Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5709&start_row=31

Living in the hills

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/22/2014 7:19:51 AM

Is rasta here to turn babylon over?

Rasta want nothing to do with babywrong

Babylon will fall, crash and burn from its own actions. But I see what the I mean..... i would say if ones live in the city and not actively fighting for a revolution and against imperialiam, directly..... then its just frolic dem a frolic in a babylon. Many talk di talk and still have to bow and work a babylon job, fraid to stand up and leave and do for self etc nuff people nah let go of babylon titty. Dem still ah breastfeed from babywrong who provide dem food clothing and shelter. A rasta in the hills has no such complaint

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 6/22/2014 2:34:22 PM

Välsignad Kärlek NordMan det är sannerligen en välsignelse att se JAH'get tillbaka här pĺ forumet igen!! hur är läget? Hoppas att allt är väl... Haile I Selassie I vägledning!
BLESSED LOVE

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 6/23/2014 8:46:56 AM

Livin in de hills doesn't mean yu don't link with de people. Bein away from de people doesn't mean yu isolated. While one dwells ina de hills yu find dat yu trod to de villages n towns n city to get some things like ital n clothing sometimes. So dat is de moment where one get iwa to shine upful livity to fellow black people n to help break dem mental chains through word sound n black power. Ones who cant dwell ina de hills physicaly can still be ina de hills iriticaly through ital livity.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 6/23/2014 9:07:03 AM

De concept of livin ina de hills within de Rasta movement is not realy about livin in complete isolation from de rest of de world but its about bein isolated from vanity. It is to disconect onesself fom material obsetion, corruption n evil desires, to be free from, polution, physical, mental n spiritual bondage. It is to reconect n live in inity with mama nature. to embrace de concept of ancient livity which is ital livity. So even if I trod to de city I go with de hills. Fire!

Messenger: Sister Sent: 6/23/2014 4:25:23 PM

"Throughout history it has been the inaction of those who could have acted, the indifference of those who should have known better and the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered the most, that has made it possible for evil to triumph" - Haile Selassie

I agree that the sight of frolicking is a total disappointment. Ones who are awake have to push harder and stand firm and apart. As a woman raising a child alone the experience of providing for us is one of trying to choose the least offensive option in terms of employment, as I am working on self-sufficiency. Even in this, I am compromised I admit, I am enmeshed in the system and have to unmesh myself daily. It is hard to escape the system alone, and in a small, cold country like the UK moving to the hills means isolation and cultural challenges. [On a side note there is a book called ‘Deep Country’ by a man who lived without transport, phone etc for 5 years in the hills in Wales – a British man’s version of hill seeking and a meditative read.]

“..shine upful livity to fellow black people n to help break dem mental chains through word sound n black power.. Ones who cant dwell ina de hills physicaly can still be ina de hills iriticaly through ital livity.”

ꜛ;Says it all, and I&I have to get deep into the hills to stay unchained, daily. Wash in the iritical spring waters, daily.
Jah Bless

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 6/24/2014 1:59:50 AM

From the Scriptures I sight two ways of sanctity.

One is as Lot when he fleed from Sodom and Gomorrah , he left and and was desstroyed. That one way is to run away to sanctity. To leave Babylonians and Babylon and not look back unless you be turned to a pillar of salt.

The other way to sanctity in JAH is to build a ARC, as Noah did. Noah did not leave Babylon, a place of wickedness, but lived Righteous livity, and that was the ARC, when destruction of water floods came he was delivered. Along with his family and Animals.

See Arc means , chest, within our heart we must have refuge in this world of so much trouble. No matter where we are, the heart is the Arc of the covenant also, which we store the laws of livity, and all sacred spiritual treasures.

Lot means veal or covering, yes the Lord will move us to a place where we swill be covered by his hand as a shield as being moved also by the Allmighty hand. To be veiled from Stains sight by a livity of Righteousness leading to Holaness....

The ARK is built with such faith it will never sink into doubts and wrong living to drown with the wicked, but will always stay above water , the soul will be able to breathe , righteous upfull livity, guided by grace of Rastafari builds a unsinkable shipand live forever by such faith that produces acts that can move mountains.

Leaving Babylon takes just as much faith and action. Noah was relocated eventually anyway......Noah prepared for may years , and lot just took off spontaneously. Each followed step by step JAHS WORD.....Lots wife died because of looking back to former things of babylon, and Noah wife was faithful.

