Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3559&start_row=1

Are we sinful? Is there such a thing as original sin that has been passed down from Adam and Eve?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 34
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 6/6/2009 2:42:52 PM

Blessed love family!
I would like to reason with the I them about sin.

-------------------
“It's quite true that there is no perfection in humanity. From time to time we make mistakes. We do commit sins, but even as we do that, deep in our hearts as Christians we know we have a chance of forgiveness from the Almighty.” HIM

“When Jesus Christ was born from Virgin Mary, from that time on He lived an exemplary life, a life which men everywhere must emulate. This life and the faith which He has taught us assures us of salvation, assures us also of harmony and good life upon earth. Because of the exemplary character of the life of Jesus Christ it is necessary that all men do their maximum in their human efforts to see to it that they approximate as much as they can the good example that has been set by him.” HIM
----------------------

So His Majesty said that we do sin, and that it is through Yeshua that we are assured salvation.

What does Yeshua say in the gospels?

------------------
“For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.” (John 3:17)

“For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.” (Luke 19:10)
(Also see Mt 15:24, and compare with Jer 50:6)

“Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.” (Mathew 20:28)
(Compare with Is 53:6-7)
------------------

If we are not sinful then why do we need a Savior?
If we are not sinful then why were sacrifices necessary throughout the OT? (see Lev 6:7)
If we are not sinful then why was the ultimate sacrifice of Yeshua and the atonement necessary?

We are all sons and daughters of Adam and Eve. Adam and Eve transgressed God’s law and fell from perfection. As a result we too have inherited that original sin and the results of it (death).

----------------
“In spite of Our utmost efforts efforts to save her life in her time of illness, she was overtaken by the fate of Adam and passed away” HIM

“Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:” (Rom 5:12)
------------------

------------------
“Today man sees all his hopes and aspirations crumbling before him. He is perplexed and knows not whither he is drifting. But he must realise that the Bible is his refuge, and the rallying point for all humanity. In it man will find the solution of his present difficulties and guidance for his future action, and unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great Message, he cannot hope for salvation. For my part I glory in the Bible.” HIM
------------------

What does the Bible show us?
--------------------
“They are all gone aside, they are [all] together become filthy: [there is] none that doeth good, no, not one.” (Psalms 14:3)
“Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?” (Proverbs 20:9)
“For [there is] not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.” (Ec 7:20)
“This [is] a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.” (1 Tim 1:15)
“For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.” (Heb 9:26)
“And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.” (1 Jn 3:5)
“The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.” (Jn 1:29)
“For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.” (2 Cor 5:21)
“Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.” (1 Pet 2:24)
“So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.” (Heb 9:28)
“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;” (Rom 3:23)
“If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.” (1Jn 1:8)
--------------

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 6/6/2009 2:53:46 PM

Now Yeshua said that we are to be perfect as He is perfect, and to be one with the Father as he is one.

But is this possible in this iwa? Look around. Who do you know that has attained this? Who is free from mistakes and sin?

--------------------------
35But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?

36Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

37And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:

38But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

39All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.

40There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.

41There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.

42So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

43It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

44It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

45And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

46Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

47The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

48As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

49And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

50Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

51Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

57But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.
(1 Corinthians 15)
------------------------

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 6/6/2009 2:59:36 PM

I am not saying that we should not strive for perfection. In fact I sight that we should be continually striving to be perfect as our Father. But can we actually attain this perfection in this iwa? Or will we attain it when we are given our incorruptible bodies?

Turning away from sin does not mean that we will never sin again. I have turned away from sin, yet i still make mistakes every now and again, as His Majesty said.

Christ said to sin no more. I do not sin, because I take heed to Christ words, but that does not mean that I will not make a mistake. When I make one I acknowledge my mistake, I ask for forgiveness, I repent, and I learn form my mistake, and continue to sin no more.

Messenger: FarI-Sight Sent: 6/6/2009 8:03:43 PM

oh my lord, this sinner thing and original sin is so far from Rastafari

Messenger: the rock Sent: 6/6/2009 8:48:48 PM

are u saying rasta people don't sin?

or are you saying this reasoning is far from what rasta people are?

