Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5524&start_row=1

Phisycal activity on the Holy Sabbath?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 64
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 2/19/2014 2:18:58 PM

Greetings in the name of H.I.M. Haile Selassie I Negus Nagast the Head I-rator;

I man want to ask the I about performing physical activity on the sabbath day when kept holy.
Now,InI know that it's said that the sabbath is to be kept HOLY,but there are differnt people who view the meaning of these words in a different way.If we check out the dictionary definition of the word holy it sais:adj.morally and spiritually exellent or perfect,and to be revered.So I man see the meaning of HOLY as free of sin,pure and clean.
not because of the defintion only,but I always seen it this way.However it is also said that on the sabbath we should rest.But is walking,riding a bus,writing something,even sports if you please...,considered not keeping the day holy?;
InI also see in the Gospel that the pharisees and scribes always accused Yahshua for doing this or that physical action,and Selassie I always gave them an answer wich shut them up;He also said that the sabbath is made for man,not man for the sabbath,and that the Son of man is Lord of the sabbath also.

Now,I'm not saying that the sabbath is not to be kept holy,but I question is:can it be kept holy together with performing physical action,but not comiting sin?

For I man don't think holiness has anything to do with the flesh,except not to sin with the flesh...

BLESSED LOVE;
Hail King Alpha I Emperor Haile Selassie I and Queen Omega Empress Menen I;
InI Firm and Strong in the Almighty I JAH JAH RasTaFarI;

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 2/19/2014 3:17:40 PM

Jah peace prevail!
Jah is the way,
Jah in Movement and Repose...
I sight Jah appear in Movement, Jah appear in repose as well, for Jah is not in non-stop-movement.

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 2/19/2014 3:28:07 PM

Time is a cycle.
To rest means to pause.
Therefore, halt from I normal routine, and pause to consider I achievements, shortcomings and to refocus on I goal. I need Jah to metidate on this.
The Sabath is not only a weekly thing, but is transedential. It means 1 out of 7.
6 out of 7 parts are enough to perfect I work. The Seventh is ment to appreciate.
Holy simply means "set apart", like a nazarite.
But if I work is non-stop, where is the perfection, and why do I toil? Therefore the Sabath brings the balance.

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 2/19/2014 3:43:27 PM

The Sabath is ment for I to rejuvenate and then I can continue with I Work in New Inspiration, Joy and Energy.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 2/19/2014 9:18:15 PM

Like fasting is not beneficial if we don't fast from worldly thoughts and activity also.
True rest is rest on all levels...
Be of good cheer, I give not as world gives unto you, I give to you peace says our Lord.
Refreshing and revitalizing, renewing is the Sabbath if taken properly in the spirit Jah Guides INI with.

Rest bring restoration, deterioration of energy comes from giving it our all during those works days, thoses days of battle take energy, and can get exhausting if never resting, take a intermission, pause for the cause, the world want us to keep going and going never taking time to reflect, meditate and plan with Jah, but our Lord gives his workers a break, and a much needed for those ones who labour for love and truth with all their heart mind and body and soul..

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 2/21/2014 4:11:59 PM

Greetings I blessed Idrens;I give thanks for the answers that I-man should rest on the sabbath both physically and spiritually.But,the I's have not realy answered the question:if the sabbath is kept holy when performing physical action on it but not sining.Also I think that what the I said "holy means set apart" is not exactly what holy means,holy means free of sin,and those that are holy are indeed set apart from the ungodly... BLESSED LOVE JAH RastafarI rules and reigns far Iver and Iver.Amen.

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 2/21/2014 4:12:46 PM

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 2/21/2014 10:42:49 PM

The Word of God teaches that whatever action is taken without faith becomes sin. This means I consiously do judge I behaviour.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 2/21/2014 11:01:42 PM

Yes I, then preform in faith whatever activity helps the I feel most connected to the MOST I.

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 2/21/2014 11:21:09 PM

Consider these occupations:
a doctor
a shopkeeper
a teather
an artist/painter
now, the doctor may be surmoned on emergency call even on the sabbath, would it not be wrong if he refuse to practice his role before God and man?
Clearly it is best for the shop keeper to close shop on sabath. Surely the artist can cease from her profesion on the sabath. If her work has deadline to meet, then she should organize herself so that she will actually cease from painting on sabath.
The same for the teacher. But what if the teacher has to prepare her students for an exam? Can she work on the sabath?
But the soldier should be ready for defence on any day.
Notice that this examples deal with profesions/occupations/ careers. But the doctor's calling is a vocation.
These are a few examples of people's jobs in ralation to the sabath.
Other types of chore are simply continuous, especialy domestic work: cleaning house items, bathing etc, I wouldnt suject this to sabatical laws.
Finaly about holines. Take containers for example. We have cartain containers that are for general porposes, others are special; eg container to carry milk, vineger, wine, kerosine, etc. This are specialy reserved for their specific porposes . They should not be mixed with different fluids and are therefore 'holy' to their use.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 64

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I