Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5524&start_row=51

Phisycal activity on the Holy Sabbath?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 64
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 3/14/2014 10:15:25 AM

It mite a been lawful to do good on da sabbath but y da man was gettin sticks? I say prolly fa da make a fiya prolly fa da cook or it was col out deh. If he was tryna stay warm an dey stone him den dat mean to me dat NO WORK ca be done not even supm good, to I. Iman see a documentry on da Beta Israel (Falsha) an say dey ain do nuttin mostly sit don all day. I think dey ceh da true Incient interpretation and don't think dey a recognize Christ or dat teachment. I don't mean d ones nem wha went go to Israel or d Christianize Falas Mura, I mean d rural village mountain Beta Israel

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 3/14/2014 1:13:35 PM

Give thanks Ras Nate, a wrong sighting by I, d I sight true I think if some good needed fa da be done ona sabbath say smody was ill r supm yeh but fatrue dat man cuda gather he sticks d day fo da sabbath. But d thing if it was cold out deh den dey still cudna burn no fiya???

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/14/2014 1:30:26 PM

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: Today 7:40:35 AM

THE SABBATH OF THE LORD OUR GOD, KING EMMANUEL, IS TO BE KEPT HOLY! ANY ONE WHO DEFILETH THE SABBATH DAY SHALL SURELY BE PUT TO DEATH!

JaH Bless & Sanctify Us All.

HOLY MARCUS I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI! IDI AMIN DADA I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI...BLESS!

Your not putting anybody to death, stop that.

If you want to keep the sabbath and praise King Emmanuel as your God you do that.

I (and other Ras) who don't keep a sabbath will continue to live upful and praise King Selassie I with no Emmanuel medium.

Easy king

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 3/14/2014 4:03:06 PM

Bless up Garvey's Africa, I dont see no Holy God commanding dat type a cruel murderous behavior

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/14/2014 4:55:19 PM

I agree.I see all that religious fanaticism as manmade confusion.JAH is LOVE,and JAH is Iver merciful,HE would never command to kill someone for doing something on the sabbath.

InI need to find the balance between the OT straight bloody judaism,and the NT false humility and weakness.

Some people who accept only the OT start to believe in such fanaticism as for someone to be punshed by DEATH for only doing something(not sin) on the sabbath.And people who accept the NT,and dont accept (or are not interested in) the NT have a disbalance on the other side,by thinking that all sins are forgiven everyday,and all you need to do is confess to Jesus(Caesar)and all will be fine.

Iman BUN both foolish philosophies.InI need to find the balance between the two extremes...

BESSED.

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/14/2014 5:22:19 PM

*The last NT I meant OT.For some reason I can't edit a post from I mobile phone...

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 3/14/2014 6:56:15 PM

Ras Nate 1995: "But an Idren told I some time ago that I must try to keep the sabbath strong.I am not saying that InI should rise our Irits on the sabbath only,I try to keep the Irits I everyday,and I noticed that on the sabbath the Irits are Ier becoz of the day.So I think this is what I Idren mean when he told I to keep it strong.I don't think it's strange,becoz on the sabbath InI are restored and revitalized by JAH,so the Irits might be Ier."

RASpect King. Idren may tell Iman many things, but what does JAH tell Iman?
A Messianic Jewish friend told Iwombman, "Shabbat on Saturday? Shabbat on Thursday? Shabbat means no running, no cooking? The truth is that the more room you leave for Yhwh, the more Yhwh will fill it."
So if the Iman leaves all of this time open once a week for JAH, by not doing any physical work, by not cooking, by staying home, by relaxing with family, by studying, then JAH will fill the Sabbath with joy and wiseheights. If Iman leaves time open everyday, then JAH will fill it every day. The Irits are as I as Iman let the Irits be.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 3/15/2014 4:29:59 AM

People have to overstand what is meant by defiling the sabbath,how one keep it holy.
Idleness is not Sabbath keeping.

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/15/2014 8:36:15 AM

JAH child,

I don't think that not doing anything and relaxing means to leave room for JAH to fill.For example a man who is busy working or doing something can be more Inected to JAH than a man who sits and does nothing all day,if the busy man is Itinually praising JAH in his mind or out loud and glorifying HIS works and the man who does nothing does not even think about JAH...So it's not realy about what we do or don't do phisically,but the Irits wich let JAH fill InI open room.

And yes Zion Mountain,I don't see cooking,walking,reading,... as not keeping the sabbath holy.So the I is right that idleness does not mean keeping the sabbath.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 3/16/2014 10:00:02 AM

"The possesion of degrees alone does not classify anyone as fully educated." H.I.M. Haile Selassie I

Also the Emperor said:

"it is rather to be judged by the service you render in future and by the tangible results of your labours"
-Haile Selassie I ; Engineering College - Graduation Speech

"In particular, our youth must be steadfast and take advantage of the benefits of modern civilization. Do not fall prey to idleness for it shall be a curse to you and to succeeding generations. "
Haile Selassie I
in - People are Wealth of Nation Speech

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 64

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I