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 6/6/2009 9:22:27 PM

FarI-Sight, blessed love bredrin.

I am saying what His Majesty and the Bible say.
Ras Tafari HIMself said that we do make mistakes and sin. So how may I humbly ask is it far from Ras Tafari?

And like rock asked. Does the I not sin and make mistakes? Is the I perfect?

As for original sin. I think His Majesty was clear about that. Upon the passing of Empress Menen He said:
----------------
“In spite of Our utmost efforts efforts to save her life in her time of illness, she was overtaken by the fate of Adam and passed away” HIM

compare with:
“Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:” (Rom 5:12)
-----------------
Stay blessed!

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 6/6/2009 9:34:11 PM

I think it is easy to say what Rastafari is and is not. I have heard ones say many different things. But I look to His Majesty to know what is of Ras Tafari and what is not.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/6/2009 10:10:55 PM

Blessed Love

Yes I, it is as Fari Sight say, so far from Rastafari

Do the i them ever real-eyes that Jah will only speak to you in terms that you can overs?

like language......if a man only speak french, Jah wont speak to him in english, see it

Jah speak to all man woman and child,,,right?
then how is it that so many still dont overs
because He will only give you what you can overs

if your overstanding is limited, you will only get a limited overstanding of HIM word.

His Majesty say, "From time to time we make mistakes. We do commit sins"

Do you overs what His Majesty is saying? Can you see the love that this Man has for you,mankind?
Imagine that, This is the Perfect One of iration, without sin or blemish.
And yet, He still says, "we"......"We do commit sins"
He doesnt say, "you do commit sins", He doesnt ppoint His finger at you, No, He takes your sin upon Himself of His own free will, thats how much He loves you.
And He tells you "we know we have a chance of forgiveness from the Almighty"
He is telling you, if you will only turn aside from your sinful ways, mankind, I will forgive you, I am always ready to forgive you, if you live by my Law. This is His Majesty´s message to you.
So for you to turn around and say, oh His Majesty says we do sin, and we are born with original sin, and the bible says, all men sin, so how can we be free from sin in this iwa, nobody has attained this..................that to me is .....blasphemy,,,,,i cant think of a better word

So Jah say, "Men were supposed to be the equals of the living angels who unceasingly sang praises before the eternal God"

Thats what i am supposed to be, so ,with Jah guidance and itection, thats what i shall be

Rastafari

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 6/7/2009 8:06:20 AM

blessed love.
Ras Kebre give thanks for your reply, I now iverstand where FarI-Sight was coming from.
And I am sorry you found my words to be blasphemous. That is not my intention, know that bredrin.

But just know that I was also speaking from isperience, because i have never met or heard about anyone in this iwa who is perfect.

I have never heard of anyone who does not make mistakes or who knows everything, or who does not suffer the fate of Adam. I mean if one is perfect then one cannot die, if one is without sin then one cannot die. That is why Christ sacrificed himself. Look at Enoch, he was perfect, and he knew not death. Even though Christ sacrificed himself, he still overcame death, and rose.

His Majesty said that the fate of Adam is a real thing.
What does the I interpret from this:
----------------

compare with:
-----------------

If there was no original sin that Adam and Eve made then there would be no death today, we would as His Majesty said be equals of the living angels unceasingly singing praises unto God. Do you know anyone who sings praises in their grave?

If we could attain perfection then what was the necessity of the atonement?
If we could attain perfection we could save ourselves, but no one can save themself.

If the I them know anyone who is perfect and who has been taken up in this iwa, whos flesh is not corrupted, and whos flesh if fit to be in the presence of Jah, then tell I.

What do the I them think is the purpose of the second resurrection? I and I bodies are not fit to be in the presence of Jah, because I and I bodies are pure perfection.

“For [there is] not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.” (Ec 7:20)
“If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.” (1Jn 1:8)

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 6/7/2009 9:44:49 AM

And then well chosen was the synonym statement by His Imperial Majesty…

"From time to time we make mistakes. We do commit sins".

Perfect clarity. Give thanks for the holy redemption in this time, for real!

So… what is your big question? Are you asking whether IandI are original ‘sinners’?

