Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3559&start_row=11

Are we sinful? Is there such a thing as original sin that has been passed down from Adam and Eve?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 34
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/7/2009 10:08:57 AM

Blessings
The I's overstanding of sin seems to be steeped in Xtian philosophy of sin and retribution, original sin as a mark of evil etc if the I begin from that standpoint the I can't expect to overs it any other way. As Ras KebreAB stated; "if your overstanding is limited, you will only get a limited overstanding of HIM word."
Next thing you'll be talking abt Christ's forgiveness of sins through crucifixion, oh Jah!
Give thanks to Empress Yaa for the word, sound, the I puts it well.

RasTafarI Is.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/7/2009 2:14:06 PM

Question

I had trouble reading Empress Yaa´s post, and im wondering if anyone else had this problem.
For some reason, the text is all jumbled up with forms of text that have no business being there.
I see the sign for the euro(money), i see the sign for trade mark (TM) and other things on almost every line, making it hard to read.

Im just wondering if everyone sees it like that, or should i be worried about this computer

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 6/7/2009 4:08:24 PM

I see it too Ras Kebre.

And in response to Empress Yaa's post. Well I see the first sin, not as sex. The I is right, sex was never a sin. lol without it how would I be here? Jah told us to multiply and be fruitful. The first sin is what sin is; going against the command of the Almighty. Adam and Eve were given a command, and they transgressed it. That is the first sin. Maybe I should use the word first sin instead of original sin, because when I use that it seems that ones think I am dealing with roman catholic philosophy or something.

When I talk of the first sin, what I talk of as being the result is the fall from perfection, thus we are sinful, and the results of that are as His Majesty said; death.

I'm not talking about us being evil. Even the righteous sin, whoever says not deceives themselves. Those who are perfect and without sin do not see death, just as Enoch and Elijah did not, just as Christ had to sacrifice himself and yet still rose. Yet Moses, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Abraham, they were righteouss......but they were still sinful, they were not perfect and without sin. There is a difference between striving to sin no more, and doing anything you want, regardless of whether it goes against Jah command.

About the second resurrection. Since when does the bible have anything to do with 7 day adventists or jehova witnesses? This is straight from the bible. I do not lean on what others may say, but what the bible says, I see it as my refuge.

What are we to walk the new earth that will be created for Jah's chosen with? The body of ours now which when we die will go back to the earth in the grave? Or are we going to die and go to heaven, like some believe? We gotta look for ours on earth. I am talking about the resurrection at judgment, when we will resurrected from the grave and judged. After judgment those who will inherit the earth will inherit it in what? The body that has rotted in the ground? Our bodies are not incorruptible.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/7/2009 11:41:52 PM

What she wrote was probably written in Microsoft Word or some other word processor program, so the commas and quotes get messed up.

I fixed it.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/8/2009 12:41:25 AM

I-Tom,

Don't mind what everybody else is saying, everything the I is saying is the complete truth. All those things are your limits and you will die in sin, this is your faith, and so you will die according to your faith.

But this is not true for I and I. I and I ways will be made Perfect, and I and I will Live according to the way I and I were Created to Live. That is I and I Faith and is I and I Truth.

Iverstand that I and I Faith is that I and I will be Perfect. What we were in the past does not limit what I and I can be Right Now and ForIver Forward. And what we are tomorrow does not limit what I and I can be the next day and ForIver Forward. It is not a matter of "if", it is just a matter of when the time comes that I and I have increased I and I Faith enough to Live according to the way I and I are to Live.

And don't think Selassie I excuse anybody for their Sin. As He said:

Shame on those of us who are Christians and do not follow the way of the Savior of the World, whose life was filled with kindness, humility, and martyrdom! If we lived by the laws he gave us and were worthy of being called Christian, peace would have reigned on this earth.

Men were supposed to be the equals of the living angels who unceasingly sang praises before the eternal God. Had this been so, peoples of the world would not have been divided along lines of enmity.

I-Tom, you say,
--------------------------------
I do not lean on what others may say, but what the bible says, I see it as my refuge.
--------------------------------

If you really took the Bible word as Truth, the I would not be speaking this foolishness, and would stop wasting your time striving to be something you can't be, and instead working to be something you can and will be. Just make sure what you can and will be is the Right choice. That will determine if you will be a child of God, or will die like men and fall like one of the princes.

I wonder if what I have just said and the links I am about to post is a waste of time. If the I can't Iverstand after all the words of WiseMind that all these Ones and Ones gave you in this Reasoning, then I wonder if the truth of your destination will not change and you will truly fall like one of the princes. Especially since the first two links are very recent reasonings with the I about the same thing.

As FarI-Sight said, these things are so far from RasTafarI.

Absolute Inner Calm

Perfection required, or to strive for perfection required?

I will repeat the links I already gave the I a short time ago.

Fire Burn try and hope

Free from sin

Temptation

Livity

Perfect Livity

Fire is Good

Faith

Prayers with Faith

Faith Strength

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/8/2009 12:51:06 AM

I-Tom,

You better clean yourself. It seem like you are letting some kind of duppy enter your soul. Many of the posts that you have brought here recently are filled with contention and strife.

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 6/8/2009 7:30:00 AM

I did not want to bring no contention or strife to this forum Ark I, I am sorry bredrin n sistrin.

I will not make such posts again.
The I can delete this post if the I feel to.

Blessed love.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/8/2009 8:23:12 AM

When I was talking about bringing contention and strife. I wasn't talking about this post.

And the reason why I said it was so that the I can check yourself and figure out why the I is letting such a spirit come into the I right now.

Messenger: the rock Sent: 6/8/2009 11:44:29 AM

Ras I-Tom

It is obvious that you have a passion for truth and have researched a lot of bible and HIM’s word sound power. Don’t stop searching. Don’t take what has been said here as Jah telling to stop looking for yourself. It is easy for people to make you feel like there is something wrong with you and what you think Just re member some body taught them what they know. If it was not so, then people would still be mumbling like babies. Constructive criticism dose not mean you have to stop posting something or delete it. Blaze it out. I thank you for your time and hope that you hold your head high in this time.

For me original sin starts with self doubt . That is why I posted that rhyme. Not ism or division but one with self is rasta, and that being the case you still have to grow. If you is rasta it come from birth and don’t matter what them people say give jah thank and praise.

God in man(woman)

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 6/8/2009 3:09:06 PM

Give thanks for your word sound rock. I will not stop searching, I am continually seeking.

I know the I was not referring to this post in particular Ark I.

Right now I am just reading and reading the scriptures more and more, and so that is the reason I made this post. Because I hear ones telling me that we are not sinful, and that we must be perfect. But then I read the bible and it says another thing.

I was not rejecting any wise mind Ark I. I have read your reasonings, and I do give thanks for them. I always stop to hear what ones have to say. I know that we can learn a lot from everyone. But I filter what ones say to me through the scriptures.

I posted this because of what I read in the bible, I wanted to reason with you all about it. I now iverstand how the I see sin and original sin though. So that is why I said you can delete the post if you please. Because everyone says it is far from RasTafari, and I do not want to post things in here that would seem like blasphemy to the I them. I was just looking to reason about it that is all. And the I them have showed me how you feel about it.

Give thanks for all the replies.

Blessed love!
Selam.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 34

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I