Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=172&start_row=1

calling yourself rasta ????????

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 42
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: MICHAEL Sent: 1/20/2004 10:46:50 PM

a rasta makes his money from the land .......not just reading bible.....or wearing locks........or being black.......or being from JAHMAYKA........so when people argue over wether they are rasta or not it makes InI laugh..because if they dont make theyre $$$$$$$$$ from the land they aint rasta.........

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/21/2004 9:05:37 AM

Greetings,

Whatever work RasTafarI do in righteousness is RasTafarI. Haile Selassie I called on I and I to get education so that every One can do what they are best capable of doing.

Some are farmers, some are architects, some are doctors, some are engineers, some are this, some are that.

If they live in righteousness, in the ways of the Most High, then they are RasTafarI.

And if the I look at it, nobody makes their money from the land. The land brings forth food and shelter and materials, but doesn't bring forth money. People make money from grinding and pressing materials from the land, and they trade this money with other people to buy their merchandise, or pay for their services.

Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's.

Jah has given I and I the mind to make things, I and I just need to make sure that the things we make are not harmful.

Jah Bless,

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: MICHAEL Sent: 1/21/2004 10:04:53 AM

all InI am saying is if you talk to the rastaman in JAHMAYKA they look down on people who do not make their $$$$$$ from the land.........they consider that to be the ONLY way to live rasta........its not thy opinion its theirs......sometimes you come off be mightier than others Ark.....seh

Messenger: the rock Sent: 1/21/2004 10:18:54 AM

i feed my family how i am told to.reap@sow
JAH RAS TAFRI KING OF KING....YOU KNOOW.
LOVE..ini..JAH

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/21/2004 10:28:16 AM

Greetings,

I don't have any intention to come off mightier than anyone else, I just speak my mind, according to what I see. But I don't hold the things I see without consideration. If someone shows I something different and what is said is justified within Iself, then I will change I views. I have changed many things about I views, when I realized that I former views were wrong, or at least I was convinced that they were wrong.

About living off the land, I know that some Rasta say those things. But I look first to Haile Selassie I for guidance. Haile Selassie I did major work to modernize Ethiopia, and encouraged the people to do all kind of things, not just farming.

There are many things that some Rasta say that is different from Haile Selassie I, Jah RasTafarI. For example, many Rasta think that their way is the only way that is true, and people that live by the different religions of the world are lost and will not be accepted by Jah.

But Selassie I say,

--------------------------------
No one is today so foolish as to believe that any one nation constitutes a perfect monolith of faith and ideology. Nor could anyone wish that there should be such utter vanity of thought and aspiration.

Tolerance
--------------------------------

I have learned to not just accept all the beliefs of others unless I can justify it within Iself. There are also other things, that some Rasta say that is different than Haile Selassie I. So I take the teachings of his Majesty over these people, not just because he is the King of Kings, but because I agree with what Selassie I say.

Jah Live,

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Brother Jahphet I Sent: 1/21/2004 1:00:11 PM

Following the Allmighty Ras TafarI makes InI a Rastaman!

Bro Jahphet I

Messenger: MICHAEL Sent: 1/21/2004 5:12:35 PM

greetings in the name of H.I.M..............very well said Ark ..........peace

Messenger: Ras John Sent: 1/21/2004 10:56:51 PM

InI a Rastaman because InI have always been Rasta... one isnt Rasta cuz of their job or cuz they smoke herb or have locks or none of that... we Rasta cuz we got the Rasta spirituality... something we have always had since JAH JAH Create InI... ForIver a Rastaman... Iternal, seen?

Selassie is, was and forIver shall be. Just as InI a Rastaman. Just as we all are Rasta people. No greater power, love or force than that of JAH Rastafari... One love.

Ras John

Messenger: MICHAEL Sent: 1/22/2004 11:39:09 AM

everry one saying it doesnt matter......well we have a bunch of hypocrites here.....in my last post Iman told you InI would have to cut my hair........do you know how many people responded to me that if Iman does I aint RASTA....NOW YOU ARE TELLIN ME YOU DONT HAVE TO GO BY THE RASTA BELIEFS.......BUT WHEN I SAID ABOUT HAIR THETRE ARE 35 RE MARKS AND BIBLE SCRIPTURES TELLIN ME HOW BAD IT IS........ONE WORD.......HYPOCRITES..........and if you dont like it you are lying hypocrites.....all you have to do is read the post about dreadlocks.....you will see how many of you told me that Iman was wrong......but when it suits you its alright.....come on tell me your heathen thinkin....as long as you are saved it doesnt matter right ? WRONG think about your fellow man instead of yourself..............and IMAN dont need to be with you HYPOCRITES.........BURN

Messenger: ijah Sent: 1/22/2004 11:45:03 AM

who the cap fit...let them wear it...eeehh

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 42

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I