Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5524&start_row=21

Phisycal activity on the Holy Sabbath?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 64
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/7/2014 9:40:51 AM

I didn't say anything against education Idren,I spoke against Babylon foolish education,against wich H.I.M. also speaks in the speech you posted,if you take good heed to His words,you will notice...

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 3/7/2014 9:50:41 AM

where?

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/7/2014 11:49:33 AM

Just compare what RastafarI sais education should be,and what it is in Babylon and you will see the difference.Do you realy think InI consider Babylon brainwash education as sumthing good for the yutes...?Don't confuse Babylon school brainwash with the education wich H.I.M. Speaks about mi Idren.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 3/7/2014 12:00:30 PM

And what the I wrote is the reason I posted this question about the sabbath day

I was just saying or making an example. The Sabbath day should be kept hola. Blessed

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 3/7/2014 12:16:49 PM

Jah never cease to work,so why should I?If we say a sabbath set apart for not sinning,does that mean there is a day I should sin.

This Rasta ting is a Live it,InI are di sabbath.If InI start to practice the sabbath like the jews,then wi are no less than the jews.
But InI the Rastaman are di sabbath,holy,pure and clean everyday.The hungry be fed,naked clothed,thats sabbath keeping,no matter what the day might be.

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/7/2014 12:31:38 PM

Weren't the people you call jews realy black Israelites?christians don't keep the sabbath coz they say they don't need the OT to learn,and they ignore that Christ said He didn't come to destroy the prophets but fulfill them.Anyway I point is that the black Israelites kept the sabbath,so why shouldn't we?

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 3/7/2014 1:05:19 PM

What but da black Egyptians? Black Canaanites? Black Cushites? Black Nubians? Did dey Keep da sabbath?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/7/2014 1:34:53 PM

Ive not read anywhere but I think the sabbath is based from biblical accounts of Genesis. I have no reason to believe God made the heavens and the earth in one day nor that a God would need a day to 'rest.' I don't think I should give reverence and acknowledge 'God' today any lesser than any other day of the week. For this reason, I don't practice the 'tradition' of the Sabbath and give thAnkhs and praises continually.

Who is to say there are even seven days in the week to give this special 'holiness' toward the 7th day. Again seems pseudo biblical / Genesis and Babylonian to me. Babylon week and roman calendar can't enforce their spirituality onto I.

(Wikipedia - 7 day week)
Origin
The origin of the seven-day week is the religious significance that was placed on the seventh day by ancient cultures, including the Babylonian and Jewish civilizations. Babylonians celebrated a holy day every seven days, starting from the new moon, then the first visible crescent of the Moon, but adjusted the number of days of the final "week" in each month so that months would continue to commence on the new moon. (The seven-day week is only 23.7% of a lunation, so a continuous cycle of seven-day weeks rapidly loses synchronization with the lunation.) Jews celebrated every seventh day, within a continuous cycle of seven-day weeks, as a holy day of rest from their work, in remembrance of Creation week. The Zoroastrian calendar follows the Babylonian in relating the seventh and other days of the month to Ahura Mazda.[1] The earliest ancient sources record a seven-day week in ancient Babylon prior to 600 BCE. [2]

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/7/2014 1:40:55 PM

Voodooruutz,I personally believe that JAH comanded man to keep the sabbath holy.If you have another opinion I have no problem with that.But I question wich started this reasoning was not even about keeping it holy or not.it was about physical activity on it.I never asked if it should be kept holy or not,coz I know it should seen...

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/7/2014 1:41:01 PM

Interersting information GA.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 64

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I