Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1939&start_row=31

2007 Singles Jah Music

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 43
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/19/2007 3:29:12 PM

The i dem sight what i was talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij_ddYWyhTA

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/20/2007 5:21:51 PM

To the i dem interested

Chris Goldfinger is playing a special 2hr Nesta Marley session on BBC radio1 with interview with Ziggy and others, it will be there for a week, and afterwards ones can find it in the show archives

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chrisgoldfinger/

Blessed I
Rastafari Is

Messenger: Dominic Sent: 6/20/2007 6:26:38 PM

I got Sizzla tracks where he talks about love and overstanding, JAH RASTAFARI. then I got some Sizzla tracks where he says F&#k and talks about killing people. I think theres even sizzla tracks where he talks nopositive about woman. He also features on some tracks with matreialistic rappers who wear dimonds stolen from their own people. If bobo wrap their hair than why he wear normal basketball hats and shit?

I dont know I just thought about that the other day and It kind of bugged me, since most people come into RASTA by music and art. Those kind of people make it seem like RASTA is about killing and sexing woman. He be wearin suits like some kind of pimp or something.

I like alot of Sizzlas music but some songs made me say WTF!

Messenger: Dominic Sent: 6/20/2007 6:39:14 PM

and I really dont listen to hip hop music but there are soooo many artist who promote hip hop. Most rap deals with money bitches drugs violence and how tight they be. hip hop deals with real messages.

REAL hip hop artist with a message and lyrical talent include

Rakim, KRS one, Jurrasic5, GURU, Mos def, Talib and countles other artists so I mean you gotta search before you go on saying american music is no good.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/20/2007 7:58:05 PM

I feel like the i is talking to i, but i dont know who said american music is no good. I mean all i would have to do is mention Ms.L. Hill and that argument is done. Dont get i wrong because i talk so about sizzla and reggae music, for i could just as well sit here and talk of, Stevie Wonder or Nina Simone or Afrikka Baambaata.
And im not sure how the i is differentiating between rap and hiphop when they are the same thing,,hiphop is the whole art form, rap is the actual grabing the mic and do your ting.

As far as the conscious hiphop artists the i mentions, if you listen close you will always find somethings that you wouldnt consider as "positive", the youth dont live in such a positive world and they have to reflect that... case in point, Krs One and BDP had an album called Criminal Minded.

As far as Sizzla, if we can leave the xrated explicit songs for a moment, plz show i where he says anything thats "nopositive about woman", i would like to see
Who said, it is a sin to wear a baseball hat. I am not a bobo youth, but i usually have i locks wrapped tight, but sometimes i might relax, if at home or just around my area, i might have I locks out. i might have a bandana, i might tie it backwards, i locks are too big to wear baseball hats, but hey...is that really the sign of a mans rightousness?
Its kinda funny that you take offense of sizzla saying a word like F###, and yet thy own words are peppered with words like Sh##.

As far as talking about "killing people",
first lets remember who he is talking about
seond lets remember that he is killing them with his Word Sound and not going out to actually harm ppl
and third, lets remember that even Bob Marley used to sing of "bombing the church"....ofcourse, comparatively one might say that those are tototally different levels,but we cant be thinking like its the seventies now, a different age , a different generation, dont be amazed that the youth dem fyah get Redder now cause the gideon is getting hotter still.
Concerning wearing suits, lol, i have worn suits before, admittedly on very few occasions, but i dont have any problem with it, i dont know why anyone would. why,? because it comes from the western world? is everything from the west bad? I wonder what kind of shoes the I is wearing right now.
InI Father is InI example no? If King Selassie I wears suits on occasion, what problem does the I have with it?

One last thing i would like to say is, dont make the music about the personalities, leave that for MTV, let the music stand on its own.

"since most people come into RASTA by music and art"
Iyah, Rastafari is an inborn concept, if it is not inborn in one, one can listen to all the upful reggae music he wants and never turn unto Rastafari,like a few in this here forum , while the one who has Rastafari inborn in him/her will turn to Rastafari at the sound of one Word, at the sight of one image, at the feel of one vibration. People will always be attracted unto what is already in them, so if a person takes all the albums that sizzla has made and all he/she attaches him/her self towards is "killing and sexing woman" then you will know what is already in them.

