Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4076&start_row=21

Homosexuality

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 69
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: soulsurvivor Sent: 10/6/2010 10:49:58 AM

thats a loaded question if ever I heard one, very crafty brother coz if i say yes then i have dug myself a pit, but im gonna say yes at this point of overstanding coz InI am still not convinced that the god you speak of is my God. did not the Christ say that the Law was created for man rather than man created for the Law?

the thing with all the bits about homosexuality and contraception etc. in the bible ( and other religious books) is that you have to take them in context with when they were written. infant mortality was a hell of a lot higher and it was written for a minority group who were to try and increase their populace. of course if you had two kids with a one in five chance of surviving, a life expectancy of thirty odd and wanted to carry on your name and increase the number of YOUR religion it would be preferable to you at the time if they were not gay or using contraception (or in fact women who would lose the family name!) purely for practical reasons. i do wonder if they would worry so much about homosexuality if men could conceive- all the religions do seem engaged in a breeding race which explains alot about the womens position in these books as empowered/ equal women tend to want to do more than just breed!
why do religions seem to highlight the (pretty minimal) differences instead of working on the bits they have in common-why are most of the different names for god selfish and require blind obedience instead of saying " if we all agree that Jah/Allah/etc says help those who need help, lets all get on with it, with the money all the religions store between them there'd be no child poverty any more . in the formation of churches/mosques etc people have become less interested in their relationship with their god and what they should be doing and more interested in being seen to believe /keeping up with the jones' almost.

Messenger: soulsurvivor Sent: 10/6/2010 11:11:42 AM

sorry sister Roots, but your right i still dont have overstanding
I never have to "crack the whip" INI just crack my two edged sword an that is all it takes to keep my kids in order an I would stand by them unto death even if it means InI have to be burned along side my son. I will most probably suffer that fate according to some of you on hear, plus i am covered in Tattoos(my trade)another "Taboo" spoken of in leviticus. When will folk get over some of the "traditions" of the past?
everyone is learning who they are, but some of us become puffed up an self righteous(i'm not saying you are)an end up giving thanks an praises to themselves, InI IS JUST TRYING TO OVERSTAND an if its Jahs Will then InI (an mi sons)will come to the seat of the righteous, the thing is we is all in our own time.

Jah Bless

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 10/6/2010 11:25:58 AM

First and foremost I would like to state that there is but ONE GOD.

So if the One True God, The Power and Might of the Most Holy Trinity, Haile Selassie 1st which is MY GOD - is not yours, well whom are you singing your prayers to then...? Everyone want to go to Heaven/ZION but them don't want to come to God/HAILE SELASSIE I

And the Black Christ-in-flesh, The Lord of the Sabbath, said these things regarding the Sabbath & The Law:

MARK 2:27 - "And He said unto them: The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath."

MATTHEW CHAPTER 5, VERSE 17-30, Relation of Christ to the Law:

5:17
"THINK NOT THAT I AM COME TO DESTROY THE LAW, OR THE PROPHETS:
I AM NOT COME TO DESTROY - BUT TO FULFILL!"

5:18
"FOR VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU; TILL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS, ONE JOT OR ONE TITTLE SHALL IN NO WISE PASS FROM THE LAW TILL ALL BE FULFILLED"

5:19
"WHOSOEVER THEREFORE SHALL BREAK ONE OF THESE LEAST COMMANDMENTS, AND SHALL TEACH MEN SO, HE SHALL BE CALLED THE LEAST IN THE KINGDOM OF ZION: BUT WHOSOEVER SHALL DO AND TEACH THEM, THE SAME SHALL BE CALLED GREAT IN THE KINGDOM OF ZION"

Hope this word sound bring clearance to the I.

Somebody's wrong.

Not the Bible.

Blessed love!

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 10/6/2010 12:13:43 PM

this fool still talking?

lets see wha him a say

"the same old threats"
who threatened him ??? why, because ini burn fyah pon homosexuality ?
hahaha, remember, this is the same man who came here saying he is afraid his son is going to hell, so obviuosly he must think something wrong with it lol,,,,so why is he mad at we ?