My simple answer there would be ‘no’ speaking for myself. Have I ever sinned? Of course. I will do it less and less and less… until not at all (I’m nearly there and that’s the truth). I actually can remember my last sin (oh, and I did a little one about 3 months back –my Mom was real mad with me and I very stubbornly did nothing to temper the situation… so that was not honouring her etc etc // oh, and I cuss and gwarn on this forum sometimes, frustrated at lies… and also in life if I have no respect for someone it shows too obviously (usually some heathen creature) – these are the types of sins I am focusing on eradicating as the currents are bad for my temple… which is incorruptible by the grace of Most High).

So, you’re telling me that because of my sins I am not Goddess in Flesh. lol. You will need more evidence than that to prove me out of what I know and live.

We start perfect. If you have been driven to complete corruption of self, that’s you. That’s been ur challenge. You cannot fail anybody but your Self. You better know that, and religion will not help u. If you defile yourself… you are defiling God, a. because you are a God in urSelf, denial of that changes nothing (ignorance, roman delusion and deception can only excuse you to a certain degree); and b. because you are by that, a part of the Almighty God and Creation.

Rather than humble yourself as God in flesh, and see the works and the livity that are SO much bigger than you, you would prefer to confuse yourself with ‘special human treatment’ like a spoilt child you is not chastised because they are ‘only being a little girl / boy’.

Don’t you find what you are doing is really plumping up yourself and faking an aspiration. You have a personal responsibility and contribution to the creation. Don’t try and shirk it.

Instead of asking yourself how the notion of ‘sin’ has been built up in your mind, you are acting like you didn’t get the definition from a catholic priest, or school teachers, or some other mislead imbecile.

Why not humble in your vessel, and first deconstruct your understandings of ‘sin’. Your very reference to ‘original sin’… says it all. What is the original ‘sin’. Sex? Hahahahahaha. Come off it and it be real. Sex can never be sinful. What matters is the intention. That is where one will sin or not. Look to Emmanuel for more on this.

Then you speak of ‘perfection’.

Don’t you know you have no idea of what is perfection. What you allude to as perfection sounds like a sort of death. The type of perfection that no one can LIVE in. They can only attain in the state of death. Can’t you see that you are peddling a lot of devastating Vatican illusion. The type of perfection you are talking about is the type that zombies can experience – hence the culture of ritual in many of the x-religions… trying to zombify people from a real life experience / real life heights… as if this guarantees them something in death – like betting on an unknown outcome. This is a real judgement. To take the right and responsibility of salvation from the individual. They are having real flames and fire for that as we speak.

I am sure that you will say that right now everything is not perfect because we are not in the drawings they put on those Jehovah’s Witness mags… or because we’re not dancing around on clouds or something. Why? Because the reason you are having these confusion is because you and your body level ego are stuck on where you fit in, how you will benefit, and where you feature and profit from the movements of JAH people (probably why you have been bringing up the whole HAM thing, and Moses out of Egypt, etc, etc). If you love Ras Tafari, these details will be indifferent to you.

I would really really really like somebody to explain this resurrection thing to me though. Cos, in all my trod, I have NEVER heard of this whole resurrection thing where we are supposed to get other bodies and all this kind of weirdness?? This sounds like Jehovahs witness and 7th day Adventist talk. So now Ras Tafari has become a way to secure yourself in the ‘after life after death’. Well I never. And all this time I love Emmanuel true He shows the way to see God in flesh, live and in life… which is everlasting if thee I them didn’t know. Whoever comes with their death talk to I will get a lightening in their temple… lol… when I never know dead yet.

It is funny… when we say we don’t know death… unuh look at us strange as if it something you know more about. Then when we say we know life, and we know ourselves same time with the creation… so much so that IandI own it. You still look at us funny… I wonder if u know how strange that looks from here? Read Corinthians properly, and try doing to with overstanding of God in Flesh… the Almighty God, you say you know HIM, so this should not be so difficult for you.

p.s. if you were doing just like His Majesty as you are always saying you do... then you are witnessing and learning the ways of the Almighty I. So... what are you talking about.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 34

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I