Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6361&start_row=31

Robert Nesta Marly the long awaited Messiah

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 46
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/9/2016 6:25:31 PM

Give thanks Idrin and I give thanks for the references.

"Thou hast thrust (pierce) sore (skin cancer) at me that I might fall."

According to you thrust means pierce and sore means skin cancer. But it doesn't say that, these are YOUR inferences from the text which you then fit to the agenda. Not negating any truth away from the argument with this point but for I personally this isn't enough, you would have to show how sore means skin cancer or that this is specific (not only selective) to Marley. Or maybe I'm getting it wrong about 'prophecy' is it to simply try and apply to all who we can fit in? Or to find absolute truths? In this instance you Bob is the Biblically prophesied messiah because he had a bruised foot and thrust sore at him that he may fall. Did His Majesty ever have a bruise foot?

If the I isn't aware of my perspective, I don't tend to use Biblical accounts as my foundation as I have long moved from that. But away from bible argument (and outer space and creation) I will say I like the I reasoning on how Jesus was forced into the prophesies of Isiah. Keep that deh fire burning iah

Yes I agree Ethiopia / Sudan and Uganda (Dr Ben) are the origins of Kemetic civilisation. And they carried the knowledge from deeper and southern parts of Africa. But Ethiopia is in direct lineage with the indigenous Kemetyu via the Axumite Kingdom and their culture. Much of which transcended into the 'native traditions' in modern Ethiopia and even the Orthodox Church. Ethiopia is the root! Yes I

Give Rastafari the Isis

Messenger: Har-Tema Sent: 1/9/2016 6:43:55 PM

Also, the word Israel does not come from Isis, Ra and El... It root word comes from Osiris or Asar.. Lets see..

Israel is made up of two words: Isr or Ysr which is the kemitic name of Osiris pronounce Ysr and NOT Wsir. Look at the vid below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU2VtsK_bAM

However, the ras in the vid failed to realized that the second part of the name Israel comes from the egypian god Heru. El in heberw comes from the word Chayil, Hayel, Hayl (2 Chronicles 17:7 - ben-hail means Son of Strenght) and its related to the Amharic Haile or Haylu which means 'Power, Might & Strength'. This is where Haile in Haile Selassie came from but in medu-neter (kemitic) the foreign "L" is replaced by "N or R". So Hayl becomes Har or Heru, since vowel in etymology is excluded, thus ISRAEL=ISRA-EL=YSR-EL=YSR-HAYELU=YSR-HAR (ASAR-HARU or OSIRIS-HORUS)=YASHAR or YASHER meaning Upright in Hebrew. This is AMSU HORUS the lifter of the arm of Asar. Israelite are noting more than the shemsu horus or the followers of horus known in amharic as "Heruyan" meaning Chosen or Elect Ones who came from PUNT.... Know wonder why the israelites when enter egypt was number at just 70 in the time of joseph and came out being number at over 600,000. According to Numbers 1:46, the Israelite army stood at “six hundred three thousand five hundred fifty.” Who knows maybe even over a million or more. So they must have been some type of mixing with the egyptian as you can clearly see the same thing happen with blacks in america... Israelite are the children of the light as Heru means light in kemitic

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/9/2016 6:55:34 PM

How could 70 produce over 1 million in 400 years? Remembering the 600000 was talking only of the men of fighting age. You buck up right Ina one of my long biblical reasonings. The bible says it was a mixed multitude. The only logical way your getting those numbers if is the majority leaving Egypt were in fact none blood related to the original 70. Maybe they were other captives of Kemet maybe the Kemetyu themselves Moses ran off with. Making Israel itself a belief system rather than ever any 1 chosen race or chosen tribe....... Many I dem don't agree with nor like this point. Dealing with Moses. How can anyone in Egypt be named Moses? Knowing this is a suffix and not a word nor name in kemet..... Not to mention he was 80 (maybe older) at the time of the alleged exodus and sea splitting. Has there been any agreed collective evidence of mass exodus of enslaved people from Kemet? The master teachers didn't seem to think so. The closest comes the mass expulsion of the invading hyksos pre 18th dynasty but let's not go there..
Sticking to the topic in this thread though de I should come with reasonings in some of those long circulating biblical reasonings / fire on here .... Even if Rastafari Goddess grows weary of them! Easy iah

Messenger: Har-Tema Sent: 1/9/2016 7:05:55 PM

I'm just going by what the bible say bredrin... For many researchers even our afro-centric scholar said the israelite where actually a cast of Kamites. Look at Isa 19:25 "Whom the Lord of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance"
So Egypt is the people of God as well.... Just like Judah or Yehuda or Yeduti being the god Tehuti or Jehuti. Even in sumer the god Ningishzidda is the same Tehuti in egypt and it is in his image the face of the Sphinx was created. He is the original lion of Judah...

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/9/2016 7:14:59 PM

Does the Bible teach that?

What does the Bible teach of Egypt?

http://www.openbible.info/topics/egypt

What a terrible propaganda and curse. It sticks InI even more knowing this coming from a perspective of ones who say it was true their wicked treatment from the Egyptians while they were in captivity. None of which can be accounted for with field research for a wide window of time given for said biblical accounts. Unrelenting none tolerance toward other cultures and practices. Much unlike Rasta people who each to they own.