"no wonder the Christ was crucified cos you are filled with THE SAME sectarian hatred that nailed him to the cross"
lol, fisrt he compares racism against black people to the condemnation of homosexuality, now he compares it to Christ lol, oookay

"who are you to condemn someone elses way of life, i guess you will blame it on Jah "
no you eediat, no need to blame no one, we are not the ones condemning homosexulaity, Life condemns it

"Some of you cant even get past foregiving people of their trespasses as you forgive them."
Everyone can be forgiven for their sins, but without repentance and living right, there is no forgiveness while yuh continue your corruption

"All this fire burn is just the work of satan in you , cos you are so insecure in your beliefs that you have to go around curseing good folk"

The Fire is not for cursing, nor is it for harming anyone, the Fire is for purging and purification....so "good folks" have no worries fi di fire, its only the heathen who have dem guilty conscious pon dem minds who run and hide and when they see the fire and start talking about, dont judge me, eddieat

"i suggest you study a bit harder "bwoys"an sit up an pay attention to HIM an what His "true" message was/is."
lol, Jah people, doesnt that just mek yuh go wow lol

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"
lol, what does dat have to do with anything ?? why is this fool talking like anyone threatened violence on him or his offspring ?
Instead of spouting words that dont mean anything, yuh might try to remember a word like this, And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell

wha else this fool saying ?

"if you reread my post you will see that InI said "some"not "all" rasta curse InI son with fyah an yes I too am guilty of speaking up in defence of my son, what Father wouldnt?"
smh....blind man...there is no need for you to defend your son, because no one is talking or wants to talk about or against your son.
Ini will just just burn fire on the sins your son is partaking and burn fire pon his corruption....and yuh cant defend dat lol yuh can try, but yuh cant

"InI suggest you recap on the whole thread of "batty bwoy" an then the I will see all the judgemental threats of Fyah burn made by the sons of "men""
listen eddiat, a threat is when someone says, im going to do something to you, no one said dat, so stop your noise. Ini are not saying we a go burn fire, we burn the fire already, so how is that a threat lol dumbass

"Plus InI never chasten my children with violence,"

Di daughter said "in amerikkka dem call it violence or abuse but in Ifrika is another ting. dem call it 'discipline'."
so it go
dem people never learn
"He that spareth his rod hateth his son:" remember mi done tell yuh dat

lol, ex new age....yeah right

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/6/2010 12:28:29 PM

survivor, you are a fake actor coming here with lies and illusion.

-----------------
I am conscerned about it tho as the thought of my son going to hell is something i cant come to terms with.
does anyone have any suggestions?
-----------------

Looks like you are more concerned in defending his wickedness. If you want to defend your son's suicide, that is your business, but don't try to convince I and I to think like you.

In regards to these comments
-----------------
Rasta's ha!
-----------------
to all the real Rasta's that spoke up against discrimination (against batty boys)
Respect!!!
-----------------

Why do these outsider always think that they know RasTafarI better than RasTafarI people do. I and I will never be defined by you. Real RasTafarI people speak against wickedness and sin, without fearing babylon and their disapproval of God's Laws.

Just like you make presumptions about I and I, you make presumptions about God, make believing that God is like you. As the Most High says,

---------
Psalms 50
[16] But unto the wicked God saith, What hast thou to do to declare my statutes, or that thou shouldest take my covenant in thy mouth?
[17] Seeing thou hatest instruction, and castest my words behind thee.
[18] When thou sawest a thief, then thou consentedst with him, and hast been partaker with adulterers.
[19] Thou givest thy mouth to evil, and thy tongue frameth deceit.
[20] Thou sittest and speakest against thy brother; thou slanderest thine own mother's son.
[21] These things hast thou done, and I kept silence; thou thoughtest that I was altogether such an one as thyself: but I will reprove thee, and set them in order before thine eyes.
[22] Now consider this, ye that forget God, lest I tear you in pieces, and there be none to deliver.
[23] Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.
---------

In regards to this
------
did not the Christ say that the Law was created for man rather than man created for the Law?
------
Actually Christ said that the Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath, he didn't say Law.

