Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5709&start_row=11

Living in the hills

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 6/14/2014 9:19:30 AM

The red sea has been , a refuge, and the desert, the woods.......

But at one time InI did not have to take refuge......

In the beginning corruption had not yet took over, Babylon was not, and so as it was in the beginning, so it will be in the end.

Babylon is going burn and nothin will remain, besides the foundation , the foundation of all of creation , hola mount Zion....

So let InI know our source, InI roots, tap in by the best way to access JAH nd true inner IYA self.....that's a good reason if INI am to go to the hills/ wilderness .....
E

( there is.a spiritual, physical and mental: heights/ hills/ sanctuary/ )

Allign all aspects info harmony and unity as one....bring it all together . INI in JAH.

Jah Rastafari

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/14/2014 9:19:56 AM

^^and most don't allow women among the monks or places of worship in the hills. FIRE on that. Rasta trod a hills with him queen if him choose. I assume you had Debre Damo in mind....

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 6/14/2014 9:24:50 AM

Women usually have their own sect yes woman in ancient Times( and still in culture) usually gather together , but not always , there is co- ed to but nit a prevalent...because the task as hand of JAH require two tools, male and female.....for every job there is a right tool....woman is a little different from man, and man little different from womban but none is superior I'd inferior...

Here's a link about becoming a monk for women...
http://www.debreberhanselassiechurch.org/BecomingAmonk.html

Men would be together most if time and women would work together in day.

And children would be together gathered, sometimes also as sons in one group and daughters in another......

This not sexism , just identity.

As for dark forces making Jah children take refuge........they are wicked and only for a shirt time, the earth is the lords and fullness thereof, JAH rules and reighs Nd satin stay on earth is temporary, righteousness if everlasting and will endure as
the earth Nd sun and moon and throne of David.......and the King....

Satin is under JAH, tho Babylon trys to blot out JAH , SEKASSIE I OVERCOMES AND IS LION CONQUERING ALL

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/14/2014 9:41:42 AM

I'm saying King, at Debre Damo - one of the most well known places of worship in the Ethiopian hills (amongst others) NO WOMBMAN is allowed up deh.

I know wombman and man have different roles etc but this teaching comes from the Bible, theres no way around it.

"Women and even female animals are forbidden to set a foot into the monastery"

My point being, the trod of the Ethiopian MONKS in the hills is not equivalent or equal to the trod of Rastafari people in the hills. Seen? Rasta and monk are not the same and I don't think the brethren ZionMtn was coming from the monk perspective. Jus a minor point I thought was relevant to your earlier post referring to the monasteries

HailE

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 6/14/2014 1:31:08 PM

Yes I , see RASTAFARI LIVITY is open to ALL who seek Righteousnesss of JAH, no matter what color creed race or religion, INI accept people as individuals. Those who seek with all their heart mind body ad soul the LIVING GOD JAH RASTAFARI WILL ENTER BE SAVED AND NOT CUT OFF FROM HOPE IN HEAVEN S COMMUNUTY IN EARTH ZION AS WELL AS IN HIGHEST HEAVENLY PIRITUAL REGIONS

there is always community in creation, community means communication and unity, and if INI communicate and be in unity with RSS Tafari, Empress Menen, The Power if the Trinity, yes communicating with Marcus Garvey in spirit, united with the Ancients and Ancestors in mind body and spirit......

Communicating with the tree and creatures and all of creation being united with Nd communicating with Jah Rastafari , continually united , letting the light of Jah Rastafari shine through I and I continually......

Give thanks and Praise... Romans 1:20–21

20 For since the creation of the world e His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and 7 Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but f became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.....

Give thanks and praises to to the most high

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 6/14/2014 3:28:15 PM

Give thanks Idrens and Sistrens

Iman feel the call to the mountains and even when the man was saying all the abomination of babylon and how they are trying to erase the entire race,i cud feel the vibe.
The man seh the only place for InI Rastafari is in the mountains.
The man was even prophecying even the mystics of the cutchie pot,the drums,the altar,the wrapping of turban etc.Iman felt strengthened,but I challenge is how do I pay a welfare to I parents???how will they take it,and in I family,Iman the last born and the only one left to open the seal for the family since I bredda and sister failed them.I'm their only hope.
but still that aint gonna stop I from fulfilling dis trod,it only get I thinking.

Give thanks king G.A,Blackheart
can the I teach or share more wisdom on this kind of livity,what is required to be done and what it takes to fullfill.
Would this be the time for doing musik???

