Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=182&start_row=11

Major difference between Christianity an RasTafari

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 40
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/3/2004 9:31:59 PM

Greetings,

Jah don't really deal with people the way the I says. If he did, the wicked men who are doing so much harm wouldn't exist, because they are unreasonable. Jah rises the sun for both the righteous and the wicked, and make the rain to fall on both, and Jah also brings physical death to both the righteous and the wicked.

When the I is saying that when you decide to kill some who choose not to hear, I assume that the I is talking about people who are attacking the I or the I family and choose not to hear, and not the people that just choose not to hear your ways.

RasTafarI didn't fight and run away, He went to gather armies to help Ethiopia defeat Mussolini. He knew that the weapons that Ethiopia had couldn't compete with the more modern weapons the aggressor had, especially considering how wicked the people behind these weapons were. They used poison to kill many people, and didn't have any consideration for Life. So Selassie I Itinued the fight and accomplished what he set out to do. He gathered the armies to defeat Mussolini.

Jah Strength,

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Za-Za Sent: 2/13/2004 10:05:25 AM

I just wanted to add a few tings to dis right here.
I see a lot of dem say "Haile Sellassie was a Christian and lived in ways according to Christ" and how he set the example.
Well how many of you go to Church like HIM?
But rastas suppose to be a followers of a follower of Christ?
That nah make sense to me brottas!
I also read how one must live in rastafari
If you are truely living in Rasta do you go to Church like HIM did?
Ethiopians feel that if rastas follow the ways of HIM they should be apart of the EOC. Selassie was, he was crowned in one too! And last seen in one as well. Actually you can sight Selassie I life and see for oneself that HIM was always inna Church. As so was So-called jesus the christ since he was a baby. This is where i feel that Rasta needs to improve with the "livity" of HIM. HIM did go to Church we know this now I feel if one does not do this like HIm can you really say you Rasta? But if your "ways of life" only has you speaking, doing, and improving oneself thats still all good but its not rasta! It more spritual if anything. But Rastafari is NO Sprite (Ghost or Duppy) HIM come in flesh the physical. Not Like Buddaist, taoist, Hindus and so on. But Rasta not even close to any of them things. Bob Marley had a song called "Selassie Is the Chapel" so if the chapel come in flesh and still goes to the chapel why don't rastas? Rastalogy deals with the Church like Rastas deal with Love! So if you rasta and nah deal with the Church (like going to one)I man can easily say you no deal with Love.

One
ZA ZA

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/13/2004 10:48:06 AM

That is cool but let met say this i am a man and god is in, me not in god but god is in me,dose that make me god yes,the son of not the creator.yes HIM went to church and had relgion, he also said that there is more then one one to see the light.i don't go to chruch you show me ho from the chruch went to fight at the last days of HIM.but it not to say that the chruch is not a good thing.all this will pass and the name of JAH is not just said in one way.BUDA do not beleave that GOD is some kind thing that one can not touch,but he is and he is not,he is all this from a bird to a baby.THE chruch did not make god.JAH made all things...EVEN LOVE!!!!!

one

Messenger: Za-Za Sent: 2/13/2004 11:17:55 AM

Rocky
I can show you who went to Church and fought for HIM the Et Army! All member of the Ethiopian Army are devoted memeber of the EOC. Like many ET in EThiopia. And God is in everything, but God made man so he will know that God is in him and want to give praises I-tinually! In the world they are so many distraction so this is why Temple worship was created. Remember Soloman who ask Jah for Knowledge of everything?
This is a man who was at the time the smartest man on earth, or the "Christ" of his era. He still went to temple!!! He knew everything reason you or anyone can think of for one not going to temple. But still went!!! Why???

YES HIM did say that there is more than one way for one to see "Jah Light". But show me where he said for ones to do this "don't go to Church"? Yes other ways, but he said nothing of other ways outside of temple. If he did that doesn't make sense to me brotta! Cause HIM would be a hypocrite! Cause if the King of Kings said outside of temple worship there are beter or equal ways for one to see the "light of JAh" why didn't he do it? Maybe he wasn't suppose to but Rasta are the followers of HIM so just because HIM might of said something and do another should you do what he say or what HIM do?
And again you're right "the church didn't make God god made them"!
But Jah made -The Ark, The Temple, The Temple Worship (sight Jacob fight w/ the angel and he built a alter), and Jah sent the order to man for the worship of HIM. "How long does one have to suffa?"
The fullness of Jah is not outside of the temple, the fullness of Jah is not inside the Temple, it's both existing in harmony! Selassie is the Chapel! Not the just the Love of JAH! "The Fullness Thereof"

One
ZA ZA

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/13/2004 11:29:30 AM

Greetings,

Selassie I brought order to the church. He was the Head of the church and Defender of the faith. Selassie I changed some of the corruption in the church, for example, Selassie I took some of the land that the church gathered from the people, and He gave this land back to the people, where it belonged. Many in the church hated him for doing this. I look to Selassie I, not to the church that Selassie I rebuked. And I look to Jesus Christ, not to the church where he knocked over tables and rebuked for their wickedness.