And even if you wanted to use Law in that statement, it is all the same. The Law against batty boys is for the good of man and woman. Homosexuality is a disrespect to our Creator, the Living God of the Living.

Also, the ways of Christ are even more strict then the ways of Moses. So don't try to use Christ to excuse your wickedness. Christ said.

---------
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
---------

He gave I and I the highest Standard, as I and I Father which is in heaven is perfect. Perfect Livity

He also said,

---------
Matthew 5
27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
---------

Christ not only taught I and I to not perform actions against the Law, He taught I and I to not even think wickedness.

The reason for that is because of this, from a previous reasoning
-----------------
If I and I only resist the physical manifestation of wickedness then the temptation will never be defeated. As long as the thought is there, it is possible for it to manifest into physical actions. So I and I must resist the thought of temptation, because if I and I don't allow the thought to arise, then I and I can no longer be tempted by it because it is blazed and defeated
-----------------

It is funny that you want to compare I and I to the wicked who did wickedness to the First Nations people, when it is those same wicked people who are trying to convince the world to accept batty boys and stop seeing their wickedness as sin.

And again, just as you disrespected the African race by comparing their race to sexual perversion and sin, you are also disrespecting the First Nations by comparing their race to sexual perversion and sin.

All the excuses people make for homosexuality are also made for pedaphiles. They say the same things like it is not a choice, but they were just born that way. I wonder when babylon will start trying to make I and I redefine the sin of pedophilia and no longer call it a sin.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/6/2010 12:32:33 PM

Fikre Jahnhoi said,
----------
The Fire is not for cursing, nor is it for harming anyone, the Fire is for purging and purification....so "good folks" have no worries fi di fire, its only the heathen who have dem guilty conscious pon dem minds who run and hide and when they see the fire and start talking about, dont judge me, eddieat
----------

Yes I, as I Reasoned before

--------------------

I sight Fire as a good thing, because it burns the wickedness inside and outside. Some prefer to keep the wickedness within, or they have too much wickedness, so they don't like the Fire because it burns too much.

The scripture below is the best way to look at Jah Fire. It is a strength and purification for those that want to live in righteousness, but it is a destruction and torment for those that desire wickedness.

Mark 9
43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
49 For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt.
50 Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his saltness, wherewith will ye season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another.

The way I interpret salt in this scripture is that Salt is Fire. That is why he said "For every one shall be salted with fire".

In verse 50 where it says,

50 Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his saltness, wherewith will ye season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another.

I see this verse as:

Fire is good: but if the Fire has lost its strength, what can you burn with it? Have Fire in yourselves, and have peace one with another.

Christ is showing I and I that we will all go through the Fire, that is why he says "For every one shall be salted with fire". So it is better for I and I to blaze the Fire upon ourselves, to burn out wickedness when I and I see it. Instead of waiting for when we die, to burn eternally in the eternal Fire.

43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Christ is showing I and I to burn away any part of ourselves (thoughts and actions) that is wickedness. Because it is better to enter into Life without that part, then to keep that part, and then burn in eternal Fire, where the worm dieth not, and the Fire is not quenched.

The Fire must come, it is our choice to bring the Fire upon ourselves for a time, until the wickedness is gone. Or it is our choice to not have Fire within, and when judgement come, we will have to deal with eternal Fire.

