Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3559&start_row=31

Are we sinful? Is there such a thing as original sin that has been passed down from Adam and Eve?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 34
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 6/9/2009 10:22:59 AM

Give thanks Ark I.
You are right we should not look to please our Father for our own gain. Those are the ones the Father will not know.

I was asking not because of self gain. I was simply asking because the ones I read in the bible that attained the perfect state did not see the grave, because they were able to carry their flesh in a perfect manner and thus it was incorruptible.

Anyway, all I wanted to know was answered. Give thanks.

Blessed love.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 5/26/2010 6:41:05 AM

"To build up Righteousness, I and I need to resist and cast away wickedness. I and I should resist wicked thoughts as they come so they can't become action. It can be hard to do this because we have been giving in to temptation for generations. So in the beginning, the I might find yourself with more wicked thoughts and actions then you should. But as times goes on, and I and I Itinue to resist temptation, temptation will flee away and there will be much more Righteousness. If people attempt to only stop sin physically, then it will never go away, because what is on the inside must come out. So the only way to be clean on the outside, is to become clean on the inside."

Give Thanks for this reasoning.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 12/18/2016 9:10:48 PM

As Christ taught not only the action of theft or murdering is sin, but the hate ful thought word like I hate you or you fool is putting one in danger of hell fire.

Not only commiting the action of adultery is sin but the thought of lust being allowed in one mind is sin. Not only must we cut of sinful actions but the thoughts and vibes and ultimately the spirit they come from must be cut off.

Messenger: Zion Black Jerusalem Sent: 6/5/2017 11:32:15 AM

Everyone is responsible for his own actions. There's no such thing as inherited sins.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 34

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I