Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5709&start_row=1

Living in the hills

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 6/12/2014 5:08:45 PM

Does any of the I have experienced life in the hills???
An Idren who jus came from S.A suggests InI should leave (babylon)the society and start a life in far away mountains for good.
The man seh living in a polluted society fight the energies of Inciency thus weakening I and I.

What do InI seh???

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/12/2014 7:53:15 PM

Blessed love and guidance Rastafari. I think this is the eventual goal for most Idren... Certainly for I as well. But Iman need a community, a society, even in the hills. Humans are remarkably cohesive and sociable, and I cannot imagine Iman Zion Mtn or anyone else would be happy living totally alone in the hills. I know personally, a family is a must, and I would never go out into natural (bye bye babylon) living without a spouse at least.
But those are personal preferences, knowing that Iwombman do not like extended solitude.
I am wondering, why Iman would think about personal seclusion in the hills as an option before thinking of an established Rastafari community? Just curious. Iwombman intend to establish a school someday, and I am inclined to do so without the overhead of a specific group or Rastafari mansion as well. This is because I do not tend to agree fully with the ideas of any of the established groups, and would not feel comfortable deferring to authority or claiming the official name of a group I do not entirely agree with. Of course things may pan out differently, but at this time I am thinking along more autonomous lines, although of course I am in support of Inity and all Idren working together.
If Iman is keen to start a community in the hills, make sure Iman let Iwombman know the location so I&I may come sIght the I.
Iman Zion Mtn is in the Ifrican mamaland, yes? Where again?
What necessary supplies and abilities can Iman begin accumulating now in preparation for living in the hills, permanently, self-sustainably?
Yes I, this is the dream and vision Iwombman have as well, but it certainly will have to be with fellow Ones committed to the livity and companionship of that type of communal survival. I&I would not go alone.
Live up Iyah Zion King. The I is stronger STILL than babylon, and the energies in this world are nothing compared to the upful powerful energy that Iman have. Haile Selassie I.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/13/2014 7:55:09 AM

Do it iah

The elder is right!

Will definitely come back stronger, spirituality and physicaly. Some idrin go out to the hills and dont return for all ten.. twenty years! I agree with the sistren still would be better to plan. But would also be foolish to think if one inna da hills one is in total isolation. Bushman and wombman all deh bout, rasta everywhere. And one can still travel to and fro

Go to the hills and plant some food and natural herbs.... and focus on di I music. Even for a few month or so

Selassie I

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/13/2014 8:04:37 AM

Natty Dreadlocks in the Mountain chanting....

...And if we should live up In De Hills

Messenger: Sister Sent: 6/13/2014 3:40:01 PM

Zion Mountain, if you have the vision to do it and can see a way to self-sustain for a period of time then go for it. You are young and commitment-free and have a lot to gain. It might be a culture shock if you are living in a city (?) but one which you will adapt to and that will stretch you spiritually and mentally. You will be able to see yourself in a new light, knowing you can sustain life without the things you usually rely on, the challenge will evolve you.

Jah Child your response is so positive as usual, love that.

I think the harshness of babylon can actually strengthen the spirit, like sandpaper polishes wood, its abrasive but if the inner substance is strong its not destructive, and I stand as a witness for Jah in this. On the other hand I feel living the babylon life is perpetuating babylon and if there is a way to choose another path all good.

Jah Guide

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 6/13/2014 8:49:54 PM

Yes I brother. Its bn a year now since I man started dwelin ina dis ya hills. I man now dwell with two Idrens n I n I are growin ganja. Towards de end of last year I man was dwelin alone here fo 4 months. I would sometimes stay fo abt 4 days without mi see no mankind. I would get a chance to see people when I go dung to de village to recharge I phone. Though its a challenge especialy durin de rainy season, still I man agree with ones dat it is realy iriticaly uplifting. One Black Love.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 6/14/2014 12:05:19 AM

I see Christ had balance, always going up mountain to pray, the mountains are a refuge for Jah people.
There is Ancient culture in Ethiopia of Hermits living in wilderness. Like in lalibela there are Monks who stay in little domes caves in the rock carved church's....their whole life in JAH WORD CHANTING........
IN THE ROCK FORIVER MORE THEY HAVE TOOK REFUGE IN THE ROCK

Haile Selassie I honored these hola ones , for some are to wage only spiritual battle, others are to be instruments , like the ax the brings down the big tree of Babylon destroying all of its fruits of evil works also.

Can't just run from Babylon, taking refuge, but must also have confrontation, chant down all wickedness, yea the word is the sword, and in mind body heart and spirit are battlegrounds. The earth is the lords and the fullness there of, Babylon destroying the earth, the ecosystem that's sustain Zion livity , Rastafari livity must be saved. I and I are the answer. Even If one can't lea e Babylon physically, one can leave it mentally and spiritually.....prepare the way of the lord.
Liberate, repatriate.
Hallelujah , Peace and love is in Zion, compassion is the greatest passion......

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 6/14/2014 12:29:49 AM

No hills near I, only flat land and swamp??

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 6/14/2014 8:49:18 AM

The wilderness, the desert, the swamps are a place of refuge too....

The hills are defiently, many animals are all up high, running away from many they must go up to the height where it is safe and less human lives with their ways of destruction upon the creation and its creators in a seperatiin from the creator.....

So many animals are up in heights hill mountain because less populated by people.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 6/14/2014 9:07:44 AM

All over Ethiopia and Eritrea can be found numerous monasteries with men and woman living the monastic life. On the tops of mountains, insides caves and deep in the jungle, these ascetics have withdrawal from society in their pursuit of the divine. Just like the monks of Tibet, the Sadhus of India or the Orthodox monks of Greece, they are following an ancient, wide spread and well-established pathway towards self-transformation. In Ethiopia and Ertirea, this tradition is extremely old and a defining characteristic of the Tewado Church. To fully understand the history, culture and politics of this region, it is essential to examine this monastic heritage.

Haile Selassie I was a member of the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewado Church and his revelation as the King of Kings is linked to monasteries and the ascetic life. His language, education, culture and the way he viewed the world was shaped by the teachings of this faith. The monarchy of Ethiopia is an extension of the Tewado Church, it is a center of political power designed to reflect its theological foundations and a relationship with the divine as it is understood by this ancient institution.

Monastic life has been around since the dawn of civilization and can be found at the root of of many religions. The ascetic is an athlete who goes through decades of training in order to transform their minds and bodies. Isolation, silence, darkness, fasting, prayer and meditation has been proven to alter the cognitive state and physiology of human beings as it propels the ascetic into the divine. For thousands of years, the highlands of Ethiopia and Eritrea have been the home of numerous monastic communities, with ascetics practicing the ancient discipline all over the landscape. In order to understand the deep history and global influence of this region, one must become familiar the path of the ascetic

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I