Keep Jah Fire within,

Fire is Good
--------------------

Messenger: soulsurvivor Sent: 10/6/2010 12:53:21 PM

dont the I think that it might be wrong to "want" to go to heaven, are the words of the "Lords my shepherd I shall not want" meaning you shall not want for nothing so therefore dont desire anything coz its all taken care of? so by wanting something one is doubting ones faith in Jah will provide? I dont "want" the sun to rise in the morning cos InI know an have the faith that it will.In the same way I KNOW that Jah will guide I an if its Jahs will then InI will either cease to exist or enter into infinite Love a Love that knows No bounderies it is limitless an unconditional it is ALL forgiving an Omnipotent Omnipresent an Omniscient the cause of ALL causes.It is The Elohim The Holy Trinity an InI ARE ONE so obviously as ALL things are connected we must share the same God we just see HIM from different perspectives and being Omnipresent Jah sees Himself from every angle, We ARE Jah just different points of view that is why we ALL see Jahs words from different levels of overstanding an if we could ALL but realize this realize that we ARE the MANY MANSIONS of I Fathers House We Are the Fathers personality we are the fruits of the vine an yes some fruits are rotten but Nature REcycles so nothing is lost everything compliments everything else its all energy (Love)WHY would a Master artist paint a masterpiece an then destroy it? this is what i cannot grasp, why would evil come from infinite Love? I overstand that evil comes from man but where does man come from in the first place, obviously from the source of all life, so where does evil have a place in the first place , i would say that evil is better explained as ignorance?

Jah Bless

Messenger: soulsurvivor Sent: 10/6/2010 1:18:28 PM

well all as i can say is I AM that Fire that you talk of an I will rise from its ashes.
Lol you make the same mistakes as countless others have made since the dawn of agriculture you cant abide by another mans way so you hate in your thoughts an kill me with your OWN fire of your OWN vanity/vengence It is said that we are all teachers an what we teach best is what we need to learn, its funny how the brother has to rally for the support of the rest of you an try an make himself look clever in putting me down an callin me names. WHATEVER some of us realy know how to twist things to suit our OWN agenda but i guess some of you guys are to up yourselves to accept that we are all sinners, but some of us think we are holier than thou.

my interpretation of racist falls in the same category as ignorance an hate.

Jah Bless

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 10/6/2010 1:33:24 PM

soulsurvior:

In the words of the Black Christ-in-flesh:

"REPENT; AND SIN NO MORE"

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/6/2010 4:53:09 PM

If there is a homosexual person around I, I don't tell him any of I opinions about his or her ways, because I know most have no desire to hear it or change their ways, and I am not here to change those that have chosen their path. I just treat them the same I treat most other people.

But if a person comes and asks I what I opinion is, I will tell him or her what that is. Outside of the internet, I have only had one homosexual ask I, and I told him exactly what I think, and while he didn't agree with I, his reaction was better than yours.

If a person can't bear hearing the answer to their question, then they shouldn't ask it in the first place.

You act surprised by our reactions, but you claim that you were first introduced to His Imperial Majesty 30 years ago, but in 30 years you still don't know what RasTafarI people's opinion is about homosexuality? RasTafarI people are not silent about their opinions on that subject, whether when speaking with others, or in song, so you are either completely lying about 30 years, or have had your head in the sand those 30 years and never really knew RasTafarI.

Some supporters of homosexuals will try to claim that since there is no quote about Haile Selassie I refering to homosexuals, that "we don't know what his opinion is". Selassie I is Royalty and is Holy, and speaking about such vileness is not desireable or neccesary, Ethiopia already has laws about that behaviour. And these same people would probably want to assume that Haile Selassie I accepts homosexuality just like they do. But as I showed in the Psalm before, "These things hast thou done, and I kept silence; thou thoughtest that I was altogether such an one as thyself: but I will reprove thee, and set them in order before thine eyes." Haile Selassie I is not like you no matter how much you wish he was.

In Ethiopian law, homosexual activity is punishable by up to 5 years imprisonment. Haile Selassie I changed several laws in Ethiopia, but he never changed that one. And if you take a look at Ethiopian society in general, here are two quotes from Wikipedia,

"the promotion of homosexuality is overwhelmingly rejected by Ethiopian society."

"According to the 2007 Pew Global Attitudes Project, 97% of Ethiopian residents said that homosexuality should be rejected by society, which was the second-highest percentage rejecting homosexuality among the 44 countries surveyed, exceeded only by LGBT rights in Mali at 98%."

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 69

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I