Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1939&start_row=11

2007 Singles Jah Music

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 43
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/16/2007 11:16:17 PM

I suppose, some love the music only for what it does for them, while some of us just love it for what it is...Music

Ten Strings

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/17/2007 1:03:40 AM

Just finished this song this morning
thought i would share the Word Sound with the I dem
Give thanks
Love Rastafari

(untitled yet)

Only the clean of hands and the pure in heart
shall see MtZion, yeah
Shine the light in the dark, hail Jah from the start
He is the Lion, yeah
And if you way down there, feeling no one cares
just keep your head up high
just reach out to Jah and He will hear your cry I
me tell you say
RPT

Well, Babylon you done
You nah go live to see tomorrow morning sun
You never hail the Father when the morning come
you give us promises with your flattering tongue
you never come inna the slum where the youths come from
One hand on your gun and the other on your bible
sippin on your rum while we struggle for survival
me see you idle, drunk on arrival
so me burn your privicies and me burn your false idols
Cause Jah Jah Kingdom come
none a we no blind and none a we no dum
none a we fe flee and none a we fe run
none of my daughters neither none of my sons
shall beg bread from dem
nor take no friend from dem
watch how the judgement a descend pon dem
you no see say dem a heathen, and say them a christian dem
Me hail King Selassie I and chant me Anthem cause

Only the clean of hands and the pure in heart
shall see MtZion
He is the Lion
RPT

So grow your locks, and
give Jah the thanks, and
seperate yourself from the wolf pack,and
the fox, none a dem cant come chat
inna we face
tell them Repatriation, we want back we place
Babylon your memory erase
the children them thirsty and them cant get a taste

So, what is it, you have,
is it?
your pride or your privilege,
you nah visit,
the villages, where the poor people live
and you nah forgive
Mr talkative
dont do nothing positive, you just talk of it
The childrem them want them half of it
me hear them ask for it
the Earth was created and every man fe get a part of it
I know the Father give
Life for all to live
so why is it you dig a pit
when you shall fall in it
Mother Earth, we all in it
we all born in it
King Selassie stand alone,
do not bring no pope paul in it

Only the clean of hands and the pure of heart
shall see MtZion
He is the Lion
RPT

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/17/2007 1:33:21 AM

One last thought before i leave for now, sistren Ten

I would say first and foremost, the utmost respect to the I for upholding the Dignity and Royalty of the Black Woman.

Having said that, i see your liking for sizzla´s music has lessened because you ,as I, began with Black Woman and Child and then came to see him do songs like Spring Break.
But have you considered that another of InI sistren and daughters who have been, shall we say, trodding a less dignified trod, might begin with Spring Break and then come to find out about Black Woman and Child and Praise Ye Jah ?

Basically what i am trying to say is, you must know as i do that idren like Sizzla could never reach some of InI youths if they didnt do songs like Spring Break....and no matter what, they are InI people and we have to reach them anyway we can. And if that means that InI have to sometimes speak in the "language", they understand, then let it be so

Trust me, i would love to see the day when ini dont have to do so anymore
Matter of fact, i would love to see the day when ini dont have to sing anymore freedom songs
For we shall then be free

Love the Youths
Big up, Queen Ifrica, big up,Queen Omega,big up Dezarie and all Daughters of Zion
Rastafari Is

