things over the years in regards to iron in plants.
This article on vegetarian/vegan iron sources is more comprehensive than a lot of things I have seen. I didn't know the difference between heme and non-heme iron sources is actually an ease of absorbtion. I read once that the iron in spinach is indigestable for humans, but this article explains that it IS digestable as long as vitamin C is eaten with it, and coffee and tea are avoided for several hours beforehand. And it also explains that all plant iron is non-heme, not only spinach. The article makes it simple to overstand.
Still, raisins and grapes have no issue for I. If I followed Torah, I would have been killed already for cooking and exercising on Shabbat, and I would have eaten lamb this past week (for Passover). I am not following Torah, although I study plenty. I AM set apart as a hola child and servant and warrior of JAH, but not because of any Nazarite vow - I am set apart because of the Irit within I which leads I to live and love purely.
Bless-sings and peace I&I.
JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 4/17/2014 1:40:50 PM

But the spirit is more powerful than any physical thing,therefore it's not necessary to stay away from certain foods, but I think it is helpfull for a spiritual movement.

Yes Ark I.I think it's great the I mentioned this in the end of the I's reasoning.

Some time ago Iman used to drink some wine sometimes,and I was aware of the Nazarite vow and the grape thing,but I didn't really take heed or think it was important.Coz I didn't Iverstand why grapes could be bad for I,and also I knew that some Rastas drink wine .And then I read the I's reasoning about grapes bringing down the Irit,and I stoped to drink wine.I noticed that after not drinking wine I Irit really did rise easier.But maybe this is also all about FAITH.Just like the I explained to Iman about Ier Irits on the Sabbath becoz of I faith that it is so...

Anyway,Give thanks for sharing the I's experience and explaining to InI why the vow could include not eating grapes.

JAH child,true word sound Empress.It is the Irit within InI that make InI Rasta,and not any biblical vow.And it's not what goes in that defiles but what comes out from within.

So it's true that InI don't blindly follow all the things written in the book like in religion.But I am also sure that some of the vows and instructions have a certain purpose,while other things could be triviality based on imperfection of the human mind.

BLESSED LOVE
RasTafarI

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/17/2014 2:43:13 PM

I am what I eat

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 85

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I