If Selassie I was presently attending a particular church, I would be there for sure. But I don't see that the churches of today are living up to the Christian ways.

And did the I ever see Selassie I or Jesus Christ telling people that they must go to a church establishment. I and I congregation and church is I and I people, so I am living how Selassie I live when I go to I church. Christ never showed I and I that I and I must be a member of this or that, or that I and I must go to this or that church. He showed I and I how to live.

Mark 9
38 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.
39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.

Luke 9
49 And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us.
50 And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.

It is the church leaders that try to make us think that we must go to church to be saved by Jah. They teach these things to maintain their business, and keep money coming into their establishment. People go to their churches, and hardly learn anything about the Bible or what Christ said. The church reveals a small portion and keeps the rest hidden. So only the people that choose to read the Bible theirself will see how to live as a Christian, because this livity is not taught in the church.

Luke 11
52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

If a person wants to go to a church establishment, that is their choice. I will not tell them that they are doing something wrong by going, I will only tell them that if they don't live in Christ ways, then they are doing something wrong. And in the same way, I won't go to a church establishment just because someone tell I that I should, especially when I see that the church is not living in a Christian way.

Selassie I say,

Obstacles, Sectional, tribal and other divisive factors often pose major obstacles to national development. In their expanded sense, as narrowly national and ideological interests, they threaten unity and progress.

No one is today so foolish as to believe that any one nation constitutes a perfect monolith of faith and ideology. Nor could anyone wish that there should be such utter vanity of thought and aspiration.

Tolerance

I don't deal with Domination (Denomination), because I will have no other person dominate I and lead I in the wrong direction. I will learn from all people that I can learn from, but it will be only me and Jah that will lead I, nobody else.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/13/2004 11:29:54 AM

OK,thats right the people in the army went to war for jah.did they stop,did he telle them to stop,he knew what HIM was doing.IF i can't ge to a temple do i not pray?And if there all going to fall anyway why not just make our body the temple.if i wanted to bring godes word to the people 3000 year ago i would make a big biulding,most them gone now,GOD and MAN are hear.I do not think god has made every thing clear but step by step iam going to the inner so that i may help that outer.

JAH LIVE IN INI INI LIVE IN JAH

one

Messenger: Za-Za Sent: 2/13/2004 12:02:25 PM

Ark
You said you don't see Church living up to Christian ways" Very very very true my brother. But how about a Church created by HIM to live up to those ways? I understand that you may not know of one but I do!!!
It's in America and Europe!!!!
This whole time I have been talking about this church est, by HIM Haile Selassie I in 1962. And has remind in existance ever since. This ORDER was ordined by Selassie himself in secert with the head monk or Abuna. And he was under the "guidence of JAH"
So there is a place for you to learn and worship the Divity of HIM HAILE SELASSIE I the way HIM HALIE SELASSIE I wanted to be worship for his devoted followers who believe in the DIVITITY OF HAILE SELLASSIE I

This is what Selassie meant by "other ways to see Jah light"

One
ZA ZA

Messenger: Roots Dawtha Sent: 2/13/2004 12:27:56 PM

I have to make a short comment. I am a rasta and I do go to church. I also read Jah Bible everyday. This is I medicine. I beleive that every man/woman should be in a spiritual congregation that will elevate,stimulate and educate I & I mind,especially the youths. Our youths need to see us(rasta) doing positive things,attending a church of Jah and meditating. The church I attend actually is giving back to the community,helping the homeless,people in prison and offer teaching of the Bible,explaining things that I&I never know. So one may not support or fight against church but I have to defend that not all congregation(church ) is corrupt just like not all rasta are corrupt. We have to assist(volunteer) to help others instead of belittle, debating and arguing. Lets take action by doing! Just like this forum,it is teaching and debating. We take some things that we can learn and some things I&I deject if its not right to the I! RASTAFRAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROOTS DAWTHA

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/13/2004 12:40:54 PM

Greetings,

Za-Za, the "Church of Haile Selassie I" is not in every city. I live in Toronto, and to I knowledge there is not one here.

I have never been to this particular church, so I can't speak much about it. But I still know that if people are living for Jah, then I and I will be fulfilling I and I purpose for Jah. And when I and I people gather together, this is our church. I and I church is not limited to any building, it is wherever Jah works is being performed.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/13/2004 12:45:37 PM

Greetings,

Za-Za, I would be interested to hear what the I knows about the Church of Haile Selassie I.

I would like to learn more about it, I know very little concerning this church and I want to Iverstand more.

The I can maybe start a new topic with information about the Church. I give thanks for whatever the I is able to tell I and I about it.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 40

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I