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/17/2007 2:52:50 AM

Give thanks to Creator of life, the Most High who makes all things possible,
Aya thank you for explaining what you meant regarding Sizzla, but before I get to that let met point out that sighting Jah Cure it was meant in jest, honestly but the way its written doesn’t express one’s tone when they speak. He does truly express a natural love for the place and its beauty as you describe JA, I was just messing around.
However, back to the question of lyrics, I’ve no problem with expressing love for one what feels for their man/woman - Jah Cure, Norriss Man, Gyptian, Turbulence, Warrior King n them all do this. That’s irie with me, but its the lewd stuff that I can’t relate to and like you I do skip tracks on Sizzla’s albums cos I don’t need to hear that. My liking for him hasn’t lessened as such but, he’s seriously talented and has worked really hard to produce so much over the years...with my bro’s and sistas, its a Sizzla v Capleton thing (jst for kicks) and I’m Sizzla all the way, no doubt, but I just don’t understand why he’d do say one thing but say another which contradicts. Its the way in which he says things like "so many girls that I have" or "crash dem out, dash them out...the woman them a $%$^ $%$^ *&$#%&*". I can't over that, nah.
When I speak women seen as “objects of desire” I mean it in the sense of subject/object dichotomy like the binaries of oppress/oppressed, master/slave. So in the way I used the term object it was in reference to the historic, social and cultural positions that have subjugated women, that objectifies and treats them as things for consumption, not as a woman with feelings of her own, an empowered or beautiful woman. I was thinking of object because the kind of work in which I’m involved its got to do with power constructions in discourse so I was speaking in that frame, of object as opposed to subject and not in the sense of affection, so I hope that explains my position.
But I’m not sure of the good intention, as you suggest of, lyrics like Spring Break of champagne n girls or So Many Girls that I have but more thoughts on this subject, later. Bless.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/17/2007 3:33:59 AM

But I’m not sure of the good intention, as you suggest of, lyrics like Spring Break of champagne n girls or So Many Girls that I have but more thoughts on this subject, later. Bless

Well sistren, i was not really trying to show the intentions behind doing such lyrics. I cannot say why Sizzla does such songs. I dont know the brethren. For if i say he does it in order to reach some youths, another person might be cynical and say he does it just for the money and neither of us could prove or disprove it.
what i was really trying to show was not the intentions of the artist but the inherent good intentions of the Music. What i was trying to show by giving that example was that a youth who never even heard of Rastafari might recognise an artist like Sizzla´s great talent just from songs like spring break and then in wanting to hear more would discover much greater riches.
having said that, I, just like the I, press the skip button on such songs, so there is really no need for ini to reason on them.
oh, and you must hear Sizzla´s new Chant them down....hands down best song so far this year. you can hear it on kalonji.com....or something like that

Bless
Rastafari

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/17/2007 3:36:07 AM

http://www.sizzlakalonjiinc.com/

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/17/2007 9:48:01 AM

Queen Ifrica, "Below the Waist" BOOM Tune

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/17/2007 5:15:53 PM

Ahoy the Sizzla is faya I and I'm feeling Below the Waist. I guess its how things are said that make them acceptable to I or not, she's talking about man and woman and although its overt, she's not explicit and doesn't cheapen the act. I know Sizzla might work as reverse as you say but reverse to inspire but also others might fall. If you began with Praise Ye Jah n stuff then heard some later stuff, loving Sizzla in the way I did only just rising in Rasta, you might feel let down... I know this could go round and round and a different thought might be voiced depending on what perspective you take so its best to talk of Best Dancehall Tunes. From the top of I crown:
Sizzla - Where are you Running To
Luton Fyah - Rasta Still Deh Bout
Gentleman and Ras Shiloh - Blessings of Jah
Gentleman - Lion's Den
Stephen Marley - Inna Di Red
Gentleman - Rumours
So many more and the list will grow, JAH JAH Bless, JAH is so good.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/17/2007 5:21:19 PM

Give thanks I for sharing your works, lyrics is fire I, fierce and no fear in speaking I truth, Most High Bless. Must be mo' faya when the chant is sounded n put to music, big up!
Is this line slyly in reference to something agwan in this forum last couple of days?
"seperate yourself from the wolf pack,and
the fox, none a dem cant come chat
inna we face"

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/17/2007 6:46:30 PM

BLessed I Sistren
The I see and know and overs well. Ini get ini inspiration not only from those that build us up but from them that try to break us down as well

Give thanks for the feed back

Rastafari

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 43

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I