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/14/2014 9:38:51 PM

If the I want to live in the mountains and still provide for your family, then it would be best to not go alone, but go with more people, so the I them can work together. The I them can make some kind of product, even from what the I can gather in your surroundings, and sell it to the people of the villages and cities around. Some places are easier to live than others for people who want to live in the hills. Some places have plenty of food and other places don't. Also, vegetarians have to be even more picky where they decide to live, because it is harder to live in the wilderness if a person is vegetarian.

I have never lived in the hills but will speak of an Idren of mine who Lived in the hills of Barbados for several years. Him and other RasTafarI set up a small community in the hills. They performed duties to gather food, build shelter and other things they needed, but they lived free without the bounds of Babylon. He enjoyed the life he was living. He told I this one story where the same hurricane that was destruction to the city and village dwellers, was a blessing for them in the Hills, because a lot of fruit fell from the trees in the storm and provided them with food, it was like Jah brought them a feast. They lived a natural life in the Hills, and it was a strength to them.

He told I that they would try to always keep a fire going and protect it from rain, but if he needed to start a fire, but didn't have anything dry to start it and it was after a rainfall. He would go around to the different trees and pick the very thinnest branches, the short thinnest branches (from one inch to a few inches long) at the end of dry, dead branches. He demonstrated once, he broke them so they were one to three inches long and stacked the branches in a way that might be hard to describe without showing, but I will try.

Most of the I them are probably familiar with how people lean branches on each other like a tee-pee when they are starting a fire. So the little branches would be leaned not so much like a tee-pee, but leaned on each other so that there is plenty of air in between and so they make an almost dome like pile. It doesn't have to be a giant pile, just enough to get the fire started. While picking the tiny thin branches, other dry branches of various sizes and still attached to trees, should be gathered. The reason it is grabbed from the trees is because they don't get as wet as what is on the ground, and they also dry much quicker. When he demonstrated it to I he just used a lighter to start it, it lit very easily and the fire spread without even blowing on it. He would then pile some of the thicker branches, still leaving air and not crushing the pile underneath. As those branches lit he would build it up thicker branches until he had a good fire. I tried the technique on my own several times and it never failed to work. It was more reliable then using paper to start a fire, because the branches don't burn away so quick as paper does.

I will come again to Reason more about the experiences he shared with I.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/15/2014 5:40:35 AM

Bro ZionMountain, it all depends on your intentions and how long you plan to stay. Rasta go to the hills sometimes only for a few days /week with the sole purpose to chant a binghi around the tabernacle with other idrin. Another short-stop reason may be to put on a ital pot and just reason with brethren, or iditate with ones self; amongst nature. seen?

If the I want to go out deh as in live out deh for a period of time then you obviously need a rough idea of shelter; if you don't plan on building your own. Also how far are the hills in mind from the nearest town/village? just incase the i need any extra provisions.

If the I plan on some cultivation then picking the right spot with some good fertile soil but also hidden away from babylon/thief will be important.

Going to the hills doesn't mean you have to live in total freedom from technology. The I can carry as much babylon technology with the I as the I feel necessary. For example the brethren Ark_I give some good example of how to start fire the natural way - but I would have no problem digging a store-bought lighter out of I pocket if available. Or with the music thing I know your interested in - Many brother and sistren go inna the hills with some recording equipment and the vibe and Irits they draw on from being with nature and free from babylon often result in dem making some powerful introspective music. OR if not recording; even just from a writing perspective.....

If it's the I first trod into the bush then it may be wise to try and link up with others who have either been before or who already are living up deh. Maybe ask the brethren to go with him next time he trod? Nobody can teach you online the powers/mystics/knowledge of a bushman.

Forward natty. Don't forget to give Isis and Chant to Jah

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 6/15/2014 11:28:12 AM

Truthful. Bro Zion Mountain, I n I are not too far from one anada so I man think it would be an ilahful iwa fo I n I to dwell togeda even fo a short period. De I can visit I here ina Swaziland, I man in de hills in dis iwa so de I can get some little experience while I n I dwel togeda here mybe for a month before yu start dat side. I go try n visit de I dat side (fo a Binghi n some little stay in de hills where yu go dwell if posible) one day when I got enough trunsport funds. Blessed love.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 6/16/2014 4:30:53 AM

Truths Blackheart.The mountains are I and I refuge in this time

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I