Blessed Love
Never shun the youths, even the misguided ones who seem to only think about money and "bling", be happy for any Black youth doing something to come out from the shituation. One less hungry belly, what he does after with his success is between him and the Father

Holy I Jah Rastafari
Selassie I the First

Messenger: Dominic Sent: 6/20/2007 8:28:28 PM

I dont overstand when he says "gotta kill who I dont like" or when he talkin about going somewhere and his woman never know or when he say "neva gon stop until dem brains blow, gotta know I shot ya take me dough" OR when he say "what da fuck ya take me for I kill you fool, all you fuckin enemys my foot stool?

I dont know this sounds like 50cent stuff to me, but this only one song called life. I like sizzla overall music though. he just kind of materialistic and caught up in trying to be cool like the rest of the hard core rap artist.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/21/2007 2:52:53 AM

Brethren
When the I overstands why, during the 80īs, a lot of poor people wanted a change in the direction of the music because many felt that Rasta had, in a way, lost that "common touch" ( common touch being defined as the ability to communicate well with almost anyone ), then the I will overs why there is always a need for youths like Kalonji.

More blessings
Rastafari Is

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/21/2007 5:53:46 AM

Praises I n I
Aya Dominic, please chill on the profanities I, if you chant Sizzla for using them then why do you? If y'feel Sizzla offends by using profanities, I you too do the same thing when you write them, practice what y'preach...And this notion that Sizzla cannot wear suits because he's a Rasta, what law says this? Is there an an affinity to Godliness if one does not wear suits? There are a plethora of Emperor Sellasie I dressed in designer Saville Row suits, as an international statesman and if I n I live by HIS example then why burn faya 'pon Sizzla. When is faith defined by clothes now? These are material things of the earth and not of the spirit as the book of Corinthians rightly says....I think the same argument can be applied to Bobo's wearing caps, its not set in stone that if you nah wear a turban 24/7 you nah BoboShanti, have you quested these Bobos why they do so? Quest for overstanding first before you open fire, you might burn the innocent. Bless.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/21/2007 1:37:18 PM

it was meant to be: There are a plethora of images of His Majesty...

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 6/23/2007 8:01:55 AM

Ises My Lord

Since I had not time to reply for a long time now, I will carry on where I lost the Icussion then, alright.

Maybe my Brethren, I said it too extreme. Of course I love to see and hear the message and word of Ifrica and King Selassie I being spread. But maybe it is because of that, why I then feel even more hurt when I see so much foolishness and vanity by the same artist the next time.

You know, in the right kind of Hip Hop music you find african awareness same way. Yes but I still know what the I is saying. For example I tried to listen to hip hop radio (since it would be too expensive to buy all different albums, and because I love to discover new stuff), but I can't stand that. After some time of secular music, I just NEED to hear King Selassie I being hailed in the music, otherwise there is not much sense in listening to the music to me.

So, I guess I'm inna kind of wrongway. Coz on the other hand I just can't stand when some guys try to make Rastafari seem like a hype. And it's the artists who do that. On the other hand I love to hear King Selassie I being mentioned in music. Hmm I guess I have to keep the balance, listen as long to some (quality) dancehallreggae as long I stand it, and then switch over to some conscious and serious african hip hop again.

Maybe one reason is also the quality of the music. I just can't see any quality in things like stalag riddim, sorry I don't mean to offend anybody, but that's just not the thing for me. I love Sizzla's real thing album because it has many fine quality riddims on it.

But for me also the style of the music in hiphop is better than in dancehall. That is why I nearly only listen to Jr. Gong when it comes to dancehall, because of his hiphop style. Ah yes and I also like Kymani's style.

And now for all those who think there is no african aware hiphop and that hiphop cannot be serious, check Arrested Development which I really like. Injoy it.

And does the I know K'naan? The man has to check that!

Selah

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 43

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I