' Ones who cant dwell ina de hills physicaly can still be ina de hills iriticaly through ital livity. ' - Sister

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 6/24/2014 2:09:59 AM

2 The two men said to Lot, “Do you have any other relatives in this city? Do you have any sons-in-law, sons, daughters, or any other relatives? If you do, tell them to leave now, 13 because we are about to destroy this city. The LORD has heard of all the evil that is here, so he has sent us to destroy it.”

14 So Lot went out and said to his future sons-in-law who were pledged to marry his daughters, “Hurry and leave this city! The LORD is about to destroy it!” But they thought Lot was joking.

15 At dawn the next morning, the angels begged Lot to hurry. They said, “Go! Take your wife and your two daughters with you so you will not be destroyed when the city is punished.”

16 But Lot delayed. So the two men took the hands of Lot, his wife, and his two daughters and led them safely out of the city. So the LORD was merciful to Lot and his family. 17 After they brought them out of the city, one of the men said, “Run for your lives! Don’t look back or stop anywhere in the valley. Run to the mountains, or you will be destroyed.”

18 But Lot said to one of them, “Sir, please don’t force me to go so far! 19 You have been merciful and kind to me and have saved my life. But I can’t run to the mountains. The disaster will catch me, and I will die. 20 Look, that little town over there is not too far away. Let me run there. It’s really just a little town, and I’ll be safe there.”

21 The angel said to Lot, “Very well, I will allow you to do this also. I will not destroy that town. 22 But run there fast, because I cannot destroy Sodom until you are safely in that town.” (That town is named Zoar, [a] because it is little.)

Messenger: Sister Sent: 6/24/2014 2:12:00 AM

'Babylon on planet earth is a state of mind…leave from bout ya…leave this place of heartache and distress…leave from bout ya…leave this wilderness…this roman shell, this condemned hell…'

Out of babywrong one by one

(Ghetto Priest, Come Now)

(JesseP the quote was Blackheart's not mine)JahBless

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 6/24/2014 2:17:48 AM

5 Then the LORD [b] saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And the LORD was sorry that He had made man

Noah was a just man, perfect in his generations. Noah walked with God. 10 And Noah begot three sons: Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. 12 So God looked upon the earth, and indeed it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth.

The Ark Prepared

13 And God said to Noah, “The end of all flesh has come before Me, for the earth is filled with violence through them; and behold, I will destroy them with the earth. 14 Make yourself an ark

One Love one Heart One Refuge in The

Heart of Christ Haile Selassie

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 6/24/2014 9:35:51 AM

" I will how I see n live Nyahbinghi as a warrior inde 21st century. Iam a hills man, due to how I grow up in a broken family from age of 3 moving from country to country, town to city, from living sharing one room wid Mother n 2 sisters to renting full house to owening flat house, now house n land on da Motherland. Expirience show I various form of livity, which help I to shape I life. High Priest livity takes form due to enviroment one lives in same go for warrior priest as the choice is to the way a one see how best to do Jah works for ones n ones to get full benifits for both family n community cause a Rastaman in this time living urban live among Jah people, good n evil is de day to day chalenge for to live in total seperation in the urban shitys n turn a blind eye as to wah gwaan wid Jah people n do nothing hoping someone else will do da work n yu just jump pon de band wagon n claim de benifits I man can't do dat n claim Iam a Binghi warrior. We aim high live as Kings n Queens humbling I n I selfs n give Ises onto de Most High. Livivng in da hills to I one can reach a higher iritical livity only babylon will never make life easy for I to live pure n natural as individuals in defiance to there wicked evil laws of man. Unless we can live together as one Inited community spiritualy n phisicaly doing good n spreading da love of de Most High. Honour n respect go to all who choose to live n serve de Most High n da children of Jah both in da hills n more so in de giddieon battle field of de urban ghetto's n can maintain a oneness setting de example livity of true Rastafari livity. Many of us can live ital majority still find it hard to live within the vow of seperation n adapt it to the 21st century. Life as H.I.M says must based on Tolerence n Acceptance n most of all LOVE. We are what we eat n drink it is how we have self discipline, control n respect. Work n Pray n we all will better everyday. Rastafari " Nyahbinghi " the defender of the Kings n Prophets. Death to all Black n White DOWNPRESSORS. Blessed is the Most High Jah Rastafari... Selah... "

Words of Elder Trevor ras Jabulani Hall

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I