Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=182&start_row=31

Major difference between Christianity an RasTafari

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 40
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/18/2004 11:31:08 AM

Greetings,

Douglas Mack wasn't sent alone, but was sent with a group of RasTafarI.

It is possible that what Foxe said is true, but I don't know that it is. And the fact that the Elders rejected his words makes I wonder about the truth of it.

That is why I asked to learn more about it. Because if I see what the church deal with, then I can decide for Iself, whether it it true or not.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Za-Za Sent: 2/18/2004 11:43:03 AM

Basically I believe that it was the whole order of worship like that of the EOC which has ties to JA since HIM time. They knew of EOC worship and didn't follow that either! And knew that Selassie went to the EOC and the sects still didn't go! I feel the same reason applies here.

One
ZA-ZA

Messenger: Qe~ne Sent: 2/18/2004 12:04:19 PM

hi i am a member of the eoc. jesus christ is the king of kings.
because of bad spelling and translation of languages;YHSWH came to jesus. jesus means jah is salvation or I AM Salvation. Christ means annointed or chosen so jesus christ would mean I am Salvation because I chose myself. Haile Selassie I would mean the fullness of christ: the father, the word and the holy spirit back in one.Men have used the word to enslave( by twisting it even slightly) just like the devil did in the garden of eden. if read in the spirit it is an elevating gospel and not a depressing one.adam was created in the image of God and all the angels were to bow down to him.

MY archbishop interpreted the parable of the lost sheep.
God had a hundred tribes of angels(which he also refers to as sons)
and adam was the lost tribe(sheep) and the word put on his body and sat on the seat of the god head with it not only saving adam but glorifying him too.He rejoiced more over that one sheep(us) more than the other ninety nine(angels).

Messenger: Za-Za Sent: 2/18/2004 3:41:03 PM

Qe'ne
I have a question for you if Luke1:5 states that Jesus the Christ is NOT of the Root of David. And Micah 5:2 states that one shall rise up as the ruler of Israel out of BETHLEHEM. So explain to me how Jesus the Christ is King of Kings were JAH said the throne should not depart from David?

One
TREE-NATTY

Messenger: Qe~ne Sent: 2/19/2004 10:55:30 AM

JESUS CHRIST SAID THAT HE WOULD SEND ANOTHER COMFORTER WHO IS THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH AND HE SHALL TESTIFY OF HIM. HIS MAGESTY SPAKE NOT OF HIMSELF BUT OF CHRIST. THE FATHER NEVER GOES AGAINST HIS WORD.

Messenger: Za-Za Sent: 2/19/2004 11:35:26 AM

But again Jesus the Christ is not from David!! I proven this with my scriptures I gave to you. This is what I man the rastafari deal with. Know Jesus never said he was the son of David So again HOW CAN YOU SAY HE IS THE KING OF KINGS??? Mary was a Levi! HIM was not talking about Jesus the so-called Christ!!! I believe one or the two things. HIM was speaking of Joshua the Christ after Moses remember you said that Moses saw Christ in Flesh!!! Wasn't the Myth Jesus!! Joshua was with Moses and Moses instructed HIM with wisdom. Or Selassie I was talking of HIMself in thrid party. A lot of masons do this, and we all know that Selassie was one. But please don't tell me Christ is KING of KINGS when this title is for the ROOT OF DAVID
Luke1:5 DESTORYS THAT STATEMENT WITH so-called JESUS OWN WORDS!!!
READ IT!
I man Rasta and follow the ROOT of DAVID for the bible tell me so!

One
ZA-ZA

Messenger: Qe~ne Sent: 2/19/2004 12:19:31 PM

luke 1:32

Messenger: mdjonas Sent: 2/19/2004 12:23:43 PM

Not arguing with your claims, because it makes sense. But to follow HIM because the bible says so is folly. The only true and good reason to follow him, is that you know in your heart that he is your king. That mean that you see the truth personally that he teaches.
HIM is someone king when that person have the same heart as HIM, and one know this to be true when one hear the message of freeness, that the king bring. And if the bible told me otherwise I would still stand firm, and I would stand firm if the whole world told me otherwise, because I know heartically, what I know, that to be free is the only way.
That is why also we must try to get away from this discussion about what the scriptures say. All I know is that truth is truth, forward in creation from Jah. So if any words written is scriptures then it can only speak the truth. And if it speaks the truth about man and Jah, then it can only speak of being free from babylon and stop following pope paul. So what sense it make going the opposite direction and try to prove what the scriptures say? If it is scriptures then we already know what it says. And if it don't say about Jah rastafari, then it is not scriptures, and if we read something and it don't talk about Jah rastafari, then either we read wrong and get the wrong idea of what it says, or else we read correctly and that thing is not scriptures.
So let us get positive and talk about reality, what we experience personally, and don't get caught up in useless debating.

Messenger: Gwandumi Sent: 2/19/2004 12:34:30 PM

Salaam in the name of King of kings, Emperor Haile Selassie i.
I 'n i site that Christians are still looking for Messiah, while Rastafarians have been revealed who Messiah is.
JAH guide.

Messenger: Za-Za Sent: 2/19/2004 12:51:33 PM

Qe'eN
Luke20:41-44

Jesus never admitted being from David again by his own words!
Not by 'Someone elses like that passage is Luke speaking not jesus

One
ZA-ZA

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 40

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I