Messenger: Har-Tema Sent: 1/9/2016 7:18:19 PM

And its not whosoever can fit the prophesy will be the messiah. Its more like these scriptures in a figurative sense are movie scripts only to be act out or perform in the future.... As it is said that the book of revelation is the oldest book of the bible and its origin is Kemit. Geral Massey already exposes this truth. Even the Book of Psalm attributed to David or DVD is actually TUT or Tehuti and one chapter of psalm was written by the god-king akhenaton.

Messenger: Har-Tema Sent: 1/9/2016 7:30:21 PM

Its sad to say but many rastas look at the bible the same way christian do. Taken selassie and replacing him with the fictitious character name jesus. The king said he glory in the bible and the bible is our rally point. Yes when it in understood metaphysically it is our glory indeed. Selassie was fond of history as one writer said he would watch long hours of history and documentary in his palace. So he was not glue to just the Ethiopia Tewahedo faith... He even even practice Yoga in his palace for hours and surround himself by these yogis of india and spoke about the importance of yoga when he visited india..

Every religion on the face of this planet has two sides: Exoteric that deals with moralism etc (external) and Esoteric that deals with the internal aspects i.e Man becoming aware of self or self knowledge (enlightened being), as Ras in amharic also means self. Look at it, In Christianity there is the gnostic, Islam their is the Sufi, and Jew their is Kabala... Study the esoteric side my brother and the truth shall set you free

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/10/2016 5:07:10 AM

I have, and find nothing original. Now I move onto the source. I trust not in foreign and tertiary translations and interpretations of that which is indigenous to I. Which the bible cannot escape being a part of. I am also aware of the wicked ways in which it has been utilised to control people, not to mention that your perceived happy - go - merry or idealistic outlook on the bible is false - many of the Esoteric messages within are also fundamentally against the principles taught within Rastafari. Such as the above mentioned curses and intolerance toward any other culture especially Egypt. Or the treatment / position of women, no matter the chosen esoterical spin of the individual......

I prefer the gnostic than the literalist fundamentalists which black peoples have NO business being a part of. But you can't tell I the esoteric will "set I free" lol maybe some but not I....that's were we Buck up.

You mention Jews Muslims and Christians. All branches of the SAME abrahamic faith. ALL of which Dr Ben showed the world had fundamental elements which originated in earlier African spiritual systems. Many of which we had lost direct connection with until the Information Age of recent. Why are we still interested and trusting in the tertiary hand me down version? His Majesty DID show importance in history, which is why he pointed us to King Ori and didn't stop the buck with Solomon. Whether getting information from the Vedas or from the Bible or from GrecoRoman DEMstory accounts......... InI see a pattern that WHENEVER our indigenous systems are picked up/stolen by a foreign nation , there is always a significant level of misinterpretation / corruption or however you want to twist it. This is simply not good enough any more from a conscious perspective as an African. As a PAN-African, any ideology which divinely outcasts and curses other spiritual systems (just because your God is a jealous God, lol) cannot thrive in a successful African community, where diversity and tolerance is the key

FarI

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 1/10/2016 6:53:21 AM

IRIE reasonings Idren! Thoroughly enjoying! And though I may get weary of the bible discussions...LOL...it depends on the context. If we are approaching it from an Afrikan ourstorical and cosmological perspective, with the overstanding of InI Ancestors, and not out of blind faith, then the reasonings become full of life to I. Using a musical metaphor, the difference to I is like walking into a Roman catholic church service and listening to the heavy, depressive and oppressive drone and babble of their "music" versus walking into a Binghi, where the AFRIKAN SPIRIT will move and shake you.

Brothah Garveys, if my intuition is correct, the quote you mention by John Henrik Clarke may have been a quote I posted in my "Religious Fanaticism: Is Rasta Guilty" thread in which I quote the following, which by the way, and I should have given the bredren his due RAspect, is by Ras Jahaziel, in which he beautifully states:

"Throughout the long history of black struggle for liberation there have always emerged leaders who became "GODS" AND "MESSIAHS". Their exalted status of honor and worship has been in most cases A RESPONSE TO THE SHEEP MENTALITY'S NEED FOR SOMEONE TO WORSHIP. In their SHEEP MENTALITY the people yearn for someone who will be SUPER-MAN, someone who will miraculously do all that they themselves fear to do or fail to do. This IRRESPONSIBLE condition opens the door wide for THOSE THAT CRAVE WORSHIP, and a circle of RELIGIOUS FANATICISM evolves to become an obstacle in the path of that liberation which both leader and follower claim to be pursuing."

Bob Marley’s used to sing “NONE CAN FREE OUR MINDS, BUT OURSELVES.”

RASTAFARI  

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/10/2016 7:58:01 AM

Now what's reasoning without a little fire and humor

Yes I. I'm sure the quote originally come from a dr Clarke video lecture but you know it's a needle in a haystack scenario. Whether the brother you quoted had Dr Clarkes words in mind in or not, he certainly got the point! Give thanks

The brother that made this thread has shown he definitely has a overstanding which goes beyond the traditional / euro literalistic mundane approach to scripture. So hopefully nobody here will get caught in the wrong choir singing cum by ya hymn with the Catholics. I loved that analogy, and can't ketch vibe without the African drum. Bless up!!!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 46

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I